• hello, I am a 28 year old single mother of 2 and ever since I was wrong I have always been an empath; however, I have just recently found my purpose for sure due to others disbelieving me as a child. I feed off of all the energies around me, esp in crowds, but how am I able to control the way I feel,? I hope someone can help me :( it literally drains the life out of me :(. thank you.

• I might not be a expert on this subject, but if you need someone to talk too I'll be here to listen :)

• Thank you, and I just would love to know how to channel them if let's say visiting the hospital for my youngest check ups, all the sick children's energies, and parents, I get so overwhelmed I actually have to go out for air, before bed is easy, but in public I am unable to put a wall up for others feelings and emotions.

• @KeyokaEmpath Places such as hospitals where there are a lot of crowds/stress and emotions constantly run high will always be difficult, and you will unlikely be able to shut the empathic "noise" off completely.

I'd suggest you look into grounding, see what prep work you can do before exposing yourself to such intense situations. There are techniques for raising a barrier or shield (also often referred to as a "bubble")... I won't pretend to have done much more than dabbling in it so suggest doing some research, but if you prefer you're welcome to message and I can share what I can remember or any other tips for grounding etc.

• @Matt_Aranha Thank you, through my research already from what you have already mentioned seems to be pretty much the same. But I would love to chat more and greatly appreciate it. Much Love

• @KeyokaEmpath said in How am I able to control my Empath abilities ?:

hello, I am a 28 year old single mother of 2 and ever since I was young I have always been an empath; however, I have just recently found my purpose for sure due to others disbelieving me as a child. I feed off of all the energies around me, esp in crowds, but how am I able to control the way I feel,? I hope someone can help me :( it literally drains the life out of me :(. thank you.