• @petrapark3r said in Olivia's Thoughts #06:

@petrapark3r said in Olivia's Thoughts #06:

@SynapticMisfire said in Olivia's Thoughts #06:

So, how about you start being satisfied with 1 or 2 upvotes and 1 or 2 responses in 24 hours? Also, sometimes people don't upvote things, not because they don't care, but because they don't agree...

Personally I don't always upvote because I simply forget, that and the point system is not something I care about.

You get an upvote for honesty then :joy:

Thanks for the upvote :joy:

Yeah, I feel like at this point we're just stroking each other with upvotes.

• Of course I don't believe that a man can really fulfill you, because... well because I've experienced a bit of God's love for me.

in russian accent Hey baby, are you sure about that ?

• @petrapark3r I don't care about upvotes or replies and I don't think it has to do with attention, but I guess anything is possible.
    I just think I am right, for the same reason I just said. Unless its my post or my questions, I don't look at every comment in other topics, why? unless its a juicy question I am interested in, then I don't care. Its a normal thing to not care about other peoples responses to a question you don't care much for either. So if I know I don't care, I know others don't either.
    I don't think its so much that I want attention or upvotes or replies. I think I just like being listened to, no one has to respond or react, just listen and learn. But if I don't do it for every one I don't expect everyone to do it for me. If anything, its just me being selfish and acting as though the things I have to say are more important than others, which I know isn't true. Nothing I say is better in anyway, and some of the things I say don't make sense or are misunderstood, with that in combination with the majority not caring I then think... well whats the point? Just keep these thoughts to yourself because nothing comes out of expressing them anyway

• @OliveOlivia I disagree with a lot of the things you just said.

"everybody cares" is not quite the right measurement for what you write. There will always somebody who doesn't care and as you say thats quite normal and fine. It's okay that some care about this and others about that... And here is our first disagreement: why does it matter, that there are people who don't care about what you write?

Second disagreement: I am perfectly convinced that shakespeare's words are of much higher importance than the words of say Donald Trump. For a simple reason: they contain more truth, and are waaay deeper. Thus: what some people say is in fact more important than what other people say. It is not because of who they are, but because of what they say.

You know we live in a time that does not appreciate these things anymore. We live in times where everything is seen as relative, as equal. But that's just not true. Take this simple example the phrase: you walk up the stairs by putting your left foot on the next step and then you put your right foot on the same step and so on. And the other phrase: You walk up the stairs by always putting one foot on the next step while leaving the one you just moved. Both phrases are true. But the second certainly gets you up the stairs faster. If you say the second thing it shows you have properly mastered stairs...

So are your words more important than other people's words? Maybe. Who could tell today? But they seem to be more important to some people. Why is that not enough?

And last but not least: expressing thoughts has a definite impact on you. This has even been shown scientifically.

• @petrapark3r said in Olivia's Thoughts #06:

why does it matter, that there are people who don't care about what you write?

because at that point I might as well keep to myself.
    If no one cares that I use my phone in the movie theater, then I'd take it out without a care in the world when I got a text. But people do care, and they want my phone silenced and put away, so that's what I do.
    If I'm writing a response on tws but no one cares what I write, then I might as well not write it. If I'm writing a response I think someone might care about or understand, then ill hit the submit button.
    Maybe that's not a good enough reason for you, but thats my thought process and thats my reasoning.

Second disagreement: I am perfectly convinced that shakespeare's words are of much higher importance than the words of say Donald Trump. For a simple reason: they contain more truth, and are waaay deeper. Thus: what some people say is in fact more important than what other people say. It is not because of who they are, but because of what they say.

You can not declare what is and isn't important. It may be more important to you, but there are many many many US citizen that are Trump supporters and they would disagree completely. Neither of you would be wrong or right, importance is just subjective.

So are your words more important than other people's words? Maybe. Who could tell today? But they seem to be more important to some people. Why is that not enough?

Well as I mentioned importance is subjective. I don't know anyone who thinks what I have to say is important and if they do feel that way I would be surprised.

• @OliveOlivia said in Olivia's Thoughts #06:

@petrapark3r I don't care about upvotes or replies and I don't think it has to do with attention, but I guess anything is possible.
    I just think I am right, for the same reason I just said. Unless its my post or my questions, I don't look at every comment in other topics, why? unless its a juicy question I am interested in, then I don't care. Its a normal thing to not care about other peoples responses to a question you don't care much for either. So if I know I don't care, I know others don't either.
    I don't think its so much that I want attention or upvotes or replies. I think I just like being listened to, no one has to respond or react, just listen and learn. But if I don't do it for every one I don't expect everyone to do it for me. If anything, its just me being selfish and acting as though the things I have to say are more important than others, which I know isn't true. Nothing I say is better in anyway, and some of the things I say don't make sense or are misunderstood, with that in combination with the majority not caring I then think... well whats the point? Just keep these thoughts to yourself because nothing comes out of expressing them anyway

I have a sneaking suspicion that whenever your friends or acquaintances are grouped up, talking amongst themselves and they see you approaching a few of them roll their eyes. Be honest

@petrapark3r said in Olivia's Thoughts #06:

why does it matter, that there are people who don't care about what you write?

If no one cares [...]

No one cares is obviously not true. Here we are, caring, even argueing... caring too much :shrug:... I still think it does not matter that there are (some / many) people who do not care. Because there are enough people who do. :triumph:

You can not declare what is and isn't important. It may be more important to you, but there are many many many US citizen that are Trump supporters and they would disagree completely. Neither of you would be wrong or right, importance is just subjective.

Look, some people are wrong and some are right. But since I agree with you, that our subjectivity cannot completely separated from our views, we can never fully grasp the truth. But some things are true_er_ than others. And some things are false. And that does not depend on who says it and it is not entirely subjective either. If you think you can fly you will still die when you step off a building. So what you believed was not some relative subjective truth, it was objectvely false...

Well as I mentioned importance is subjective. I don't know anyone who thinks what I have to say is important and if they do feel that way I would be surprised.

me. silly. :P

• @SynapticMisfire said in Olivia's Thoughts #06:

@OliveOlivia said in Olivia's Thoughts #06:

@petrapark3r I don't care about upvotes or replies and I don't think it has to do with attention, but I guess anything is possible.

I have a sneaking suspicion that whenever your friends or acquaintances are grouped up, talking amongst themselves and they see you approaching a few of them roll their eyes. Be honest

Jokes on you, I have no friends!

@SynapticMisfire said in Olivia's Thoughts #06:

We should remedy that.

You're well spoken and articulate, smart, or at least you appear that way, yet clearly an introvert and perhaps even a bit socially inept, you're like the perfect online girlfriend.

We should enter an online romantic relationship during which we will exchange nudes, say sweet things to each other, unload all our emotional baggage and make promises to each other which will ultimately lead to nothing of substance and will end in bitter disappointment for both of us.

• @SynapticMisfire said in Olivia's Thoughts #06:

We should remedy that.

You're well spoken and articulate, smart, or at least you appear that way, yet clearly an introvert and perhaps even a bit socially inept, you're like the perfect online girlfriend.

We should enter an online romantic relationship during which we will exchange nudes, say sweet things to each other, unload all our emotional baggage and make promises to each other which will ultimately lead to nothing of substance and will end in bitter disappointment for both of us.

Joke's on TWS for not allowing me to give you more than one upvote. This made me crack... :joy: ...