Tell me a story...

• Freedom Writers - Writing

Tell me a story, real or fiction, I don't mind just tell it from the heart.

Here, I will start...

The Dream

A man stood alone in an expanse of white nothingness. “Hello?” he asked softly.

“Hello, John.” A man as old as time itself appeared before him. He wore dark robes with what appeared to be stars undulating in a galaxy.

“W-who are you?” asked John.

The elderly man ignored his question. “Do you love your wife?” asked the old man.

“Of course,” answered John without hesitation.

The old man made a pained smile. “Then, I hope you intend to keep your promises,” said he.

John looked at the old man quizzically. “Promises?” he asked.

The man disappeared and John’s world flared a blinding phosphorous white.

Part I- The Decaying Static

A subtle whisper slipped into the crevices of John’s mind. His eyelids flitted in the moments of half-sleep as his unconsciousness began to slowly ebb.

“Come home safe, John,” said a woman’s voice. It drifted like an echo and finally faded into the void. John idled for an iota of a second in silence as the voice redoubled, not as her, but as a shrieking banshee. The scream crashed through his mind and shattered the remaining shackles of slumber.

John’s eyes snapped open as a shrill alarm poured into his cockpit from a mounted speaker on his control panel. His attention locked onto an emblazoned fire icon that hovered menacingly over the number three engine of his space cruiser; it pulsed with a malevolent resolve. John raised an unsteady finger to the smooth surface of the caution reset button but before he could press it, the whole display flared red with emergency symbols blaring in every sector of his cruiser.

“Goddamnit,” exclaimed John. He shook his head and laughed bitterly amid the discorded symphony of alarms. The thought never occurred to him that a remedial assignment, such as a low-orbit weather scan, would have gone so inexplicably wrong; the irony of the situation amused him. Just days before, John assured his worried wife Ellie that the Interstellar Space Incorporation (ISSI) wouldn’t entrust an inexperienced pilot like him to fly anything but a safe, mundane, and pointless mission. He had her convinced he would be home before supper on the same evening he launched. Even so, she still cried and demanded he come home safe. He pushed a curly strand of scarlet hair behind her ear and promised he would see her soon.

The alarm gained intensity, and John scrambled for the radio transmitter. It fumbled in his shaky hands but his weak fingers still found purchase on the “press-to-talk” switch.

“Ground control?” said John above the din of wailing sirens. “Do you copy, over?”

Only the crackle and sputter of static filtered through his headset. He pressed the switch again but the frequency decayed into a distant mercurial laughter.

“Ground control, I say again, do you copy? Over.” John concentrated as a slight ghost-like whisper weaved its way into the white noise. The ethereal voice was reedy and hollow, it sounded as if it was miles away.

“Say again,” said John as he pressed his hands over his headset. He strained to hear the whisper but after a moment, it multiplied and transformed into a crescendo of horrific screams.

“You will never hear her voice again,” bayed the ear-piercing voices all at once.

John yanked off his headset and threw it against the windscreen of his cruiser; it exploded into a shower of wire and plastic. Though destroyed, he could still hear the wailing madness through the tiny speakers, which now dangled from the exposed ear pieces. John closed his eyes to allow the cacophonic clamor to subside; her voice emerged again.

“Promise to come home safe, John,” whispered Ellie, once more.

“I promise,” said John in a diminutive tone; her warm breath caressed his cheek. Instinctively, he reached a hand out to push a strand of hair behind her ear but his probing fingers only found empty air. His eyes snapped open and he saw a new color entering the fray of crimson, which still pulsated from the control panel. An amber radiance emitted from the aft of the ship. It glowed brighter and brighter as its hue engulfed the cockpit.

John began to panic as the alarm suddenly stopped but he calmed himself and spoke, “I always hear her in my dreams,” said John in a shaky voice. A maddening laughter erupted from the speaker; it startled him.

“Who are you?” demanded John.

The cackling laugh stopped instantly and was replaced with a high-pitched tone. “I am the winged-boot messenger,” said the voice in a piercing falsetto. “I am Hermes.”

“What do you want from me?” asked John.

Hermes laughed again and said, “I have a message from the gods, ‘you have been marked for death.’ So, just accept your fate.” A haunting chill ran up John’s spine as an uneasy silence followed Hermes’s shrill warning. A crash rattled the hull of his ship, jolting his vision. He unfastened his safety harness and drifted to an observation window. Murderous flames danced viciously along the starboard side of the cruiser and amongst the inferno a figure presented himself; the almighty Helios, on his chariot of fire.

Go to Part II

• fiction:
    one day a girl name mita was about to buy some snacks ,and she arrived in the store. she see a cute guy, when she was staring at him suddenly he realize someone was staring at him. she got caught :astonished_face:
    then she walk away. and they never meet again
    THE END
    alt text

@its-bobby noooo... they have to meet again. I demand a sequel!

• @evan-elderson lol okay imma continue
    (this story was in LA)
    so she just forgeting about a guys she saw at target lol.
    (she is working at the burger place/ chicken / she working at hooters lol she wear a hooters uniform lmaoo just kidding she is not -_- )
    then one day while she work, out of nowhere the guy she saw order something at the burger she work.
    "yeah can i help you" she said
    "hmm do we ever meet before?"
    (because she was nervous she said)
    "no, i dont think so 🙂 "
    "oh maybe i was wrong, i think i ever see a beautiful girl like you before" he said
    (and she is about to die after hear that)
    (her heart was like ah&*Sfsgad#@%#ms, she suddenly forgot how to breath)
    alt text

he order something, eat, ofc pay , and leave
    the other day he back to the restaurant. he was looking for her but didnt find it, then ask to her friend there
    "where is the girl who have a brown long hair?"
    "oh she is on her free time"
    "can i have her phone number or her address?"
    then her friend give him her phone numbers

to be continue.. ..

@its-bobby see? Now your cooking... you must be a writer on Wattpad.com and if not, then you should be! Tell me more!

• @evan-elderson im not interest at writing and sometimes i cant use a right word. lol yeah ofc i can because i live im my imagination. i do this kind of thing i meant i telling story to myself before i sleep , i cant sleep if i dont do story telling ( okay its different case if im so tireeeedd , ofc ill just fall asleep)

@its-bobby having an imagination is the most important part of being a writer. An editor can work with you on what words to use but they cannot provide you with an imagination... that has to come from you and you got it. 🙂 just something to think about.

• @evan-elderson yeah but i dont have an editor lol noone will edit my word.
    imma continue the story later lol

@its-bobby I would look at your work... believe me, this little story you are writing here, is a very popular topic among the youth of today. I can't write stories like this or I would... it is popular.

• @evan-elderson you can write that kind of story tho 😄

• @its-bobby said in Tell me a story...:

@evan-elderson lol okay imma continue
    (this story was in LA)
    so she just forgeting about a guys she saw at target lol.
    (she is working at the burger place/ chicken / she working at hooters lol she wear a hooters uniform lmaoo just kidding she is not -_- )
    then one day while she work, out of nowhere the guy she saw order something at the burger she work.
    "yeah can i help you" she said
    "hmm do we ever meet before?"
    (because she was nervous she said)
    "no, i dont think so 🙂 "
    "oh maybe i was wrong, i think i ever see a beautiful girl like you before" he said
    (and she is about to die after hear that)
    (her heart was like ah&*Sfsgad#@%#ms, she suddenly forgot how to breath)
    alt text

he order something, eat, ofc pay , and leave
    the other day he back to the restaurant. he was looking for her but didnt find it, then ask to her friend there
    "where is the girl who have a brown long hair?"
    "oh she is on her free time"
    "can i have her phone number or her address?"
    then her friend give him her phone numbers

to be continue.. ..

so then he try to messeges her.
    he say "hey, im a guy from before" he also send his picture lol what a creepy guy
    the other messege he wrote " you are on a free time right? you have a plan tonight?"

(she was shock looking at her phone.. screaming)
    alt text
    she was like what the fuck :astonished_face:
    but she reply anyways
    "oh yeah , i dont have any plan" she said
    "cool, you enjoying live music?"
    "yeah i do"
    "awesome, can i pick you up at 8? i know someplace with a good live music"
    "sure"
    and they enjoying the night togeher, happily everafter
    THE END 😄

@its-bobby no, really I can't because it is not my interest or my life... however you dream about it, therefore you can write about it.

@its-bobby awesome... now, expand it, add some details, and names and you have the perfect k-drama story 🙂

View More Recent Topics