• As an Atheist in a rather religious state, one question that has been asked of me a lot is "So where do you think you go when you die?"

The short version is "In a coffin". But let's actually answer the question for once:

Look at a wheel. This is your brain.

Spin the wheel. This is your mind as it thinks, feels, loves, hates, craves, desires, contemplates, creates, sings, fights- it's everything that makes you You.

Now reach out and stop this wheel. Make the wheel hold still.

Where did the Spin go? Where did the love, hate, creativity, lust, passion, anxieties, dreams, hopes, and fears go for that brain? The things that made you You.

Now you may understand how an Atheist sees death.

In short- Life is a verb. So live a little.

• After death is the same as before life

• alt text

• I refuse to live a little. I will keep my mind-wheel in pristine, unused condition, and when I die, I will donate it to the Last of Summer Wine lads so that they can use it for a fantastical go-kart to roll down a beautiful hill and then upset the two rozzers who're having a barbecue at the bottom.

• it's easier to disregard hope, and let the worlds iniquities drown out any faith of anything more, but let me assure you that human beings are meant to be so much more than monkeys living on every fleshly impulse. We have a responsibility, and it's evident when we look at how we devastate the balance of nature. Despite how horrible we may die, or how plain, and damp things seem it is better to drive faith home, and give mankind a nudge towards a force greater than we could ever hope to be, a force we are crafted after and thats why he allows us to screw up so much. If he were to judge us now so many people would not have the chance to truly feel what its like to sorry