• @thestrangest said in Is god real? Your thoughts:

@love_to_love_ "our religion"? So you're christian

@Love_to_love_

I wrote "out religion". I meant "our religion"

• @thestrangest
    Yeah but Iā€™m nothing like grace also known as kdkids the one who acts like she is the boss of every one

• @thestrangest
    Haha true šŸ˜‚

• @thestrangest
    Oh haha šŸ˜‚

• @love_to_love_ good to hear that

• @love_to_love_ if you acknowledge that there is no proof then why do you believe

• @thestrangest
    Um yeah I guess

• @thestrangest
    My dad

• @love_to_love_ je so the reason why you believe is "my dad". What? Do you believe everything your dad believes?

• @thestrangest
    Well Itā€™s hard to explain i trust in god also so I part to him every night and my dad say that god has a plan for all
    Of us and gods plan is working I think

• @love_to_love_ said in Is god real? Your thoughts:

@thestrangest
    Well Itā€™s hard to explain i trust in god also so I part to him every night and my dad say that god has a plan for all

Pray*

You pray?

Of us and gods plan is working I think

It doesn't matter what you think. I want to know if you can give me good reasons for your belief

0_1512865845814_what-can-be-asserted-without-evidence-can-be-dismissed-without-21499448.png

• @thestrangest
    He has a plan

• I wish to simply say that there are some certain theories about the existence of an omnipotent being that watches over us. Most of them some of you would have probably heard already. However, in my opinion i believe that there shouldn't be a god and if there is one then it is a sick fucker. If god is real then murder is okay as some could argue that since everything happens because of god's plan then when murder happens it;s fine as it's apart of god's plans. One of your most family member dies in a cruel, heartless way, don't be sad. God needed that person to die. That would also mean that Hitler was apart of god's plan. Here is what im trying to say; if god doesn't exist then the stuff we have done to ourselves and others; the reasons that we justified them by, is of our own doing. If a form of god exists(Not bias on any religion, you may believe what you want to believe) then every sin, every act of evil, murder, suicides are all part of his plan. I for one hope that god doesn't exist but if he/she/them/it (Again not bias) then i hope he/she/them/it has a good reason.

• @cameron15m
    Sin isnā€™t apart of gods plan thatā€™s the devil the devil is the one who kills any kind of good in your life.God uses all the bad things in your life and makes them into good things like for example: if your girlfriend died and you canā€™t get over the pain you bump into a pretty girl she helps you push through and you fall in love and maybe get married. That is god I bet you know the story of marry and baby Jesus. Marry had Jesus and he died on the cross so we could connect to him again. Baby Jesus was god in human flesh he wanted to go through all the pain that we went through because he loves us now thatā€™s a good god. The devil on the other hand comes only when your at your worst or when life is bad. He used to be one of Godā€™s angels and he thought he was better or more powerful than god and he turned into the devil also known as the father of lies or lord of lies. God has been though what you what we all have been through, he has suffered like we have, he has been tempted like we have. He know it all and for that I trust him. If god didnā€™t love us he wouldnā€™t have died for us. And that is why I love him and trust him.šŸ˜Š

• Watch Anime Eyes

@love_to_love_ said in Is god real? Your thoughts:

@thestrangest
    He has a plan

Do you have any proof that he exists. I can assert the same thing about a flying spaghetti minster and it wouldn't demonstrate his existence as less or more true.

And if god has a plan for everyone then the concepts of prayer, hell and heaven become very stupid and illogical.

The person who prays is the one who logically should think that god has arranged matters all wrong, but who also logically thinks that he can instruct god how to put them right by praying.

Prayer is wanting to change an omniscient god's plan by adding the knowledhe that you prayed to his already omniscient mind and then hopping that he changes your destiny.

And hell and heaven are as stupid. By your logic god created the world knowing every single choice kf every single life before they even existed, people have no free will because they only have 1 set of choices that they can make which is the set god knew before they were alive. But somehow god punishes with fire and suffering, rewards people with amazing flufy clouds and eternal bliss for having different life actions which were predetermined before they were born.

• Watch Anime Eyes

@cameron15m
    Sin isnā€™t apart of gods plan thatā€™s the devil the devil is the one who kills any kind of good in your life.

Both don't exist but your argument is invalid because god can easily get rid of the devil

God uses all the bad things in your life and makes them into good things like for example: if your girlfriend died and you canā€™t get over the pain you bump into a pretty girl she helps you push through and you fall in love and maybe get married.

That's demonstrabely wrong.

There are about 9 million children under 5 that die every year. Picture an asian tsunami of the sort we saw in 2004 killing a quarter of a million every 10 days, all of them under 5. About 24 thousand children a day, about a thousand an hour and 17 or so a minute. These children were generally only born to suffer and die since they hadn't had much time as conscious beings before they suffered horrible deaths and died. Picture the parents of these children and that means that before you can get to the end of this comment a which will take about 2 min 34 children would have died in horrible terror and agony, think of the parents of these children which most likely believe in god and are praying this second for their children to be saved, their prayers will not be answered. Any god who would allow children by the millions to die and saffer this way, for their parents to grieve this way either can do nothing to help them or doesn't care to, he is therefore either impotent" I'm just gonna add something to this. Worse than that most of these parents, many of these parents will be going to hell because they're praying to the wrong god. Just think about that. Through no fault of their own they were born in the wrong culture, where they got the wrong theology and they missed the revelation.ok there are 1.2 billion people in india at this moment, most of them are hindus, most of them therefore polytheists. No matter how good these people are, they are doomed. If you were praying to the monkey god hanoman you are doomed. You'll be tortured in hell for eternity. Now is there the slightest evidence for this? NO, it just says so in Mark 9, Matthew 13 and revelation 14. Perhaps you'll remember from the lord of the rings ot says that when the elves die they go to valanore so that they can be reborn in middle earth, i say that as a point of comparison. So god created the world knowing everything, he created the cultural isolation of the hibdus, he engineered the circumstances of their deaths in ignorance of revelation and then he created the penalty for this ignorance which is an eternity of consciousness torment in fire. On the other hand your run if the mill serial killer in America who spent his life raping and torturing children need only come to jesus on death row and after a final meal of fried chicken he's going to spend an eternity in heaven. If anything is clear here is that this is nothing but an immoral system

That is god I bet you know the story of marry and baby Jesus.

For goodness sake. You believe in VIRGIN BIRTH. WTF is wrong with you, we're in 2017 and you believe that a woman can get pregnant with a boy without having sex, you defenetly missed sex ed in school.

Marry had Jesus and he died on the cross so we could connect to him again.

Again. There is no historical proof that jesus even existed. You could say the same about harry potter and it would appear just as true

Baby Jesus was god in human flesh he wanted to go through all the pain that we went through because he loves us now thatā€™s a good god.

"Harry potter got saved by his mom and she died to let him survive and kill voldimorte, now that's an amazing mom." She also died to save us from pain, both statements are equal. By the way "He loves". I'll just quote a wise man for this.

"When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!"-George Carlin

The devil on the other hand comes only when your at your worst or when life is bad.
    He used to be one of Godā€™s angels and he thought he was better or more powerful than god and he turned into the devil also known as the father of lies or lord of lies.

WRONG. Lord of the flies, not lord of lies. Beelzebub means lord of the flies not lord of lies. Anyways, do i really have to repeat this, the same can be said about voldimort

"Voldimort on the other hand comes only when your at your worst or when life is bad.
    He used to be one of Hoggwarts best students named Tom Elvis Jedusor and he thought he was better or more powerful than Hoggwarts and he turned into Voldimort also known as the one who's name shall not be spoken."

Anyways god can just get rid of the devil so your point that if god exists evil is not caused by god but by the devil is invalid.

God has been though what you what we all have been through

HARRY POTTER too. Stop talking about god as if we think he's realer than harry potter, we don't.

he has suffered like we have.

I'll cover this with a quote in a sec

he has been tempted like we have.

Who cares. There is not any proof that he even existed this is getting boring

He know it all and for that I trust him.

You don't have any good reason to believe he exists, end of story. And the idea that he is omniscient means that praying is pointless since if he always knew that he was gonna pray or not pray and had a plan for you wtf is the point of you praying? Changing his plan? What kind of omniscient god creates a plan that has to be changed because of things he always knew were gonna happen. It sounds stupid

If god didnā€™t love us he wouldnā€™t have died for us. And that is why I love him and trust him.šŸ˜Š

0_1512907360619_077-dawkins-torture-jesus.jpg

• @thestrangest
    U have a point about the whole merry thing I donā€™t understand why that happened and no I didnā€™t miss the sex thing is school I knew what sex was in first grade. Itā€™s a religion we believe in crazy things like a book thatā€™s just part of what we do. To us itā€™s normal just like you not believing in god is normal for you. Thatā€™s just what we do and right now thatā€™s all the proof I have of why I believe in god. You think what you want and I do the same. šŸ™‚

• Watch Anime Eyes

@thestrangest
    U have a point about the whole merry thing I donā€™t understand why that happened and no I didnā€™t miss the sex thing is school I knew what sex was in first grade. Itā€™s a religion we believe in crazy things like a book thatā€™s just part of what we do.

1st you admit that you have no proof or good reason to believe what you do
    2nd you admit that part of religion is believing crazy things that go against science and are by definition impossible

What's next. You don't sound like a good debater

To us itā€™s normal just like you not believing in god is normal for you.

Believing in virgin birth is never normal. You should have learned in sex ed that virgin birth of a boy is impossible

Thatā€™s just what we do and right now thatā€™s all the proof I have of why I believe in god.

All the proof? You provided 0 proof. What are you talking about. I think you need to know the definition of proof:

"evidence sufficient to establish a thing as true, or to produce belief in its truth."

You think what you want and I do the same. šŸ™‚

Ok. I'll stick with science and reason and you stick to faith (belief without evidence/good reason)

Just wanted to say that scientific research has shown that a believer on average has an IQ 7 points lower than a non-believer. 1 thing that could be a reason is the lack of critical reasoning in a believers brain caused by faith (belief without evidence/good reason, usually accompanied by discouragement of critical reasoning/Criticism)

So what you believe is literally harming you but k

• @thestrangest
    How come you have to snapshot everything šŸ˜‚ and ok i mean I was trying to be nice about everything šŸ˜‚ u people are funny you take a conversation so seriously šŸ˜‚ I have one question though what made you believe what you believe. I told you what made me believe what I believed and you making it a big deal.šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ why do you feel the extensive need for proof. šŸ˜‚

• @thestrangest
    Because you were questioning me. I have some questions for you.1.) Have you ever asked yourself what if you were wrong and what if there was a heaven and hell. 2.) what happens if you die and what proof of belief do you have. 3.) conclusion and last but not least if a human is just a process of random Chemical process over millions of years then how a nonbeliever be so sure there atheism properly represents reality.