7 choices you can make today that will change your life
No one can make you choose to change. The choice is yours. You don’t want to look back five, ten or twenty years from now and regret your decisions.
These seven choices are not an exhaustive list, but they will help you through the process of change. No matter what you encounter on your journey towards living your vision, these seven choices can help steer you in the right direction, restore your confidence, reignite your commitment and boost your energy.
The Seven Choices
1. Choose to expect more from life. If you desire to achieve your dreams, your expectations must rise. Don’t ever settle with where you are. As long as you are alive there is more life for you to live.
People forfeit their vision because they expect little from their lives. Don’t settle for less than you are capable of doing. Even if you don’t achieve all your expectations, you will still gain a whole lot more if you expect nothing at all.
2. Choose to find solutions to your problems. I am not down playing problems. We all encounter problems in life. Instead of complaining or gripping begin to seek solutions.
Wasting time complaining and gripping does not resolve the problem, they only magnify it and delay the solutions. The best plan of action I discovered is to evaluate the problem, write down possible solutions and implement a plan to eliminate the problem.
3. Choose to be your unique self. Refuse to be a carbon copy of anyone. God did not meticulously design you to be an imitator. You are only required to become the best you that you can be. It takes less work and energy being you.
Don’t believe the media’s lies that you must look a certain way or act like a certain person. Accept who you are and live true to your uniqueness. You have more to give to the world when you choose to be your authentic self.
4. Choose to walk in courage and not fear. Fear attacks your life at different levels trying to persuade you that living your vision is impossible. Fear’s job is to beat you into submission with its negative and pessimistic voice.
Refuse to let fear win. Don’t enable fear to hold you hostage from living your best. When fear shows up; don’t give in, keep moving forward and let courage reign.
5. Choose to link with people that will help you grow. Success doesn’t happen alone. You need trusted people along the way. A strong support system will help you deal with the pit falls of life.
Don’t surround yourself with a bunch of ‘yes men’ who stroke your ego. Put yourself in the company of people who will tell you the truth, support your efforts and help grow your life.
6. Choose to follow core values that are important to you. To become effective in your life’s journey you must identify, develop and prioritize clear and concise core values. Your core values are central to defining who you are, what you do and where you go.
Once you define and prioritize your core values, they should guide you in every aspect of your daily life. When you make a conscious decision to follow your core values you will not allow anyone or anything to persuade you to live against them.
7. Choose to take consistent action. Your vision will not happen because you think about or pray about it daily. It will not impact lives if you just write it down. You must take consistent action for your vision to have the effect it was designed to have.
Consistent action is not a one-time occurrence but it is a reliable, dependable and coherent approach to daily living that aligns with your unique vision.
If you are serious about making the necessary changes to maximize your life (spiritually, relationally, physically, socially, mentally, financially and professionally) these seven choices will help take you where you desire to go.
“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” Denis Waitley
@ragnar Oof. My bro changing lives! This is great man!
Hshshsj last edited by
@ragnar Nice bro ....post more like these valuable things
@ragnar : A very good motivation,keep it up..
Det har ar sa lysande,lange leve..
KorgLife17 last edited by
This is a well written piece, Rag! Really positive and motivational advice.
This reminds me of a beautiful poem by Robert Frost
THE ROAD NOT TAKEN
BY ROBERT FROST
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
@bela the last part , is that english,? Thanks thou
Hshshsj last edited by
@ragnar haha i hope so it's Filipino dude
@ragnar : makiboy thought it was a filipino word but its not, yet im a proud Filipino..
It means this is so brilliant,long live..
Det har ar sa lysande,lange leve
@bela what language is that then
@catwoman yes catwoman
cherrylady98 last edited by
thank you for this!
@sup This is CBSE Class 9th Poem , Right. This is my favourite also. Are U still in Class 9th or moved to 10th.
Catwoman last edited by
@bela it's Swedish right?
NutellaBigGoat last edited by
@RAGNAR Yaay! Well written. Really motivational thank you.
ColeHein last edited by
@bela hey you should message me i wanna talk
Martin_Eden last edited by
Yes, when frontal cortices manifest through people ideas for a better future, most reasonable people sincerely agree. It is an advantageous social interaction, resulting in numerous, though mild, positive effects. Mild as the effects are, most people will not even notice, but will still benefit from them.
Actively seeking sources of positive atitude, they are obviously aware of every gentle voice or stare. They might even stop to better sense the flight of a stork or they might hide behind a shrub in order to get closer to the Zephyr as he breezes around. If He is lucky, he might even hear the Zephyr whispering to his beloved bride, if she passes by. The Zephyr's bride is stunningly beautiful, although she is far from being unique. There are millions like her all around, all equally beautiful, but only the Zephyr has ever managed to offer his love to her. She loves him equally passionate. They make love three months every year, stopping only for a couple of hours every week. They do not stop until the trees are filled with flowers and green invades the landscape. They just sit naked and watch the beauty of Nature's masterpieces, as he tenderly caresses her delicate skin. They do not know it, but that kind woman who loves everything from matter to living things is their mother. Isn't she a mother for all of us?
Zephyr's girlfriend's job is noble, as is her employer. A ray of light she is, working as a courier for our Sun.
Am I trolling? Not my intention...
@makiboy oh dam, im so relieved now
Rishabh8 last edited by
@bela hi bela pm me