Depression and anti-social issues. We all need help.

• Watch Anime Eyes

@sir-devil said in Depression and anti-social issues. We all need help.:

@thestrangest said in Depression and anti-social issues. We all need help.:

THAT'S THE ONLY ANTI E.S.C. RESEARCH ANSWERS AND ITS RELIGIOUS=EVERYONE WHO WAS AGAINST STEM CELL RESEARCH WAS USING RELIGIOUS LOGIC

THEY ARE RELIGIOUS STATEMENTS

NO FUCKING WAY FOR SECULAR MORALITY TO OPPOSE ESC RESEARCH BECAUSE YOU PRIMARILY NEED TO BELIEVE THE A EMRYO IS A SACRED LIFE FORM WITH A SOUL TO OPPOSE ESC RESEARCH THEREFORE THE ETHICS WAS RELIGIOUS. FUUUUUUUCK. HOW IS THIS NO CLEAR TO YOU

How many times should I repeat? We are talking about a period almost 20 years ago.

17 but m'kay

Back then, it wasn't a widespread knowledge that the embryo can't be considered to be life.

Oh but it was as evidenced from what Sam Harris wrote in chapter 7 of the end of faith in 2003

Back then, in this context, Secular ethics is not much different from Religious ethics.

But it is as evidenced from the sam harris book

Can't you see the point?!

No i can't

Back then, almost everyone thought that the embryo was just a tiny form of the baby and thus, killing it would be similar to killing a baby.

NO. America is 80% religious people and those are practically the only people that believed that and made scientists listen to their bullshit and obey their superstition when they resulted in the ban of government funding.... as evidenced in the sam harris book

I will repeat again, it was not a widespread knowledge that embryo can't be considered to be a baby.

Amongst scientists and secularists it definitely was

To have that thought, one doesn't need to think that baby has a soul

But religious people did and that's why the ban was passed as evidenced of the description of both sides you watched and the "sacred gift from our creator" comment from G. Bush

he just needs to look at that as a tiny baby.

And still think that it has a soul. Religious people thought all simple forms of human life have souls from embryos to even some religious people thinking that sperm and eggs have souls today.

He thinks that the embryo is a life because of religious reasons like he said "sacred gift from our creator" and the ethics he was holding are religious ethics. Or did you mean burrow of ethics, yeah they also believed it was sacred life and should be preserved because of religious reasons since that's not what scientists stood for at the time and they're not scientists.

Like I said, I don't have anything on bush's statement

I'll just understand this as you agreeing with me because you wrote that badly

Do your own research please. It is very known among secularists and scientists that the reason for the ban of funding stem cell research is strictly religious. I was only explaining this to you, it has always been proven

I have shown you stuff that proved my point that ban was not strictly due to religion. Here's more

NO YOU HAVEN'T

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2726839/
    http://www.pewforum.org/2008/07/17/stem-cell-research-at-the-crossroads-of-religion-and-politics/

What are these links and how do they prove what you said. If you don't quote the parts you are referencing as i did then they don't prove shit because i won't bother opening them

• @thestrangest said in Depression and anti-social issues. We all need help.:

@sir-devil i just finished reading the whole liliad. Oh man that was some messed up shit at the end. Those are definitely some feels. I didn't know you only sent me the 1st to 3rd chapter out of like 7 or 8 but now that I'm done i get what you were talking about

It was my first 4chan feels thread

• If anyone has figured out how not to be an anti social depressive shithead, let me know. I’m not very good at subsidizing my depression 🤨

• @megatron well I am anti but not depressed. People are fucked up always backstabbing and shit. Erm I’m waffling on about fuck all helpful so just smoke weed..... advice of a true good person.....

• @megatron how about you get it diagnosed first to find out if you are truly depressed

• @thestrangest i have been diagnosed by many doctors, don’t act like you know everything. How fucking rude.

• @thestrangest i’ve been in psychwards many times and every doctor has said I have major depression and Bipolar 1 disorder, don’t assume i’ve never been diagnosed.

• Watch Anime Eyes

@megatron said in Depression and anti-social issues. We all need help.:

@thestrangest i have been diagnosed by many doctors, don’t act like you know everything. How fucking rude.

Sorry i forgot i was talking to you, thought you were a random teenager

• @meth follow me i wanna tell you something in chat

• I've been through it a lot and its a tough experienced. When your depressed you feel lost, you'll become a silent type of person, you can sleep like 12 hours straight without eating or just sleep inside your dark room, and when you tried to talk to someone you feel worst. I mean they don't understand you or either way. But its not helping you at all. The only thing that can help you is you yourself. You have to be strong and stand on your own feet. If your depressed you can go for a walk, drink, jog or exercise, watch movie, or write something in your diaries. Try to do those things that you think will make you fine even though drinking is bad or going to club is bad but doing it is a first step for me. Many people judge me for being a bad girl. Yes I am but actually they don't know I'm depressed. I rather drink and go clubbing than lacking myself inside the room and think about killing myself. Well, as time passes by when maybe your used in doing those bad things you'll realied something worth like I am lost, I have to change, I mean I have to value myself... And those thoughts will awaken you and maybe you'll find your way out of depression. But to tell you honestly depression don't come once. It is in us already. You might be depressed again but you know what to do when it happen next time around. We have to live with it but we must learn to adjust. For as time passes by you'll get stronger ever than before.

Your soul might be weak but strong enough to withstand depression.

• @oasis wow deep feelings

• @r0din Yap. hehe

• @oasis yes,depression didnt come at once..for 2 years owing to change of surrounding,moving away from friends ,no internet (yes,that can happen) & hence no people to talk with ,No phone ..no way to share things ...just basic human interaction ..(No i wasnt in juvenile prison ,but sometimes i felt like i was )...I crashed,fell into a deep depression

i was always so tired ...sleep for 14 hours straight ,yet dont want to get out of bed

...food started to lose its taste ,i started eating spicier food just so that i could enjoy eating

..I didnt care how i looked ,didnt take care of keeping fit anymore..

Started to have low confidence,couldnt even do things that I was doing handily just some months ago,just doubts everywhere...even where i was sure i was right,i got others to double check my results..

Dealing with other people was the worst,especially relatives, people I knew ... offers of help seemed to worsen things for me.

Its only when people left me alone ,i got to retreat in my own room(seems different from yours..i just wanted people to leave me alone) ,got onto the internet(a few years later & i had it then) & worked on what i loved ,talked with new people ,that i started to get back to how i was..

The more I did what i loved -(game creation,stock market,AI,machine learning application ) ,
    Collaborated on projects & talked with people halfway across the world whom i didnt even know ..the more i felt better.
    Strange how people who dont know you,can understand you better .

Its been a few years ,but I'm okay ...I have managed to work things out,get fit...but the most scariest thing for me in depression was the hit to my self confidence & self-respect.

Now,I joke,i shitpost ....now i cant even fathom how i was ever that quiet,inconfident person ...it's like a cloud of suffering was on me.

• @stranger_danger I understand that feeling you felt before. Its so hard. I've been depressed last few months and still in the process of regaining myself again. But Im doing great now. And I'm happy to hear that your doing well because its really not easy to be depressed. Its like hell

• @oasis that's right never give up

• @R0DIN hehe

• Watch Anime Eyes

@thestrangest said in Depression and anti-social issues. We all need help.:

@megatron said in Depression and anti-social issues. We all need help.:

@thestrangest i have been diagnosed by many doctors, don’t act like you know everything. How fucking rude.

Sorry i forgot i was talking to you, thought you were a random teenager

Hey the people who disliked my statement
    1st must be blind not to not realise that a lot of teens just diagnose themselves with depression as if it's just a synonym for sadness
    2nd can suck my dick :)

• Watch Anime Eyes

@oasis said in Depression and anti-social issues. We all need help.:

I've been through it a lot and its a tough experienced.

Experience*

When your depressed you feel lost,

You're*

you'll become a silent type of person, you can sleep like 12 hours straight without eating or just sleep inside your dark room, and when you tried to talk to someone you feel worst.

Try* worse*

I mean they don't understand you or either way.

wouldn't understand you either way*?

But its not helping you at all. The only thing that can help you is you, yourself. You have to be strong and stand on your own feet. If your depressed you can go for a walk

You're*

drink, jog or exercise, watch movie

watch a movie*/watch movies*

or write something in your diaries. Try to do those things that you think will make you fine even though drinking is bad or going to club is bad but doing it is a first step for me. Many people judge me for being a bad girl. Yes I am but actually they don't know I'm depressed.

Hm interesting

I rather drink and go clubbing than lacking myself inside the room and think about killing myself.

Locking*

myself inside my/a room*

Well, as time passes by when maybe your used in doing those bad things you'll realied something worth like I am lost,

You're used to*
    realise*
    worse*
    "i am lost"*

I have to change, I mean I have to value myself... And those thoughts will awaken you and maybe you'll find your way out of depression.

You will awake*

or

Will wake you up*

But to tell you honestly depression don't come once.

Doesn't*

It is in us already. You might be depressed again but you know what to do when it happen next time around.

Happens*?

We have to live with it but we must learn to adjust. For as time passes by you'll get stronger ever than before.

Than ever before*?

Your soul might be weak but strong enough to withstand depression.

Well I'm just trying to help other people understand what you're saying, if you want to then edit your post fixing up the grammatical and orthographical mistakes and I'll delete this one

0_1522599717173_Its-really-not-that-hard.jpg

• Watch Anime Eyes

@oasis good to hear that you've been getting better but you have to understand that going on a walk, watching a movie, exercising... won't always cure depression like you said. Depression is caused by a hormonal imbalance in the brain and it comes in various degrees(major depression, functional depression, dysthymia, post partum depression, seasonal affective disorder, clinical depressing...), exercise might help with some forms of depression but not all of them. The most important thing for a truly depressed person to get better is to seek a professional

• its good to feel sad you let it out but not forever theres a thought of sadness and being lonely its okay if your ever being sad just let it out its not ok to have it keeping on and on at that point its hard im not trying to be edgy or i cant really help much but if u need some help i got u proxi#2493