Is it disrespectful to like other girls sexy/halfnaked photos on instagram when in a relationship?

• I think what you need to do is put up a big poster of a shirtless idris elba (or some attractive male hunk you're into) in your bedroom and see what his reaction is.

• @Scottish so have i! and i've explained that to him as well, in past relationships i've literally allowed myself to be treated like an absolute idiot because i cared so much and basically just got taken advantage of. It's so bloody difficult honestly.

Also he's actually going away for 5 months so it's making me feel worse about the whole situation. Not that he'll cheat or anything, but it's only going to make me feel more insecure and less close to him. I'm struggling with it all

• @Evil_Dead this actually put a smile on my face, thank you for that haha. perhaps i should!

• Fuck! That's a complication, a relationship neexs to be rock solid to withstand a 5 month absence. I sincerely hope it goes how you'd like it too. If you wanna talk about it pm me, some of my experiences im unwilling to air publicly and only able to open up about in confidence, still stinging i guess...

• I’m only 15 and a female that’s not right for you or your man to do that

• I totally get you but we aren't all the same... My ex would have alot of male friends and she would go out with them pretty often (we had a LDR) even tho I hated it, on the other hand, I could go out with my female friends and such and she would be totally fine with it. It's just about how ppl are, now the difference is if it really bothered me, she would have stopped it

• @Scottish i know, i feel like it's definitely going to make or break us. Thank you that's really kind of you

• @Lurker yeah i completely get you, i think the main issue with all of it is obviously my insecurity but it's that he's showing these other girls more attention than me? i am/would be more than happy for him to go and hang out with female friends etc. as long as i knew that he was all for me, if that makes sense. But he doesn't give me safety in that which is why it's becoming such a big issue

• You'll get there, it may be a long and painful road (It's one I'm walking down myself right now) but there is light at the end of the tunnel. We've both trodden this path before and know it to be true even if the here and now is a massive kick in the nuts.

• Yea my boyfriend just broke up with me so anybody single?
    Things about me: I’m 15 female, like gymnastics and volleyball, I am very flexible, like to workout
    Reminder: boys 15 to 19 only
    Thanks, Cierra

• Gl with this tho, let us know how it went if u feel like it!

• @Lurker i will do, i'm seeing him for the last time this weekend before he leaves so will try and have a conversation about it some day this weekend

• Good luck and i hope it's not too painful for you. Let me know how it goes

• sorry me again lol, it's getting worse because every girl is posting their halloween pictures ahah.

Just another point that is bothering me is that if i was to post a picture similar to any of these girls, my boyfriend would probably be fuming. So i really don't understand the double standard?

• Oh honey it's really eating you up isn't it? That's exactly it, double standards. That's all the explanation there is. He should show you more respect, i don't know why he wouldn't do that other than you are letting him away with it. There's no easy solution for you is there? All you can do is get it off your chest x

• Guest said in Is it disrespectful to like other girls sexy/halfnaked photos on instagram when in a relationship?:

sorry me again lol, it's getting worse because every girl is posting their halloween pictures ahah.

Just another point that is bothering me is that if i was to post a picture similar to any of these girls, my boyfriend would probably be fuming. So i really don't understand the double standard?

Maybe you should do it, so that he has a taste of his own venom.
    As I said earlier, everyone acts and feels in a different way but if he isn't ok if you do the same he does, then he's just being an hipocrite :/

• @Scottish @Lurker it's honestly affecting me so much, plus (although i haven't noticed anything yet) i've just started new medication that's most likely gonna make me put on a bunch of weight too so it's all just adding up. I'm gonna try and talk to him about it.

I am really tempted to, just to show him how much of a double standard it is but i just think it's unfair how i'd have to go to that length you know?

• Yep, be true to yourself and respect yourself, you'd only feel you had demeaned and devalued yourself if you go tit for tat. Talking is the way forward. Just be prepared for frustration. Do you have a name?

• It is indeed unfair, especially for urself. I speak for myself, I'd feel guilty if I exposed myself like that if i were in a relationship :shrug:

• @Scottish it's so frustrating because i know a lot of it is just a personal thing, which i need to work on and am trying to work on. But it's also to do with him as well. It just breaks my heart because of the whole "if you can't love yourself, how can you love someone else" and it always makes me feel like i shouldn't be in a relationship but i just want to be happy you know?