• Like, what is a thing you really want to stop but cannot keep yourself from doing it? How does it feel to be so out of control over yourself? Have you overcome something like this already? How?

• @pe7erpark3r I can't go into detail and answer the rest right now as I'm just out the shower and need to head down for dinner, but mine is giving extra chances to people who don't deserve them from me. Being empathetic pushes me to reach out, "be understanding", and move forward with such people still around even when I'm fully aware they are bad for me. I often want to check up on people who have wronged me (depending on the circumstances and particular of the wronging of course) months (or longer) down the line just to make sure they are okay, no agenda. Although I'm getting better at cutting out folk who are unhealthy for me.

• @Matt_Aranha said in What is the greatest temptation in your life?:

@pe7erpark3r I can't go into detail and answer the rest right now as I'm just out the shower and need to head down for dinner, but mine is giving extra chances to people who don't deserve them from me. Being empathetic pushes me to reach out, "be understanding", and move forward with such people still around even when I'm fully aware they are bad for me. I often want to check up on people who have wronged me (depending on the circumstances and particular of the wronging of course) months (or longer) down the line just to make sure they are okay, no agenda. Although in getting better at cutting out folk who are unhealthy for me.

That's an interesting one, but a good one. Be good for those who are bad for you, good moral principle. But of course that does not mean, that you should support their being-bad-for-you. Of course you should actually be good for them, which might mean to do quite the opposite of what they would want, including breaking contact, depending on the circumstances.

• @pe7erpark3r
    i wish i had the guts to say "no" more often. i just can't stop myself from agreeing to do things i don't actually feel like doing just because i want to seem like a polite & helpful person. i wish i wasn't so wimpy all the time, but it's a really hard habit to break.

• Some things are harder to control than others

• @Matt_Aranha i have this exact situation with one of my sisters. She is bad news, can't really think of anything good about her, she is a liar, a scrounger, a thief, a shit stirrer, a drama queen, self obsessed, deluded, nasty, resentful of other people's happiness, jealous, manipulative, devious, blames the family for the shit situations she gets herself into even though we are actually the ones who dig her out of the
    holes she gets.herslf into, with our time, our money, our emotional and practical support etc
    , and yet i still find myself caring about her and checking in on her, fucking nightmare lol

• @sarah_the_magpie do it Sarah, it's so empowering, i made that decision quite young and it's served me well. Get yourself into this mindset - (my mantra) - "I'd rather have someone else thinking I'm an asshole than ME thinking I'm an asshole", it's a much more bearable situation mentally

• My greatest temptation is giving in to my dog

• @Selena-G what does your dog want? 🤔😯😬😂

• @Scottish he walked in on me when i was changing so idk...ask him 🤷‍♀️😂

• @pe7erpark3r spidey i have a whole list lol. Off the top of.my head - smoking, drinking, brooding about past things i cannot change, obsessing about death, being distant from people i should be close to, being far too soft with people i know i should be hard with, working too hard, speaking before i think, falling in love with the wrong people, considering suicide (don't freak, I'd never do it, it's just a strange compulsion i can never shake off)
    ,i could go on but that's enough for starters lol. Bit i HAVE quit drugs, don't even miss them and i tell my mum i love her everytime we speak and im generally very happy so, you know, not too much to complain about

• @Selena-G it's best i keep my smart comments to myself on this one 😁

• @Scottish lmaooo good choice😂

• @sarah_the_magpie said in What is the greatest temptation in your life?:

@pe7erpark3r
    i wish i had the guts to say "no" more often. i just can't stop myself from agreeing to do things i don't actually feel like doing just because i want to seem like a polite & helpful person. i wish i wasn't so wimpy all the time, but it's a really hard habit to break.

I feel you. I think I can and do say "no" more easily, but I tend to feel guilty about it often...

• @Scottish said in What is the greatest temptation in your life?:

@Matt_Aranha i have this exact situation with one of my sisters. She is bad news, can't really think of anything good about her, she is a liar, a scrounger, a thief, a shit stirrer, a drama queen, self obsessed, deluded, nasty, resentful of other people's happiness, jealous, manipulative, devious, blames the family for the shit situations she gets herself into even though we are actually the ones who dig her out of the
    holes she gets.herslf into, with our time, our money, our emotional and practical support etc
    , and yet i still find myself caring about her and checking in on her, fucking nightmare lol

well some people actually are your responsibility. she's family. no helping it. except of course if not helping her would actually be the better kind of help...

• @Scottish said in What is the greatest temptation in your life?:

@pe7erpark3r spidey i have a whole list lol. Off the top of.my head - smoking, drinking, brooding about past things i cannot change, obsessing about death, being distant from people i should be close to, being far too soft with people i know i should be hard with, working too hard, speaking before i think, falling in love with the wrong people, considering suicide (don't freak, I'd never do it, it's just a strange compulsion i can never shake off)
    ,i could go on but that's enough for starters lol. Bit i HAVE quit drugs, don't even miss them and i tell my mum i love her everytime we speak and im generally very happy so, you know, not too much to complain about

that is quite the list! however it's good to hear that the core of your life sounds intact, you know?

• @pe7erpark3r

@pe7erpark3r said in [What is the greatest temptation in your life? Like your display picture, I would like to pose myself like that display picture for real not in reel !!'

Like, what is a thing you really want to stop but cannot keep yourself from doing it? how sweet ?? I am a one pethatic lier, so lost in my mind to Belive in my own lies, that I am not capable of doing it, when I am capable of innit ?? Really I think I should spit up on my own face I guess ??
    How does it feel to be so out of control over yourself?
    breathe observe let go !!
    Have you overcome something like this already?I can't label the feeling its all sensation but yeah I guess ?? How? I told you breathe, observe, let go ..
    D

• ♡ soul searchers ♡ Music Lovers

The only temptation I have in my life is I'm being tempted by temptation, wasn't for being tempted ild be fine

• Too much attached too temptation , plus a pethatic lie to give reasons to do it ,another words too weak to stick to own words and giving reason's to surroundings and beliveing on you own lie .. just manipulation insid your head...

• @knownsense said in What is the greatest temptation in your life?:

Too much attached too temptation , plus a pethatic lie to give reasons to do it ,another words too weak to stick to own words and giving reason's to surroundings and beliveing on you own lie .. just manipulation insid your head...

well don't fear and stop with the lies to yourself and to others. lying has never really made anything better in the longterm for anybody – and certainly not for everybody.