is it actually genuinely okay to need validation from others?

• @Alireza.iran I mean people need validation that they are a good person. A child needs validation they are loved. People need validation in some way or another just to make themselves feel alive and accepted... to know they are not alone. If anyone says they do not need validation ... they are a narcissist or just lying to themselves. (In my opinion ofc). And yes I do like validation and I do believe I need it. I just wish I didn't need it so much

• @mk248 i have come to accept i need validation, it all stems from an abusive childhood, the usual horror story. Fortunately I've lived my life enough to have fixed myself a great deal so now my validation mostly comes from myself. But external validation from my kids or people i respect in personal and professional life definitely reinforces it. I do remember when i was a blank slate for other people to write their opinions on. It wasn't healthy amd I'm glad i progressed, i had to. But take it where you find it, anything positive is, well... positive! All strength to you

• @Sassygirl im 26 and i know a lil bit of it gives me such a drive that helps me improve slot. We men dont get that from anyone aftee a certain age. But women get it from men alot of the times

• @Alireza.iran Yeah I can see that. Women def do get more validation. Men deserve the same. That's why I always compliment or say things that can validate a person ... when they are a good person ofc.

• @Sassygirl thats so nice of you. And considerate.

• @Sassygirl firstly, you seem great! There's a little validation for you. Secondly you are right on the money. A friend of mine who was studying psychology years ago told me that we all subconsciously need 7 "strokes" ( that's what they term it) a day to maintain our mental health wellbeing and happiness. It can be anything, a smile, a "well done", "i agree", " i hear what you're saying ", a hug.but we all need little subtle signs of approval. We are a social species after all. It stacks up. It doesn't have to be a negative thing, just a reality

• @Alireza-iran Hey I try :)

• @Scottish Thanks! You seem great too

• @mk248 mk I'm trying to reply to your dm, my dms are being weird, keeps disappearing when i type but I'll get to you when it sorts itself out. Just wanted you to know I'm not being ignorant. And btw, you are normal, you ain't thinking nothing that isn't natural and healthy

• everyone needs validation from others anyway.

• @mk248 True. That's one determinant not to be disregarded in the rectification course.