Do you think ISLAM is a religion of terrorism ?

• @i-am-male said in Do you think ISLAM is a religion of terrorism ?:

@thestrangest And white christian anglo-saxons?

alt text

Source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/476456/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-shooter-s-race/

1st i said MOST terrorists are muslim
    2nd the statistics don't say the white shooters are christian so don't add your own shit.
    3rd Just because you shoot up a place doesn't make you a terrorist and just because you shoot up a place whilst being religious doesn't make you a terrorist.

Defenition of "terrorist":

"a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

For example the IRA are white christian terrorists but there are just a handful of them.

• Watch Anime Eyes

@girlnextdoor said in Do you think ISLAM is a religion of terrorism ?:

@thestrangest I don't agree with that. Terrorists use Muslims name to degrade Muslims

Bullshit. They are muslims. This is a "no true scotsman" fallacy

• I recently studied Political Ideologies and there are not enough characters to even try and reply to your comment. All I can say after reading some of the replies is how obvious the difference is between those people with sense, education and logic compered to those people who have no idea what they are talking about. And yes I have read the Qua-ran and can honestly say that Islam in not a religion of terrorism, and those that kill in the name of Islam just use it as an excuse to kill, just like the Christians in the crusades and anyone else who has done evil and said it was in the name of a religion. Study your history and you will see nearly every religion has been blamed for evil for 100"s of years and defiantly not just Muslims, take a good look at Christianity. Good luck and I hope you find your answer

• Watch Anime Eyes

@lagatha13 all religions cause evil and islam causes the most evil. You are lying if you say that you read the quran and still think that suicide bombings, beheadings, stonnings... when done by muslim men would've still happened if they were reading jainist teachings or any other religion with verses that don't clearly support killing gay people, beheading and cutting off the fingers of none believers, stonning adulterers... and a lot of other bad things in it's book in this case the quran and hadiths.

• @thestrangest Firstly I am not lying about what I have read, and do not appreciate the accusation if you are educated you will know every religious text is open to interpretation. I understand it's easy to believe that Islam is a religion of terrorism because the media, politician and all stakeholders in the war on terror tell the world this is the case. No I do not believe Islam is a religion of terror, I believe men kill in the name of Islam, using it as an excuse to perpetrate their evil acts and obtain power.

• @lagatha13 said in Do you think ISLAM is a religion of terrorism ?:

@thestrangest Firstly I am not lying about what I have read, and do not appreciate the accusation.

Then you clearly haven't read the whole thing

if you are educated you will know every religious text is open to interpretation.

HELL NO. If a book says something without clarifying what's supposed to e taken literally and what's supposed to be taken metaphorically then the natural response is to think that it's supposed to be taken literally.

I understand it's easy to believe that Islam is a religion of terrorism because the media

Oh you think that i'm saying this becauseof the media. Lol no. I think that to stop watching tv is the first step to free thought. I know that islam is a violent, homophobic, sexist religion because i'm an ex-muslim. Let's not use the terms "religion of terrorism" because that twists things up and makes it easy for you to use equivocation fallacies.

politician and all stakeholders in the war on terror tell the world this is the case.

ARE YOU MENTALLY CHALLENGED. How does what people say matter. The first thing you need to look at to understand islam is the quran and the hadiths, then the history of islsm and finally muslims.

The quran and hadiths undeniably support sexism, homophobia, violence...
    The history is full of blood shed and violence
    Muslims are not all violent but around 50-40% support the death penalty for apostates and a an astounding amount of Muslims who live in democratic countrieswould prefer shariah law over democracy and let's not forget the significant amount that read the quran, take it literally and become extremists.

No I do not believe Islam is a religion of terror

Sure but it is a violent, sexist, homophobic ... religion

I believe men kill in the name of Islam, using it as an excuse to perpetrate their evil acts and obtain power.

No. People kill because of islam

You know what. You don't seem to have read the quran. Let me write a couple verses

• Watch Anime Eyes

@ said in Do you think ISLAM is a religion of terrorism ?:

@Muslim @sarah @Some1InLalaland @bobbys-noona @gurlxoxo @gurlxoxo Please read this entire comment.

Please read this entire comment with a quran in your hand or while being on on https://quran.com.

(This is a different edited comment from the last 5 that are similar to it)

Not all Muslims believe in islam at the same level. That's why not all muslims are violent. When i was a muslim i used to believe some stupid shit but i wasn't able to kill people even though I'm pretty sure if i staid in syria long enough i could have become a crazy murderer because of Islam. The reason why I'm cursing so much is because i have lost hope that you will doubt you're beliefs, because you ( @Muslim ) don't believe in evolution even though it is a fact in science, so you basically don't believe in science. Even though you don't believe in science, you are saying that scientists have discovered that
    1.ants are made of glass
    2.that the moon was cut in 2
    Even though they clearly haven't because if they did i would be able to find 1 single scientific article about it even though i couldn't, these things you're saying are crazy.
    The quran says that the world was created in 6 days, which when compared to the fact of the big bang which shows how many billions of years it took for the world to be created. It Is kind of like saying that it takes 30 minutes and not 9 months for a baby to be born.
    If you don't believe in evolution or the big bang then you need to know 2 things:
    1.Science is true no matter if you believe in it or not

If you still don't realise you're wrong for not believing in science here is a website to help you understand that evolution and the big bang theories are true
    notjustatheory.com

Let me prove to you that islam is not a religion of peace:
    Part 1. Violent verses:

"Fight against those who do not obey Allah and do not believe in Allah or the Last Day and do not forbid what has been forbidden by Allah and His messenger even though they are of the People of the Book until they pay the Jizya With willing submissions and feel themselves subdued" surah 9 verse 29

“When the sacred months have passed, then kill the Mushrikin wherever you find them. Capture them. Besiege them. Lie in wait for them in each and every ambush but if they repent, and perform the prayers, and give zacat then leave their way free.” surah 9 verse 5

“They ask you about fighting during the sacred months. Tell them, fighting therein is a great sin but a greater sin is to prevent mankind from following the way of Allah, to disbelieve in him.” surah 2 verse 217

“Kill them wherever you find them and drive them out from where they drove you out. Persecution is worse than slaughter.” Surah 2 verse 191

“When you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks.” Surah 47 verse 4 (smite means cut, so this means that when you will meet the unbelievers, cut their necks)

“When your Lord revealed to the angels, ‘Truly I am with you. So, keep firm those who have believed. I will strike terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved. So, strike them at the necks and cut off their fingers.’” Surah 8 verse 12

“Oh you who believe, fight those of the disbelievers who are close to you and let them find harshness in you.” surah 9 verse 123

“Muhammad is the apostle of Allah. Those who follow Him are merciful to one another but harsh to the disbeliever.” Surah 48 verse 29

“They wish that you would reject faith as they have rejected faith unless that you would all be equal. So, don’t take protectors from them unless they emigrate in the way of Allah but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them.”Surah 4 verse 89

Part 2. Verses against equality

Sexist verses:

“Men are the protectors and maintainers of women because Allah has made one superior to the other and because they spend to support them from their means. Therefore, righteous women are obedient and they guard in the husband’s absence what Allah orders them to guard. And, as to those women from whom you fear disobedience, give them a warning, send them to separate beds, and beat them.” Surah 4 verse 34

"Women are mens "fields," and men can have sex with them whenever they want" Surah 2 verse 223

"A woman is worth one-half of a man, and men are above women" Surah 4 verse 11, Surah 2 verse 282 ans Surah 2 verse 228

"Muslim men may marry up to 4 wives, including prepubecent girls, and can own sex slaves" Surah 4 verse 3, Surah 65 verse 4

"Women must cover themselves and be seen only by relatives, eunuchs, slaves and children who have not yet had sex with women" Surah 24 verse 31

Homophobic verses:

"And (We sent) Lot when he said to his people: What! do you commit an indecency which any one in the world has not done before you? Most surely you come to males in lust besides females; nay you are an extravagant people. And the answer of his people was no other than that they said: Turn them out of your town, surely they are a people who seek to purify (themselves). So We delivered him and his followers, except his wife; she was of those who remained behind. And We rained upon them a rain; consider then what was the end of the guilty." Surah 7 verses 80-84

"And as for those who are guilty of an indecency from among your women, call to witnesses against them four (witnesses) from among you; then if they bear witness confine them to the houses until death takes them away or Allah opens some way for them. And as for the two who are guilty of indecency from among you, give them both a punishment; then if they repent and amend, turn aside from them; surely Allah is oft-returning (to mercy), the Merciful."surah 4 verse 15-16

Now do you understand why I'm angry?
    Because muslims say that the quran and islam are perfect but look at this.

And the punishment for leaving islam is death:

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/apostasy.aspx

research has shown (you can google this) that 88% of Muslims in Egypt and 62% of Muslims in Pakistan favor the death penalty for people who leave the Muslim religion.

So basically a lot of Muslims want me dead.

So don't tell me don't attack islam when a lot of Muslims want to kill me.

If you don't agree with me then please just explain calmly and in a way i can understand

P.S. I'm 100% sure that all of the verses i mentioned are not taken out of context or not translated correctly. But even if you think that 1 or 2 are taken out of context or not translated correctly, it doesn't matter because the rest of the verses are not

And if anybody changed their minds after reading this,tell me because i would like to know. ( :

That's something i wrote from my previous account. Enjoy

• @thestrangest

3rd Just because you shoot up a place doesn't make you a terrorist and just because you shoot up a place whilst being religious doesn't make you a terrorist.

"a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."
    For example the IRA are white christian terrorists but there are just a handful of them.

Just because white supremacists aren't labelled as a "political group" doesn't make their aims any less political.

2nd the statistics don't say the white shooters are christian so don't add your own shit.

Still easy to find evidence for, usually the smarter ones aren't part of the conservative-views package:
    alt text

Doesn't change the fact that shootings carried by non-muslims are an issue of equal importance, yet the media disproportionately represents one group over another thanks to social hegemony.

• Watch Anime Eyes

@i-am-male said in Do you think ISLAM is a religion of terrorism ?:

@thestrangest

Just because white supremacists aren't labelled as a "political group" doesn't make their aims any less political.

Still easy to find evidence for, usually the smarter ones aren't part of the conservative-views package:
    alt text

Doesn't change the fact that shootings carried by non-muslims are an issue of equal importance, yet the media disproportionately represents one group over another thanks to social hegemony.

Haha. Thats from 1999 to 2017, 8 years. I am guessing his statistic is only about the US.

This shit that took 8 years to appen in the US probably happens in 1.5 years or less in muslim communities.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30

Those are logs of the last 30 days. Of course a big majority of attacks take more than 30 days to be reported so that'd be only 60% of what happened this month as a personal estimate but it's probably less. But even if you think that's 100%. Multiply that by 18 as for this year and 6 more months and you'd already have all those attacks on the 8 year statistic you showed me combined. Looooooook here. I am not saying that the media doesn't misrepresent Muslims, of course it does and that's bad. I'm not saying that the shootings you were talking about are not important because they are and they should get more media coverage. I am simply saying that if you tell me that all religions teach the same massage and that the religion of somebody does not determine if they are more or less likely to be violent/sexist/homophobic/whatever then you are bullshitting me. Islam is the worst religion by far and this meme going around that islam is a religion of peace or that the violent actions of men in the name of islam could've happened if they were from any other religion is just plainly wrong since islamic hadiths and the quran clearly support these types of actions. Islam is clearly more violent than Jainism or Buddhism for example, scriptually and historically and there is no denying that, but people loooove to fucking deny this shit because of their fairy tale fucking hope for a world where every one can live together peacefully without religion getting through the way. Well guess what? That's not gonna happen in a world where we cannot recognise and admit how violent and full of bad ideas religious teaching and in this case islamic teachings truly are. Because religious moderation has always been because of secular progress and scriptural ignorance(ignoring scripture).

• @thestrangest I'm not denying that there could be some merit to that, what I'm against is the fact that given the damage is already done, there's probably a better approach than simply blaming it all on a belief system. The inherent problems are typically not actually rooted in religion itself, religion is just a means to justify taking action on behalf of the problems. Hence why conservatives in the U.S. defend religion as a package deal even though it hinders scientific and technological advancement, it's a political strategy to maintain power via common identity; the world is slowly starting to move away from strict adherence to religious texts and beliefs, making it difficult to even compare "religion" since one's beliefs are largely biased from an individual's point of view.

On that note, it's challenging to compare the world to the U.S. and then claim Islam is the root of all problems, as this ignores geopolitical climate. It's like saying global warming isn't happening because it snowed the other day. If you look at it historically, Christianity has led to a lot of deaths as well, it's just currently given the socioeconomic conditions of the Middle East and the shitshow that led up to it has made the region more prone to violence, and Islam, being their primary faith, is a useful tool for spurring on conflict (by shitshow I mean: modernizing faith/Arab springs, big oil and invasion of Iraq, Kuwait, list goes on starting from WWII).

Also, the media polarizing the issue to set the political agenda does not really help. It's great for the ratings though I bet.

I would first resolve the tense geopolitical climate in the Middle East and other Islamic countries, and then if people are still batshit crazy about blowing themselves up, blame religion.

• @muslim i think islam's itself is a fascist religion, it see the people who being non-muslim as a people who should be destroyed. there are exact verses in quran you can check and that make it terrorism-like religion like every fascist regime. muslims are not terrorist because %99 of them doesn't even aware of what their religion is.

• It's a cult that encourages the rape, abuse and murder or animals, women and children. It encourages the discrimination of just about every group that isn't islam itself. There you go, question answered.

• Watch Anime Eyes

@i-am-male said in Do you think ISLAM is a religion of terrorism ?:

@thestrangest I'm not denying that there could be some merit to that

That meens that you disagree with most of what i said. "I do not deny that some of what you said might be true"="I disagree with most of what you said" but you are pretty good at human communication because it seems you know how to say stuff without getting the other person angry or relying on his emotions rather than his reason to argue. 👏👏👏

what I'm against is the fact that given the damage is already done, there's probably a better approach than simply blaming it all on a belief system.

It clearly is not just because of belief systems. I never said that it was

The inherent problems are typically not actually rooted in religion itself

Ugh. Religion is a big part of the problem

religion is just a means to justify taking action on behalf of the problems.

In most cases it orders the actions in its scriptures. That's different

I'll just repeat this until you get it. Religion moderation is a result of secular progress and scriptural ignorance. "Scriptural ignorance" is an important partvof that sentence

Hence why conservatives in the U.S. defend religion as a package deal even though it hinders scientific and technological advancement

True enough

it's a political strategy to maintain power via common identity; the world is slowly starting to move away from strict adherence to religious texts and beliefs, making it difficult to even compare "religion" since one's beliefs are largely biased from an individual's point of view.

I wonder where this is heading

On that note, it's challenging to compare the world to the U.S. and then claim Islam is the root of all problems

it is the biggest reason of the issues. I do not understand how you have come to the conclusion that it isn't. Of course it is not the only reason but aslong as there are a big number of muslims which ARE not scripturally ignorent of their religion then they are going to be causing BIG problems.

as this ignores geopolitical climate.

No matter the geopolitical climate that doesn't change what I'm saying. Even in the most secular, democratic countries research shows that a lot of muslims still would prefer to live under shariah law which supporys the death penalty for homosexuality, apostas, cheating along with other bad things.

https://www.google.fr/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/uk/738852/British-Muslims-Sharia-Law-enforced-UK-Islam-poll/amp

"The report found that 26 per cent of Muslims did not believe in extremism and 48 per cent would not turn to the police if someone close to them became involved with people linked to Syrian terrorism."

"Forty-three per cent of followers of the religion living in the country believed that parts of the Islamic legal system should replace British law while only 22 per cent opposed the idea.."

https://www.google.fr/amp/www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/08/09/muslims-and-islam-key-findings-in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world/%3Famp=1

"World Muslims who want Sharia

Basically the straight forward answer is 69.7% (call it 70%) of the world’s Muslims want Sharia Law. That is a shocking 70% of about 1.8 billion people, which is 1.26 billion Muslims, 16.8% of the world’s population of 7.5 billion."

It's like saying global warming isn't happening because it snowed the other day."

I see 0 correlation. You really suck at explaining things. Until now i have not understood your train of thought on anything you are saying.

If you look at it historically, Christianity has led to a lot of deaths as well

Hum. Bullshit. Where are the sources of what you're saying here

it's just currently given the socioeconomic conditions of the Middle East and the shitshow that led up to it has made the region more prone to violence

Dude i agree but the geographical climate doesn't matter in the argument I'm making which is "All religions are bad and full of bad ideas but Islam is the most violent(and the motherload of bad ideas)"

and Islam, being their primary faith, is a useful tool for spurring on conflict (by shitshow I mean: modernizing faith/Arab springs, big oil and invasion of Iraq, Kuwait, list goes on starting from WWII).

Sure dude but that doesn't change the fact that if the primary faith was jainism or if there was no primary faith then the level of violence would definitely be a lot lower because guess what? Islamic teachings are naturally violent. Why is this so hard to get

Also, the media polarizing the issue to set the political agenda does not really help. It's great for the ratings though I bet.

Lol ok

I would first resolve the tense geopolitical climate in the Middle East and other Islamic countries, and then if people are still batshit crazy about blowing themselves up, blame religion.

Dude. Of course stuff will get better if you solve the geographical climate but you'll still have problems with islan as demonstrated by the polls i showed from the UK unless you really, really in force religious moderation by secular progress, values and scriptural ignorance.
    In islam the scriptures and history are clearly violent but there is hope in moderating muslims. It is not that complicated

• @thestrangest are you sick ? i feel sad for you buddy..may you rest in peace..

• @r_dx I'm not dead but I'm sure that eternal nothingness after death is peaceful. I'm not sick either and i don't need your pity. 😐

• @thestrangest what are you blabbering about you fool ? im talking about sleep, not eternal sleep - dont overthink things --'

• Watch Anime Eyes

@r_dx said in Do you think ISLAM is a religion of terrorism ?:

@thestrangest what are you blabbering about you fool ?

SUCK MY DICK. If you are gonna call me names then i'll do the same. Fuck you

im talking about sleep, not eternal sleep - dont overthink things --'

What do you even mean. Do you not understand that "RIP" is usually said about a dead person.

• Ofcourse Islam is not a religion of terrorism, no religion is. Islam only preaches people to be a good person and to worship their Lord, Allah(SBW). It doesn't teach anyone to go terror people and go on a killing spree. It's the people who do the wrong things for the 'sake' of Islam, but that's just to cover their deeds and what they are doing. So they can HIDE themselves.

• @thestrangest i would if you had one haha get the feel now ? annoying right ? i hope you are as intelligent as you claim to be and understand what im saying, asshole :)

• Watch Anime Eyes

@r_dx said in Do you think ISLAM is a religion of terrorism ?:

@thestrangest i would if you had one haha get the feel now?

And then you would be killed if you are in a muslim country because the punishment for homosexuality in islam is death

annoying right ?

Yeah ofcourse it is annoying that you are annoyed and are calling me names for being against islam which is a horrible religion, all religions are horrible but Islam is the worst one.

i hope you are as intelligent as you claim to be and understand what im saying, asshole :)

No man, what was i supposed to understand. Was there a hidden message. I do not think i understand and that's not because i am not intelligent, you just suck at explaining things.