Ways of decreasing suffering!!

• Music Lovers

Suffering plagues our world. In its many forms, it affects us physically, psychologically and emotionally, little kids dying of starvation. People get raped and murdered. Slavery, human trafficking etc etc .
    So, let's discuss some ways to decrease the suffering and making the world a better place to live in.

• SEEKERS One Woman Army Music Lovers

@ChaosKing
    i'd say that most of these issues are caused by economic inequality & poverty. improved cooperation between countries, mutual economic aid and transnational enforcement of law might do the trick, although it's certainly going to be a long process

• Music Lovers

@AllAboutGay said in Ways of decreasing suffering!!:

@ChaosKing Homophobia plagues our world. In its many forms, it affects us homosexually, bisexually and pansexually. Little gays dye of homophobia. Gays get raped and murdered...slavery, gay trafficking etc etc .
    So,the ways to decrease the suffering is to spread LGBT which will make the world a better place to live in.

I stand in support of LGBT community, indeed they need to be uplifted and also Women Empowerment.
    We need our women and LGBT community to have equal status and live their lives with respect and self-confidence.

• Chocolate lovers ;) PUB CHAT REVIVER SPARTAN Global Moderator

@ChaosKing Omg hi bday TWINNIE

• Music Lovers

@sarah_the_magpie said in Ways of decreasing suffering!!:

@ChaosKing
    i'd say that most of these issues are caused by economic inequality & poverty. improved cooperation between countries, mutual economic aid and transnational enforcement of law might do the trick, although it's certainly going to be a long process

Indeed Economic inequality and poverty is a challenge and has an important role in increasing suffering.

• Music Lovers

@KETholic Only 14 days more >,<

• @ChaosKing The true suffering is the suffering of the mind. Inner peace is more important than external prosperity.

download (8).jpeg

There will always be factors that can destroy the peace of our mind. So, we need a system that can keep our mind happy all the time; a system that can give us inner peace even during our toughest times. We need a system that keep us going; something that helps us to get along in life. We need something that makes us believe that a good day can come; something that makes us believe that true justice is possible; something that makes us believe that an invisible force is helping us; something that makes us self-confident; something that helps us to not take life too seriously; something that makes us believe that all hope is not gone; something that gives us an invisible friend.

There will always be people who are sadistic and harmful.

Many people will not be good unless they are given a very good reason to be good. Many people will not stop being corrupt unless they are given a reason. Many people will not stop harming others unless they are given a reason. Many drug-addicted people will not stop being addict unless they are made afraid of some eternal consequences.

Many will not behave well unless they are given a reason. Many people will not help others unless they are given a reason. The rich may not help the poor unless they are given a reason. Many sons will not take care of their old parents unless they are given a reason. Married couples may not be loyal enough to each other unless they are given a reason.

These reasons may include some eternal rewards or some eternal consequences. We need a system that gives us the reasons....may be a religion (more precisely, a highly organized and well-defined religion) which will provoke social and moral values along with inner peace...even if to some extent. Experimentally true: religious values(for example, charity) may even lead to economic prosperity and equality.

People already know the way to achieve (economic) prosperity (often in a very selfish way). People need to be made altruistic and less greedy(materialistic greed for worldly things) by means of the system which may lead to both peace and prosperity.

• tws gay club but no homo

@ChaosKing Homophobia plagues our world. In its many forms, it affects us homosexually, bisexually and pansexually. Little gays die of homophobia. Gays get raped and murdered...slavery, gay trafficking etc etc .
    So,the ways to decrease the suffering is to spread LGBT which will make the world a better place to live in.

• Music Lovers

@Sij

The true suffering is the suffering of the mind. Inner peace is more important than external prosperity.

What will a person do with inner peace when he/she is starving getting murdered or raped?
    What will you do with inner peace when being different means stoned to death?
    What will you do with inner peace when everyone wanna cut each other's throat open coz they believe in different Imaginary friend?

There will always be factors that can destroy the peace of our mind. So, we need a system that can keep our mind happy all the time; a system that can give us inner peace even during our toughest times. We need a system that keep us going; something that helps us to get along in life. We need something that makes us believe that a good day can come; something that makes us believe that true justice is possible; something that makes us believe that an invisible force is helping us; something that makes us self-confident; something that helps us to not take life too seriously; something that makes us believe that all hope is not gone; something that gives us an invisible friend.

We need to be delusional, is that what you are saying?
    Rather than making this place a better ourself just belive some imaginary friend will make everything better at the day of judgement or some shit like that?

I know one(tbh many) sadistic and harmful imaginary person who wants us to worship him and if we don't believe in him he will torture us eternally.
    Isn't this sadistic?

Many people will not be good unless they are given a very good reason to be good. Many people will not stop being corrupt unless they are given a reason. Many people will not stop harming others unless they are given a reason. Many drug-addicted people will not stop being addict unless they are made afraid of some eternal consequences.

Many will not behave well unless they are given a reason. Many people will not help others unless they are given a reason. The rich may not help the poor unless they are given a reason. Many sons will not take care of their old parents unless they are given a reason. Married couples may not be loyal enough to each other unless they are given a reason.

Just remember a golden rule behave as you want to get behaved, why would you need a god in it?
    People help others without reason, it's in our gene! That's why we are called social animals coz in past making groups give us benefit hence improving the lifespan of the people who tend to help each other. Rich help poor because they understand their misery, sons take care coz they owe their parents so much, married couples stays together coz their relation is built on trust and they also don't want to get cheated.

These reasons may include some eternal rewards or some eternal consequences. We need a system that gives us the reasons....may be a religion (more precisely, a highly organized and well-defined religion) which will provoke social and moral values along with inner peace...even if to some extent. Experimentally true: religious values(for example, charity) may even lead to economic prosperity and equality.

Well organised religion is the cause of most of the evil, in my opinion. It poisons everything.
    We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid.
    To terrify children with the image of hell, to consider women an inferior creation—is that good for the world?
    “With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil - that takes religion.”
    ― Steven Weinberg

• I can only comment on what works for me. Acceptance and forgiveness. I started to accept the world and people for what they are and not for I wanted them to be.
    We are the sum of our choices, accepting that everything in life is connected and forgiving the ones that did me harm.
    We will all go to the next life the same way we entered this one, let's just hope with better understanding of ourselves.

• Chocolate lovers ;) PUB CHAT REVIVER SPARTAN Global Moderator

@ChaosKing Yesssiirrrr

• Veteran Mods One Woman Army

I love these kind of topics and the replies are always interesting to read. But when it comes to answering,it is very hard for me to give my opinion looking at the vagueness of the topic. There's a good deal of things to answer and discuss. Having read all the replies I would say that I agree with most of them 🙂

• @ChaosKing said in Ways of decreasing suffering!!:

@Sij

The true suffering is the suffering of the mind. Inner peace is more important than external prosperity.

What will a person do with inner peace when he/she is starving getting murdered or raped?

People should try to stop crimes from happening while having inner peace.

What will you do with inner peace when being different means stoned to death?

Inner peace is important for mental stability. If the person who believes differently he can keep it a secret(hypothetically) if the situation is really that bad. All people who are oficially believer may not really be believer.

What will you do with inner peace when everyone wanna cut each other's throat open coz they believe in different Imaginary friend?

I have seen many religious people in my life. none of them were radical extremists. vast majority of people of any religion dont want to cut each other's throat because of difference in belief. For example, I am a believer of a highly organized religion but I also have good friends who are disbelievers and have different tribal religious identities. We are not killing each other.

what you are saying is "tribalism". Tribalism is based on tribal identity. Tribal identity can be based on ethnicity,nationality,race,religion,hereditary tribal surnames and even skin colour. A lot of humans are more or less tribal. The type of tribalism may depend on the environmental situations. Religious tribalism is the most humanitarian form of tribalism because you cannot change your ethnicity,race etc but you can change your religion. Religious tribalism breaks the boundary of ethnicity,nationality,race etc. However, i don't support harmful versions of any type of tribalism.

We need to be delusional, is that what you are saying?
    Rather than making this place a better ourself just belive some imaginary friend will make everything better at the day of judgement or some shit like that?

Reality itself can be an illusion. Some realize,some don't.
    Yes, people need to be delusional if it keeps their life happy and stable. we will also have to try to make the world better while having inner peace.

I know one(tbh many) sadistic and harmful imaginary person who wants us to worship him and if we don't believe in him he will torture us eternally.
    Isn't this sadistic?

But theoretically that sadistic god may not exist. the torture will take place after death. So that is not a worldly issue.

Just remember a golden rule behave as you want to get behaved, why would you need a god in it?

It should be but many humans will not behave well unless you give them a reason. we have laws to punish criminals but laws don't always work specially if
    the law makers and enforcers are themselves immoral

People help others without reason, it's in our gene!

There are also many people who keep on using reasons,science,religion,philosophy etc for harming others and to achieve their material gains. May be it is also in their genes.

That's why we are called social animals coz in past making groups give us benefit hence improving the lifespan of the people who tend to help each other.

These social animals also fight against each other forming groups. Humans have always fought against each other because of tribal differences based on ethnicity,religion,nationality,language,race,skin colour etc. You cannot stop all humans from being tribal. But you can create a new tribal identity(and destroy other tribal differences) which is more humanitarian and less harmful.

Rich help poor because they understand their misery,

Many rich people also oppress the poor to achieve material gains because to many people "this world is the last thing and everything. so do whatever you want to achieve worldly success even if by harming others." But if these people are successfully threatened by an imaginary being to help the poor and to be charitable, they may stop being harmful.

sons take care coz they owe their parents so much, married couples stays together coz their relation is built on trust and they also don't want to get cheated.

It should be but many do not do so may be because of extreme materialism

Well organised religion is the cause of most of the evil, in my opinion. It poisons everything.

Well organized religions are a tool for maintaining social stability. But people can use them for their material gains. I have seen many religious people belonging to some highly organized religion. many of them were very nice people.

We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality.

Based on my personal experience and observation, it does. But vast majority of followers of any religion only follow certain basic practices and dont care about most parts of the religion. so, believing people can be immoral because of their individualism though the religion tells them to be moral.

On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid.

No, it happens because of tribalism. I know very religious people who are very nice and smart. Many religions may have certain "bad sides" but people usually dont care about those certain "bad sides" and even people misinterpret those so called "bad sides" and make them "good". If there are any bad sides really then people can intentionally misinterpret and turn them into good sides 😉

To terrify children with the image of hell, to consider women an inferior creation—is that good for the world?

Terrifying children with the image of hell can be good if it makes them happy and productive in the long run. People may also use science and reason to justify sexism and many other discriminations.

“With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil - that takes religion.”
    ― Steven Weinberg

I personally know people who refrain from doing dangerous things only because of religion,people who are charitable only because of religion,people who are good only because of religion. People can use religion(and anything) for doing evil to achieve their worldly gains.
    With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for bad people to do good- that takes religion...to many materialists "this world is everything and they will not be punished after death for their evil deeds. so do anything to achieve success in this world"

By using TalkWithStranger, you are accepting our privacy and usage terms . You must be 18+ or 13+ with parental permission to use our online chatting site.