• Sometimes it feels as if some people are out there just to cause discord and chaos. It's like they just have some sort of affinity towards evil, what do you make of it?
    Almost feels like an alignment thing sometimes.

• @eerie-resonance
    I have often wondered this question... but I refuse to believe it is the case.
    Things may seem bad, and always get worse ... but I can't accept that people could be solely evil.
    Whats happened for you to pose a question of this magnitude and topic?

• @mr_peanut I have had some less than pleasant things occur during my lifetime (that I won't disclose for 'reasons') but this question doesn't really have anything to do with those incidents. It's just an enquiry that's been on my mind for a while now and i seek the opinions of others.

• hmmm I disagree. Maybe you're surrounded with not so good people and saw awful things or experienced horrendous things in your life that lead you to think that way. :)
    Well, don't forget that no matter how bad you think people are.. there is still goodness in them. They're just blinded with their anguish, change is constant btw. :)

• @eerie-resonance nothing and no one is inherently evil or good. Evil and good themselves are made up subjective concepts, relative from one to another

• @potatoespotatoes You truly like to mention my nickname. If by "inherently" you refer to a characteristic you're born with, then there's nothing to argue. However, it can become something natural for someone to act evil(immoral/wicked/unpleasant) if the subject is predisposed to/taught such things.

• @eerie-resonance
    these sort of people are very unsatisfied inside - feel sorry for them

• @eerie-resonance All the livings cannot take their belongings, wealth, servants with them when dead. The only thing they can take is the good or bad deeds done by themselves physically, mentally or verbally.

• @sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀ
    you are entitled to your views and thinking
    but theres no guarantee that they are correct

• @eerie-resonance
    My answer is liable to stir up a few minds.
    There is definitely evil in the world. Truly evil and wicked people. Pychopaths. The people I'm referring to know that their actions cause harm and death to others but they take pleasure in that. Prisons have quite a few of them.
    Then there's evil such as Hitler, Mussolini, and Kaddafi.
    All are part of the plan that? God has in store for us.
    To quote Jethro Tull " he who made kittens put snakes in the grass"
    Surround yourself with good people and avoid evil. Don't do things that will bring it into your life.

• @no32one said in Some people are just inherently evil, do you agree?:

@potatoespotatoes You truly like to mention my nickname. If by "inherently" you refer to a characteristic you're born with, then there's nothing to argue

Cool

However, it can become something natural for someone to act evil(immoral/wicked/unpleasant)

No act is inherently evil or good either, nothing is, morality is subjective, wickedness is too and pleasure too, none objective

if the subject is predisposed to/taught such things

Your evil might be his good, but at the end, nothing is really evil or good, evil and good don't really exist, ask an atom what it thinks good and evil are, you get my point

• @eerie-resonance if you learned about anthropology, hooman, intrapersonal skill and strategy, as well as psychology, you will exactly know the answer of your topic.

People are unique, somehow they could be same and follow whatever their society expected but suddenly they could be argumentative and against society. Back to the treatment when you are a baby, a kid, till you grow up to be teenagers, your parents, your family beliefs, your friends, your school mates and your teachers also your religion rules (if applicable), they are all combining you to be a person like you are now.

So, if you say that some people are just inherently evil, it is not some people, it is all people. We have angel and satan side, good and bad side, love and hate, like and dislike, etc and many more since it is the rules of this world, the opposite things. It is just a part of the rules of this world :)

• @potatoespotatoes Of course I get your point, you seem to know too much for a non-human.

No act is inherently evil or good either, nothing is, morality is subjective, wickedness is too and pleasure too, none objective
    Your evil might be his good, but at the end, nothing is really evil or good, evil and good don't really exist, ask an atom what it thinks good and evil are, you get my point

Morality is, indeed, subjective, but let's say that we are talking about the most accepted form of morality( by the majority). One simple example? "Innocent prisoners shall be freed". Being inherently evil/good according to the morality of which the majority set the bounds is possible, but even that is quite rare.

@potatoespotatoes Of course I get your point, you seem to know too much for a non-human.

Morality is, indeed, subjective, but let's say that we are talking about the most accepted form of morality( by the majority). One simple example? "Innocent prisoners shall be freed". Being inherently evil/good according to the morality of which the majority set the bounds is possible, but even that is quite rare.

That is a maxim, definition:
    "a short, pithy statement expressing a general truth or rule of conduct"
    you could say that you follow Kantian Ethics(morality) A.K.A. Kantianism, anyways the maxim "Innocent prisoners should be freed" can only be used when it is given subjective value, but after that objective actions can derive from the subjective maxim

• @potatoespotatoes Mind elaborating why there has to be a given subjective value to the maxim? In my eyes, judging someone as being either guilty or innocent is totally objective.

• @wet-teri Psychopaths don't necessarily take pleasure in being evil, they just don't feel empathy for other people and therefore don't mind hurting others for their own gain. Also, it's interesting to note that about 1% of the population are psychopaths, but about 4% of leaders and CEOs of companies are psychopaths according to Jon Ronson. They can be very dangerous, but also very charming and you often don't suspect that there is something wrong with them, because they are better at lying.

• @eerie-resonance
    If you want a glimpse at the latest truly evil thing I have run across check out the documentary called Thrive. It's on youtube. It makes me so angry. But I believe the only way it can be stopped is for everyone to possess the knowledge of it's existence.

@potatoespotatoes Mind elaborating why there has to be a given subjective value to the maxim?

Because you could just say that the opposite of the maxim is what has to be done and both statements would be equal, it's subjective and relative

In my eyes, judging someone as being either guilty or innocent is totally objective

That's because you've given a subjective value to the importance of knowing who's guilty or innocent

• @potatoespotatoes I must admit, you're one hard to catch vegetable(or goat).
    You must've been a psychology student assuming your knowledge on this topic.

@potatoespotatoes I must admit, you're one hard to catch vegetable(or goat).
    You must've been a psychology student assuming your knowledge on this topic.

Nah I'm just a $MART BOI