• Gamers

long time since I did an actual fact post, here I go

1 - about 89% of the Linux Kernel is written by other devs and not Linus Torvalds himself

2 - even Microsoft contributes to Linux Kernel development

3 - all supercomputers use Linux

4 - about 96% of servers use Linux

5 - There are more than 10 Linux based Mobile Operating Systems

6 - The mascot Tux [penguin] was suggested by Linus Torvalds after a penguin bit him in the zoo

7 - Steve Jobs once offered in 2000 a job to Linus Torvalds at Apple, Linus rejected

8 - Google has contributed about 1.1% of the code in the current Linux kernel

9 - In early 1991, unhappy with the MS-DOS and MINIX, Torvalds wanted to buy a UNIX system. Luckily for us, he didn’t have enough money. So he decided to make his own clone of UNIX, from scratch.

10 - Linus also created Git when BitKeeper shutdown its free service

11 - Linus Torvalds has a strong dislike for C++ programming language, he has been vocal about it. He jokes that Linux Kernel compiles faster than a C++ program.

12 - first Linux Kernel, version 0.01, had just 10,239 lines of code

13 - Linux is also a genuine washing powder brand in Switzerland

14 - Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer once called Linux cancer. In 2016, Microsoft created its own Linux distribution.

15 - America’s NSA had approached Linus Torvalds in order to create backdoors in Linux Kernel. Linus said no this ‘request’.

• @JessicaGrant said in Facts 'bout L i n u x:

long time since I did an actual fact post, here I go

1 - about 89% of the Linux Kernel is written by other devs and not Linus Torvalds himself

2 - even Microsoft contributes to Linux Kernel development

4 - about 96% of servers use Linux

5 - There are more than 10 Linux based Mobile Operating Systems

6 - The mascot Tux [penguin] was suggested by Linus Torvalds after a penguin bit him in the zoo

7 - Steve Jobs once offered in 2000 a job to Linus Torvalds at Apple, Linus rejected

8 - Google has contributed about 1.1% of the code in the current Linux kernel

9 - In early 1991, unhappy with the MS-DOS and MINIX, Torvalds wanted to buy a UNIX system. Luckily for us, he didn’t have enough money. So he decided to make his own clone of UNIX, from scratch.

10 - Linus also created Git when BitKeeper shutdown its free service

11 - Linus Torvalds has a strong dislike for C++ programming language, he has been vocal about it. He jokes that Linux Kernel compiles faster than a C++ program.

12 - first Linux Kernel, version 0.01, had just 10,239 lines of code

14 - Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer once called Linux cancer. In 2016, Microsoft created its own Linux distribution.

15 - America’s NSA had approached Linus Torvalds in order to create backdoors in Linux Kernel. Linus said no this ‘request’.

ok

• Gamers

@Firefly said in Facts 'bout L i n u x:

ok

very constructive

• @JessicaGrant said in [Facts #x27;bout L i n u x:

😮 , I mean I knew developers contributes patches to Linux , but don't knew the percentage...

Quantum computers too?

That's a good news 👌😂

So using "Linux" is not that much hard (jk)

• @JessicaGrant said in Facts 'bout L i n u x:

Linus leads the Resistance :ok_hand:

• Linux Popularity is Too much increased in this LockDown Period too
    img
    Simplest clean cli based Music player