• How does an illegal Mexican immigrant become a US Citizen?

  • uhmm..buy legal documents from the black market?

  • The path to (naturalized) citizenship in the U.S. is a long one. The person should return to Mexico, and apply for LEGAL immigrant status. If that's granted, then the person can enter the U.S. After a certain amount of time (in years, 8-10?) the person can then start the process of becoming a naturalized citizen. It involves taking history classes, English, if that's necessary, and the person would have to renounce their Mexican citizenship and any allegiance to that country. There could be other assimilation requirements, but that's speculation on my part, based on what little I know. Do a web search for the most current and correct information.

  • why did they want be, that's lame

    1. Move back to Mexico. if you voluntarily self-deport, the 3 and 10 year time bars do not apply.

    2. Apply for a for a legal immigration visa at the US Embassy. There are many categories under which you can apply. It helps if you are educated and/or have a valuable skill. Another method is to apply as a legal guest worker, then later adjust to legal resident status.

    3. Wait your turn in line for the visa, just like everyone else in the world does. Some Filipinos wait 22 years for an F4 family immigration visa.

    4. Once you have the visa, move to the US.

    5. After 5 years of living in the US, if you have not committed any crimes or used welfare, you can apply for US Citizenship. But first you have to ask yourself what you feel in your heart, are you an American or a Mexican?

    6. Take and pass the Citizenship test.

    7. Be sworn in as as US Citizen. Be sure to renounce all allegiance to Mexico, and dont plan on later applying for dual Mexican-US citizenship, otherwise you could loose your US citizenship.

    The Diversity Immigrant Visa lottery does not apply to Mexicans, so no, you cannot go back home and apply for a workers visa, this is a lie.

    In addition, #7 is not completely true. Its actually very difficult to lose your US citizenship once obtained, short of committing treason. Basically, the only way you can lose it is to voluntarily renounce it, which is a complicated procedure.

    In Afroyim v. Rusk, the US Supreme Court declared that you cannot automatically lose your citizenship by doing something a citizen of a foreign country would do (in Afroyims case, he moved to Israel and voted in their elections); in 1980, because of the Afroyim verdict, President Carter ended the treaties that made naturalizing in a foreign country an automatic loss of citizenship event.

  • Here we go, again.

By using TalkWithStranger, you are accepting our privacy and usage terms . You must be 18+ or 13+ with parental permission to use our online chatting site.