• @Itiel I agree. It's pretty rare nowadays.. I think 1/1000

• @cjko I agree. I think its because the culture today educate to be more open and open and because of that people forget about it

• @Itiel true

• @cjko this could be two different topics, people have forgotten (or have not been properly educated) on what marriage is because there are few true marriages going on. Many people being against religion doesn't help either (although you can get married anywhere), and its become something hollow. Its not about performance in front of God, or a big party, or just something that costs a lot of money. You know when you first fall in love? You're all bubbly and you wanna tell eeeeeveryone about that person? Yeah, marriage is that. And when you make a decision, you tell your friends so they help you keep accountable. You just wanna get all your friends and favorite people in the same place and scream "I choose this crazy human to go on adventures with!", you share it because its awesome to share your favorite things with the people you love. <3 As for "waiting" for it, im guessing its about s e x. My answer would be yes. One, because we have spoiled men. We give them what they want before they're committed and then wonder why they lose interest. Humm.
    The thing i've learned (and it's not free of pain) is, IF you wait, you tend to weed out the boys/men who will eventually leave you down the line.
    It takes a shit load of self control but for me, I would give my pinky (and i have such an adorable pinky toe) to meet a guy who would write letters and wants to "wait" until we get closer. Because waiting, used to be a regular thing. Waiting used to be a part of it, the waiting made the journey super cool, you were invested in the person and the leading up to it.
    Marriages now fail (imo) because we jump into relationships too fast and we fall in love with potential, not giving people enough time to reveal their true selves.
    Mostly, if you wait, the guy who waits for you is probably gonna be a million times better than any a*****e who just wanted to move fast. ;)
    (sorry for the long rant)

• @Vanessa-Snow sometimes in life its a good idea to wait before you do something, i see it on myself in a few things. And special when it come to this important stuff, marriage, every person should thing what is more important for him, marking V on his gf or leaving the s*x in the side for a while and exploring new things.
    Great things you wrote btw.

• @Itiel much appreciated. :) from what i can see (from my happily married friends), the key is to do things together, like friends do. (s e x is a bonus, but sharing interests and actually doing other things together as friends seems to be what makes it last)

• @Vanessa-Snow Right about it, those are the things that make relationships stronghold.

• @Vanessa-Snow said in Why wait til marriage ?:

@cjko this could be two different topics, people have forgotten (or have not been properly educated) on what marriage is because there are few true marriages going on. Many people being against religion doesn't help either (although you can get married anywhere), and its become something hollow. Its not about performance in front of God, or a big party, or just something that costs a lot of money. You know when you first fall in love? You're all bubbly and you wanna tell eeeeeveryone about that person? Yeah, marriage is that. And when you make a decision, you tell your friends so they help you keep accountable. You just wanna get all your friends and favorite people in the same place and scream "I choose this crazy human to go on adventures with!", you share it because its awesome to share your favorite things with the people you love. <3 As for "waiting" for it, im guessing its about s e x. My answer would be yes. One, because we have spoiled men. We give them what they want before they're committed and then wonder why they lose interest. Humm.
    The thing i've learned (and it's not free of pain) is, IF you wait, you tend to weed out the boys/men who will eventually leave you down the line.
    It takes a shit load of self control but for me, I would give my pinky (and i have such an adorable pinky toe) to meet a guy who would write letters and wants to "wait" until we get closer. Because waiting, used to be a regular thing. Waiting used to be a part of it, the waiting made the journey super cool, you were invested in the person and the leading up to it.
    Marriages now fail (imo) because we jump into relationships too fast and we fall in love with potential, not giving people enough time to reveal their true selves.
    Mostly, if you wait, the guy who waits for you is probably gonna be a million times better than any a*****e who just wanted to move fast. ;)
    (sorry for the long rant)

thanks for sharing this , I appreciate it. It's well written and concise btw , I congratulate you for that, haha :D
    Yeah, it's not easy to wait but everything will be worth it.

• @Zen00

Living in America, it is hard to see marriage this way. People get married and divorced so much that is almost the equivalent to dating 😭

Not sure if i should laugh or cry at how accurate this is.

• @Vanessa-Snow said in Why wait til marriage ?:

@Zen00

Living in America, it is hard to see marriage this way. People get married and divorced so much that is almost the equivalent to dating 😭

Not sure if i should laugh or cry at how accurate this is.

Do both!