Marriage feels over, but I feel stuck and lost

• I've been with my wife for 19 years, married for 15 of those... on the whole I felt like we had an amazing relationship. She was my lover, but also my best friend, my soul mate, loving parent to our 4 cheeky children. We were on the same page on everything, and I felt like we could talk to each other about anything and everything.

Mid-COVID one of those conversations was about sexuality, and spicing things up. She wanted to try with other men involved, and she was curious what it would be like with other women involved - but quite strictly for her benefit, not mine. I like to think I'm quite open minded, so we joined a community and tried a few scenarios - not very successful... not like we went wow, this is for us, or anything like that.

From that, one guy that we met she started calling and messaging in private, kept everything to herself. She was falling for him to the point where she was ready to leave me for him... until... she realised he was gaslighting her, and it turned out he had a partner. It turned out things weren't as she thought they were. She broke things off, and at this told me all about it... I'd been completely unaware up to that point.

This was hard for me, but I loved her - I still do, and wanted to work through this. She didn't know what she wanted from here, but were to work things through and try to make it work.

From this point, the sex started to go downhill, we went from active most nights, to very inactive to now being sexless for the last few months. She's got a few health issues, both physically and mentally, so I'd put the drop down to these. Rightly or wrongly though I got suspicious, and found messages in her Facebook account to a guy, and the messages come across that she's throwing herself at him. I can't see replies from him, but from her messages, something happened between them, I just don't know what. A week ago she asked me at the dinner table with our kids if she could go to Paris by herself tomorrow... my response at the time was "We can't afford it" but I was later to find out in these messages that she'd asked this guy to go to Paris with her.

I like to think that I'm a helpful and supportive husband, I work my ass off, do as much as if not more of the childcare, and try to help with housework. She works less hours than I do, and is regularly out getting her hair or her nails done, or shopping.

I feel like I can't continue with this anymore... I wanted to try, but how many times can this happen and can I be put through this? I'm so low, I've lost all energy to fight for my wife, and my life. I'm lost and stuck. I don't have any friends to talk to - my friends went years ago when friends became our friends, my parents passed away before I reached 30, and I'm scared (as I hear so many times) that separating/divorce is going to leave her with the house, the kids everything. I'm left feeling like I have nothing worth living for and that I'm only here right now so that my kids aren't upset with the fact of losing me.

The common advice is to talk to her about it, but she doesn't want to talk about any of it, and just gets angry with me. I don't know where to turn, or what to do.

I'm here, just looking for someone to talk to, hopefully people that have been in the same situation, and how it worked out... lessons learnt... outcomes... positive and negative.

• Feeling sorry for you man......she isn't worth it

• Im sorry that you have to experience such, she has likely lost interest which sucks these days as more and more women become materialistic and give up gems like yourself for dumb rocks , it seems like both minds are made up just a hard reality of coming out on terms before she goes a step further.

• Recent Topics
    Popular Topics
    Categories
    Games
    Public Chat
    Random Chat
    Live Chat
    Social Drawing Board
    Online Users
    Create New Topic
    FAQ

C
    Confused 0
    Away
    Do not disturb
    Invisible
    Edit Profile
    Settings

Marriage feels over, but I feel stuck and lost
    Relationships

TTrex1983 6 days ago
    I've been with my wife for 19 years, married for 15 of those... on the whole I felt like we had an amazing relationship. She was my lover, but also my best friend, my soul mate, loving parent to our 4 cheeky children. We were on the same page on everything, and I felt like we could talk to each other about anything and everything.

Mid-COVID one of those conversations was about sexuality, and spicing things up. She wanted to try with other men involved, and she was curious what it would be like with other women involved - but quite strictly for her benefit, not mine. I like to think I'm quite open minded, so we joined a community and tried a few scenarios - not very successful... not like we went wow, this is for us, or anything like that.

From that, one guy that we met she started calling and messaging in private, kept everything to herself. She was falling for him to the point where she was ready to leave me for him... until... she realised he was gaslighting her, and it turned out he had a partner. It turned out things weren't as she thought they were. She broke things off, and at this told me all about it... I'd been completely unaware up to that point.

This was hard for me, but I loved her - I still do, and wanted to work through this. She didn't know what she wanted from here, but were to work things through and try to make it work.

From this point, the sex started to go downhill, we went from active most nights, to very inactive to now being sexless for the last few months. She's got a few health issues, both physically and mentally, so I'd put the drop down to these. Rightly or wrongly though I got suspicious, and found messages in her Facebook account to a guy, and the messages come across that she's throwing herself at him. I can't see replies from him, but from her messages, something happened between them, I just don't know what. A week ago she asked me at the dinner table with our kids if she could go to Paris by herself tomorrow... my response at the time was "We can't afford it" but I was later to find out in these messages that she'd asked this guy to go to Paris with her.

I like to think that I'm a helpful and supportive husband, I work my ass off, do as much as if not more of the childcare, and try to help with housework. She works less hours than I do, and is regularly out getting her hair or her nails done, or shopping.

I feel like I can't continue with this anymore... I wanted to try, but how many times can this happen and can I be put through this? I'm so low, I've lost all energy to fight for my wife, and my life. I'm lost and stuck. I don't have any friends to talk to - my friends went years ago when friends became our friends, my parents passed away before I reached 30, and I'm scared (as I hear so many times) that separating/divorce is going to leave her with the house, the kids everything. I'm left feeling like I have nothing worth living for and that I'm only here right now so that my kids aren't upset with the fact of losing me.

The common advice is to talk to her about it, but she doesn't want to talk about any of it, and just gets angry with me. I don't know where to turn, or what to do.

I'm here, just looking for someone to talk to, hopefully people that have been in the same situation, and how it worked out... lessons learnt... outcomes... positive and negative.

Aryan MhatreAryan Mhatre 6 days ago
    Feeling sorry for you man......she isn't worth it

Peek_A_BooPeek_A_Boo 6 days ago
    Im sorry that you have to experience such, she has likely lost interest which sucks these days as more and more women become materialistic and give up gems like yourself for dumb rocks , it seems like both minds are made up just a hard reality of coming out on terms before she goes a step further.

At the bottom of comments there is a upvote/downvote section (up arrow/down arrow), upvote others where you can to help their reputation grow and as a thanks for them taking the time to comment on your post and they will also most likely return the favour too.

C
    Enter your post content here, drag and drop images

3 out of 3
    Trending Recently
    F15 Lin
    f 15 uk You're goddess is waiting for you~

about 6 hours ago
    L
    Looking for 'M35 fit and hung'

about 13 hours ago
    AshK
    Not my poem...........

about 15 hours ago
    N
    Riya , I lost u last night, it's ur birthday

about 21 hours ago
    Yungpanchito
    Just lost a girl we was having fun

about 15 hours ago
    tom deforge
    Looking for Amy from CA

about 2 hours ago
    AllAboutGay
    My poem..........For someone special

about 6 hours ago
    AshK
    Not my poem..........

about 6 hours ago
    G
    looking for this one

about 8 hours ago
    A
    Varsha enduk ellipoinav varsha

about 11 hours ago
    A
    Looking For Ariana From Malaysia

about 11 hours ago
    Nitish Dige
    New suggestions?

about 11 hours ago
    R
    Clara 21 from Swansea

about 17 hours ago
    Appu * 1
    Remayaaa ith appuan from kollam nammal ingane piriyandavar allallo chechi santhoshikandavar allleee

about 21 hours ago
    I
    LF female cuck from Florida

about 23 hours ago

Trending Weekly
    V24_
    Happy Birthday to my dearest friend and my favourite mod 🎆 @Janet

3 days ago
    A
    Hey I'm Arjun reddy looking for Rajasthani girl

a day ago
    AshK
    NSFW topic !!!!!!!!! 😳

2 days ago
    H
    I spoke to and indian guy on the chat yesterday, where are you?

4 days ago
    iceya
    "This is a man." PLEASE TEXT ME BACK

5 days ago
    A
    Kindly Get In Touch Wit Me As Soon As Possible

about 21 hours ago
    M
    I need Friend to talk daily 😊

3 days ago
    I
    Diana pls, your fruit salad needs you