• Do you believe in forgiveness? Is there anyone you have forgiven for betraying you? I was able to forgive my very best friend for sleeping with my current boyfriend in High School (it took time and now we are closer than ever).
    I usually believe in second chances but I know some people do not. Do you think once a cheater always a cheater and cheaters should not be given a second chance?

Is it sometimes to late to apologize?

• @Janet said in Do you believe in forgiveness?:

Do you believe in forgiveness? Is there anyone you have forgiven for betraying you? I was able to forgive my very best friend for sleeping with my current boyfriend in High School (it took time and now we are closer than ever).
    I usually believe in second chances but I know some people do not. Do you think once a cheater always a cheater and cheaters should not be given a second chance?

Is it sometimes to late to apologize?

I whole-heartedly believe in forgiveness. It's never too late to apologize for something no matter how long ago it happened. I believe always in making amends and I don't like anyone feeling bad towards me.

However, regarding the cheating thing, I do believe in the "once a cheater, always a cheater". But that's just from what I've seen in my life. Also, guys, advice: "If they'll cheat for you, they'll cheat against you."

• i'll be more general here than cheating , i guess you might forgive but deep inside you want revenge , it never cools down it just keeps consuming you everyday until one day you just burst into something for relief

• @Morf said in Do you believe in forgiveness?:

"If they'll cheat for you, they'll cheat against you."

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• @Lake-Bodom said in Do you believe in forgiveness?:

i guess you might forgive but deep inside you want revenge

I love getting "clever" revenge. A revenge that they do not see coming, and they do not know it was even you. Sweet revenge hehe. In my case I did get revenge on my best friend but after a year I did forgive her. She really is like a sister and I consider her family as my own.

• @Janet
    I do believe in forgiveness if it happened by accident or person had valid reason to betray me. Like if I was in his/her place then would i do that to benefit me or not. And even if I forgiven I'll learn from it and yeah it will be so hard to expect things will be returned as normal like nothing happened. I don't be obsessed with revenge at least I'll try not to lol. Coz it's not good for mental health to do that.

• @Janet love that kinda revenge too lol but im pretty much direct )

• @Janet well i believe on quote of lucifer he says once a bad always a bad so i don't forgive him so easily

• I always look for the reasons and motives for a person's behavior and try as much as possible to find logical justifications for what he did wrong, because I believe from a humanitarian and moral standpoint that every bad action we do is the result of a bad ideaor a negative event that we were exposed to, so all the individual judgments that we make of society have their Intellectual roots and an emotional impact that happens to us in our awareness or unconsciousness, and these psychological effects are the first motivator for anything that comesout of our will, and therefore we are all victims and all of us are guilty of one way or another, and there is no way for us to coexist in peace except through forgiveness, cooperation and providing the necessary assistance to eachother. :)

• I do believe in forgiveness , if that is a girl 🌝

• @Janet definitely, I too believe in forgiveness... And I'll definitely forgive but the thing named cheating.. I really don't like it... I'll forgive to the person who stole my money or any things.. I'll forgive people who calls me anything bad but before that I also calls him/her anything bad 😆😆 haha that's just funny and.. I will forgive anyone who slaps me or beat me.. I definitely forgive but before that I'll give the same thing to them 😆😆... But if anybody cheats me... Its kinda difficult to forgive and forget about that matter.. I really don't like people who cheats me and forgiveness in cheating is depends on the matter... And I will definitely ignore forever the person who cheats me... And once a cheater always a cheater, I've heard it many times before... Maybe most of the people will change after our forgiveness but some people won't change.. and I won't give a second chance to people who cheats me.. because if they cheats me again.. it will affect me a lot and led to frustration or mental depression something or will be stuck in daily sad mood... That's all

• @Janet if it hurts emotionally , it's revenge , if physical with no serious injuries then forgiveness.

• I think that forgiveness is more important for the one who forgives, and not for the one who is forgiven.

• @Janet "Fogive to Forget".. No matter how simpler this might sound, but the execution to it is quite harder..

• @Janet depends , if something would be affecting my mental health , I would just leave , mental health is important . Best thing forgive, just move on . Carrying a burden is of no use.