• Normally I wouldn't make such a grim post but recently I have been thinking. We meet a lot of people on the internet and people come and go. Recently I have been missing a friend and not sure what has happened to her.

Would you rather have that friend missing because they were hurt in an accident (meaning unable to contact anyone) OR they just disappeared and never said goodbye so maybe you didn't matter at all?

I do not want her to be hurt obviously but I also do not want to believe we weren't actually friends. I am just worried :((

What do you think? Both options are not great but it is what it is.....

alt text

• @Janet
    Maybe she is busy irl . It happens a lot with me. Some of my internet friends text me and go without saying bye or see ya and after weeks or months they come back and tell they were busy with something. In worse case they pretend it wasn't important and carry on conversation. I actually stop worrying about these things. Coz if they care then they would don't take this much time to text at first place. Anyways idc about it anymore.

• @that-was-mine33 I can dm you what happened and I am not here to discuss that really. But the "got busy" reason does not fit with the story. It's just sad in any case :((

• @Janet Jan, great post. I know you miss her but we don't really know. I hope she is perfectly fine but also i dont think she would say goodbye to you without letting you know. Let's jus hope she comes back soon enough. You and her are good friends that I know.

• i pick hope theyr dead

• @decko said in Would you rather options on lost friends........πŸ€”:

i pick hope theyr dead

no.............

• @Janet that not an option?πŸ™„

• @decko said in Would you rather options on lost friends........πŸ€”:

@Janet that not an option?πŸ™„

It is an option but I never want to believe that.

• @Janet mhmm im sure selena is just busy sksk

• i have no idea tbf but i experienced this multiple times i guess i just don't care after they disappear and i don't try to reach out

• @Lake-Bodom said in Would you rather options on lost friends........πŸ€”:

i have no idea tbf but i experienced this multiple times i guess i just don't care after they disappear and i don't try to reach out

Naturally I have many friends that just disappear online but the circumstances in this situation are different than normal. Its hard not to care right now :((

• @Janet probably hard life and stuff nothing much , you don't have to catastrophize the situation i guess and if they were really good friends they will come back that's for sure ! hope they come back

• @Janet
    I usually get easly attached to people. Talking to someone every day or weekly and then stop it's a bit concerning, especially if you talk personal things. You can worry a bit if you don't speak in a long time but you have to understand that sometimes he or she is busy and don't have time.
    A friend of mine that i talked daily with him i started to talk a few days a week and now we talk once a week and have an long discussion, things we've been through.
    I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to him, even if I didn't hear from him at all.If the last discussion I had ended on a good note, I wouldn't be very worried. I would be relieved because he is well and maybe something has happened in his life. Whether this is good or not, only he knows.

A good question is how good friends you have been. A good friendship it takes time if you met online.

• @justB said in Would you rather options on lost friends........πŸ€”:

A good question is how good friends you have been. A good friendship it takes time if you met online.

That's why I am sad. I do not want to go into detail on my situation but she is a great friend :))

Thanks for the response. I just wanted points of views on how people deal with. Trust me over the years people have disappeared but this situation is different and strange.

• @Janet A few years ago I was the leader of a faction in a gaming community and I had over 30 members. We all talked every day and got along well, we created a pleasant atmosphere and we became friends. Of the 30, I met a few in real life and tried to stay in touch with most of them. After I finished that chapter of my life, I was left with 5-6 friends, i'm not talking to them daily but at least once a week. I know what it means to lose friends. I still wonder about the others, that they are doing, how are they. I'm trying to get a hold of them, to contact them now but it's hard after a time.
    In life you have to accept losses as well...

• @justB haha damn same with the gaming thing so I know too. I have never worried about an online friend like this before... hence why I made the post.

• @Janet Maybe we start a Online Friends Loss Support Group :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes:

• I lost a girl but only a friend we werent like dating or any but yea

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!