• What is the literary scenario today.? Are writers seen as makers of opinions. Does reading culture have vanished from the world?

• said in Books have died:

What is the literary scenario today.? Are writers seen as makers of opinions. Does reading culture have vanished from the world?

I think these days your right, books are dying out due to the demand for digital books. The thing is books are like vinyl, there will always be people that prefer to touch these items, have some substance to there purchase.
    In regards of the opinions, not sure about that ...tabloid writers yes for sure... it's partial fact with lots of opinion. Actual books, reading or intellectual... yea, as I say ... not sure

• People hardly read anymore, probably because it's not encouraged as much in school as it used to be and it's easier to watch movies, although I wouldn't be surprised if it was also because most books suck nowadays :joy: Personally I love reading and there are still people out there who appreciate good books. I don't think the culture's disappeared yet but it might not be long until it does.

• @autumnfyre as well as the schools not encouraging reading as much many parents don't seem to enjoy reading to their little one's. Which is a shame as it's really nice to do and it helps to get the child interested in reading from a young age.

• true.. books have died. But I 'm still stuck in the middle of two books. Can't get through with it.. lol