• so i usually go to gym and i like it, but there are some days that i cant find motivation to go and work out so i just stay at home doing nothing. has someone experienced this before? how do you pass this stuff and still go to the gym by not forcing yourself?

• @Sasha-M Sometimes, you just have to get yourself there.
    I used to H A T E going to the gym, but the hardest part was actually getting myself to the gym, once I'm there its very easy to start my workout and continue it, and it feels real good to finish!
    I work out at home now and I think that's also made it easier for me, I don't have to actually get to the gym, I just have to start! Once it becomes a habit its less of a burden and more of a normal activity, like going grocery shopping or walking your dog.
    What also helps me is in the mornings, I watch youtube videos of fitness "gurus" and they help motivate and inform me of different workouts. I hope some of this helps!

• @OliveOlivia i’ll try to see it as a habit so i dont feel forced to go, thanks for the advice

• I prefer to mix it up if I'm feeling too lazy to hit the gym. Exercise for the sake of it drives me crazy, so I like to make goals. I have to remind myself that I need to keep going so that I have enough stamina to do something I wouldn't be able to do in my current physical state. So I'll go on hikes or bike rides out in nature, or take a dance class. Just anything to get my body moving!

• @Sasha-M said in any gym people here?:

so i usually go to gym and i like it, but there are some days that i cant find motivation to go and work out so i just stay at home doing nothing. has someone experienced this before? how do you pass this stuff and still go to the gym by not forcing yourself?

I have been hitting the gym on an almost religious basis for nearly 6 years now. Despite it becoming more than a habbit I still have days when I'm too tired or simply do not feel like going to the gym, I'd say 60% of my days are like that, but I still go. I go because I know I'll feel better after I'm done and if I don't go I'll feel like dogshit, not only that but I actually feel great when I'm there, it's almost like a form of meditation for me, I put my headphones on and my mind goes quiet, I don't think about anything, I just count reps and sets.

All those things you're telling yourself, like "I'm too tired, I've already done enough work today, the wheather outside sucks, I'll go tomorrow instead" and whatever else you can think of, those are just lame excuses and you know it.
    So force yourself to go if that's what it takes, force yourself to do the uncomfortable thing, discomfort is our friend, it builds us up, we shouldn't be comfortable all the time.

It also helps to have a goal, no matter how silly it is, no matter how long or short term it is, have a goal in mind that you know you can't reach unless you put the work in.

• @Sasha-M I need motivation too :(

• @Sasha-M

I have been hitting the gym 6 times a week for about 3 years now and I have to admit It has become an habit, almost like an addiction. I feel kinda meh and often stressed out when the plans I have for the day makes me unable to hit the gym. I've had days that I was out all day, either due to work or other reasons and I still decided to hit the gym at the very last closing hours.

That feeling of "being too tired" or "the weather sucking" or "I don't feel so good" is nothing but an excuse, so try to beat that and actually go for it, you'll feel so much better after! :)

• I go to the gym 2-3 times per week, sometimes I can't find motivation too and it's ok I guess. But to be honest, I can't imagine my life without sports. Sports make me feel more active and energetic. By the way, if you are feeling depressed, check your vitamin levels (maybe you have deficiencies). In addition, I buy all the vitamins in Canadian Pharmacy Online.

• @Sasha-M “There is no secret sauce to it. Realize what you have to do and fucking do it.” C.Mcgregor. Not gym, but for any task. Not his supporter, just applicable quote.

• I have struggled with this before. Honestly you just havw to find some enjoyment out of it. Give yourself a goal and work torwards it. Find a program that works for you and doesn't make you feel like death everytime. Being sore for more then 48 hours is actually detrimental to your muscle development. It's good to go hard, but if you go to hard you'll end up hurting your progress and it's just not fun anymore. I go 5 times a week for an hour at most and focus on certain muscle groups. I have actually made alot of progress over the years. I hope this helps you like it did with me:)

• @Sasha-M find a gym partner who enjoys the gym more than u do so he/she can encourage u to go. thats what i did :thumbs_up_light_skin_tone: :joy:

• @YourFriendYaweh me too, because covid has made the gyms here so restrictive I have bought weights and am working out at home. And I've taken up interval sprinting in the park.

I was previously a gym guy but I don't think it's necessary for me now. Plus, packing a gym bag, driving there, getting changed and finding the equipment that I want to use.Its just a barrier. I can get stuff done without wasting half an hour of my day.