• @θ‘€ζΆ²-酔っ said in Conversations...:

what is a conversation?

That's what I'm trying to figure out πŸ˜‚

• hmu and find out

• I have the conversational skills of a half empty bottle of ranch dressing so i wouldn't know

• You start to listen. To really listen. It's not as easy as it sounds. If you do that, people will tell you the most amazing things. You know that having someone who listens to what you say is actually a pretty rare thing, a luxury even? That's the reason why people CRAVE it like crazy. Only that most people cannot truly listen. They only listen until there is a moment when the idea that just popped into their head fits into the conversation and then they spout it out!

Now I sound like I know what I'm talking about don't I? :sweat_smile: But the truth is, I'm also having a hard time making conversations like that happen. I've had a few though like this, so I know that what I wrote up there is real. But it is kinda hard, especially for someone like me :joy:

• @petrapark3r hell the what

• @OliveOlivia
    It's not that hard to have an actual conversation. The hard part is finding someone who actually wants to hear what you have to say and really does listen to the context of what you are trying to convey.
    Then of course for it to be an actual conversation you in turn need to do the same thing in return for them. I've had conversations that were so profound that some lasted a few days before any resolvement came about. Usually those were extremely saturated with copious amounts of alcohol. But some subjects bring about strong feelings and opinions and those generate the best conversations I think.

@petrapark3r hell the what

Active listening, but more than that, empathic listening. It's a skill. It's like the color blue. If you've never seen it yourself, nobody can explain it to you :shrug:

• @petrapark3r he ho caprain jack im iliteritare

@petrapark3r he ho caprain jack im iliteritare

That's nice. Maybe you should bcome antiiliteritare then, but that's obviously your choice. However you don't need to read... :joy: You need to see it happen! :open_mouth:

• @Cunt-Fistula ranch dressing really speaks to me sometimes, "Put me on your pizza" it says

• @petrapark3r But how exactly are supposed to listen and know what to say when the person youre having a conversation with says simple things like Yeah, okay, me too, and short stuff like that?

• @wet-teri Why do you think alcohol makes it easier for people to communicate?

• I'm okay, don't worryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• @OliveOlivia said in Conversations...:

@petrapark3r But how exactly are supposed to listen and know what to say when the person youre having a conversation with says simple things like Yeah, okay, me too, and short stuff like that?

If somebody doesn't want to have a conversation with you, you won't have a conversation with them :shrug:...

But if they actually would, then you need to start with right state of mind, like being completely open to the other, and completely accepting. Then you listen mostly and you speak a few words every now and then when your heart tells you to, to show your appreciation. But not like a robot. Not just mirroring. But it helps to use your own words to show what you understood. And then you just watch them open up and blossom in front of your eyes... Well maybe there are some hard passages, where it seems that the conversation drifts off and becomes mundane. Try to somehow guide it back to a more meaningful path.

Meaningful is not serious btw...

Well, that's the best I can do in such a short timeframe. Cheers

• @OliveOlivia pm me and youll know what a real conversation is

• @Leoweirdo said in Conversations...:

@OliveOlivia pm me and youll know what a real conversation is

pm me and ill teach you how to be less creepy.

@wet-teri Why do you think alcohol makes it easier for people to communicate?
    I wouldn't say communicate. But I will say that alcohol does seem to open people up and make them say things that they probably wouldn't if they weren't a little bit on the tipsy side. As for communicating with alcohol it's probably not very helpful for getting the point across.

• @OliveOlivia in my opinion most meaningful conversations are triggered by key situations: an event, a remark, an action. starting a conversation without that or not knowing the person you are trying to reach to, can be very hard. thats way finding someone realy special in an random chat, is harder than finding a needle in a haystack.

Is it easy for you to have a conversation?

Yes and no.
    It's very easy to have deep and meaningfull with certain people and the conversations can vary and cross different subject and never get boring but no, that's not common and I often find my conversations be about the weather or what they are doing... :shrug:
    Let's say that I rather have a small group of different interests and I go to them whenver I wanna have a conversation I want and have it right there... Wanna talk about sports - gym buddies, wanna talk about work - work buddies, wanna talk about life - closest friends but someone that can have all that + weather talks are very very rare and should be treasured...