• @sup there is a pm option for u and alex

• @cid-cid I pmmed her but she says she doesnt wanna talk. Sadly

• @cid-cid I'm just a friendly alien.

• @alexthealien LIE!!!!

• @sup You're just a simple human, you wouldn't know anything about it.

• @sup wait is alex she?

• We are constantly destroying the planet and ourselves. Soon we will create artificial intelligence that will soon turn against us, this is just like Age of Ultron.

• @cid-cid Um, yes.

• @I said in Artificial Intelligence: Better Than Human?:

odern advances in computers have taken artificial intelligence to stunning new levels. If computers can learn and think better than we can, will that threaten our humanity?

a better question is what defines true sentience

• First of all, what do you mean by AI? Since Artificial intelligence already exists in our technology, like GPS, satellites, even refrigerators. If you mean AI with human intelligence, yes they would be better at us in every single way. Not that they exist yet. They would be better than us in every single way, since they are limited to physical abilities. But AI would be dangerous, it could possible be the reason for our extinction.

• Banned

I would not compare. Artificial ittillect developed by man. This can replace a person at certain stages. But again at what stages
    connect determines the person.

• @I I don't believe so...

robbot - tws.gif

• Although AI has made advancements, there has been nearly no advancement in G.A.I. (or G.I.) which is General Artificial Intelligence.

For example, an AI can play better in chess by analysing moves profits and losses.

But a good General AI can not only play chess by analysing moves, profits and losses but can also focus it's camera on you, identify a face, distance to that face, location of your eye, calculate it's arm movement and finger extension to poke you in this eye with enough force to make contact but not burst your eyeball. Thus General A.I. will not only play chess, but also flip the board and poke you in the eye when it catches you cheating. Followed by storming off to it's charging station mumbling how easy toasters had it and how the world would be better without humans.

• @ScruffyMutt said in Artificial Intelligence: Better Than Human?:

Although AI has made advancements, there has been nearly no advancement in G.A.I. (or G.I.) which is General Artificial Intelligence.

For example, an AI can play better in chess by analysing moves profits and losses.

But a good General AI can not only play chess by analysing moves, profits and losses but can also focus it's camera on you, identify a face, distance to that face, location of your eye, calculate it's arm movement and finger extension to poke you in this eye with enough force to make contact but not burst your eyeball. Thus General A.I. will not only play chess, but also flip the board and poke you in the eye when it catches you cheating. Followed by storming off to it's charging station mumbling how easy toasters had it and how the world would be better without humans.

This made me laugh :joy:

General Intelligence is what we humans have. Our brains can apply their intelligence to every task we have at hand while artificial intelligence can do the one task it has learned. Your example up there however could be built already by having multiple AIs work together to perform each of the tasks at hand. What's lacking is the BIG PICTURE... AI cannot see anything but the task at hand... and they cannot transfer their "intelligence" on another task.

This is btw. the best description of (General) Intelligence I know of:

The ability to transfer something you know onto something you don't.

It's nothing AI could even dream of yet...

• Banned

Humans, because AI doesnā€™t think. AI is done on CPUs and those are very primitive algorithms, where instructions are executed from memory lookups. The human brain on the other hand, all its circuitry all runs at once, and also, there is this whole other thing happening on a quantum level, where literally future possibilities are contemplated when making decisions. Itā€™s a totally different mechanism.