Depression and anti-social issues. We all need help.

• Watch Anime Eyes

@sir-devil DIDN'T YOU READ THE G. BUSH SPEACH. DIDN'T HE SAY THAT THE REASONS HE'S BANNING FUNDING ARE RELIGIOUS ONES

"The speech began with a description of stem cell research and the debate surrounding it. It pointed to ethical concerns pondered by scientists and by parents who want to help their children, or who want to have children; recognized widespread religious debate; and noted that there is disagreement even between people sharing the same faith. Bush described the current state of stem cell research by identifying the source of embryos preferred by scientists, namely excess embryos left over after couples attempt in vitro fertilization (IVF). Some of these extra embryos are frozen, he said, some implanted in mothers, and some donated to science for research."
    "In considering these ethical concerns, Bush continued, two key ethical questions must be addressed. First, do embryos qualify as human life, and second, if embryos are going to be destroyed anyway why shouldn’t they be used for the greater good?"
    The answer to the first question for a religious person is yes and for an atheist no
    "Regarding the first question, he said, one scientist had told him that a five-day-old cluster is not even a real embryo, but is actually a pre-embryo, not deserving to be called life because it cannot develop on its own. On the other hand, an ethicist with whom Bush had spoken argued that because all human life has humble beginnings, embryos deserve protection as what the ethicist referred to as the seeds of the next generation."
    "It is important to note that the desire to protect human life as cited by Bush would not be an issue if some did not think embryos qualify as a type of human life."
    These are just religious reasons masked behind in secular vocabulary

https://embryo.asu.edu/pages/president-george-w-bushs-announcement-stem-cells-9-august-2001

• Watch Anime Eyes

@sir-devil said in Depression and anti-social issues. We all need help.:

@thestrangest said in Depression and anti-social issues. We all need help.:

Yes there's also secular morality but it's not the one we're talking about in this case. The US is 80% religious. The burrow was full of religious people

This is also a fallacy. You are just generalizing people and showing unrelated data to make it easier to attack.

No it is a strong argument

Let us assume that US population was 80% religious back then but does it mean that the doctors and professors that supported it were religious; No

The scientists are 60% religious. The doctors are just dumbasses and in any case I wasn't talking about the doctors but on the bewrrow of ethics which is definitely basing their conclusion on the idea that an embryo is a human person and should be researched upon which is a religious view and the only one that was ever used against stem cell research along with the others that say all stem stem cells even pre-emryonic are not to be researched upon which is also a religious one

• @thestrangest No, he said that religious reasons were one of the reasons along with ethical concerns of scientist and the concern of parents. Note that, he mentioned the ethical concerns first, usually, it is due to having a higher priority which is also supported by the article I cited.

btw ethics =/= religion

an ethicist

ethicist, not someone religious

• @sir-devil said in Depression and anti-social issues. We all need help.:

@thestrangest No, he said that religious reasons were one of the reasons along with ethical concerns of scientist and the concern of parents. Note that, he mentioned the ethical concerns first, usually, it is due to having a higher priority which is also supported by the article I cited.

btw ethics =/= religion

an ethicist

ethicist, not someone religious

FORGET THAT look at what he said next

• @thestrangest said in Depression and anti-social issues. We all need help.:

The answer to the first question for a religious person is yes and for an atheist no

I can't find this statement in the article.

• @sir-devil and the following statement uses the word 'Ethicist".

• Watch Anime Eyes

@thestrangest said in Depression and anti-social issues. We all need help.:

I can't find this statement in the article.

Watch this video i already sent you:

That's the 4th(out of 4) horsemen of neo-atheism. A PhD in neurology and Bachlors in philosophy

• @thestrangest

which is definitely basing their conclusion on the idea that an embryo is a human person and should be researched upon which is a religious view

No, not at all. Why is it religious? There wasn't a widespread knowledge about it back then. There assumed it was a life because they didn't know.

Regarding the first question, he said, one scientist

note that it says, one scientist. It shows that it wasn't a widespread knowledge and something that was found recently.

• @thestrangest just to see what it got. I'm going to watch it

• Watch Anime Eyes

@thestrangest

which is definitely basing their conclusion on the idea that an embryo is a human person and should be researched upon which is a religious view

No, not at all. Why is it religious? There wasn't a widespread knowledge about it back then. There assumed it was a life because they didn't know.

Regarding the first question, he said, one scientist

note that it says, one scientist. It shows that it wasn't a widespread knowledge and something that was found recently.

THE VIDEO I JUST MENTIONED WAS MADE BEFORE THE BAN WAS LIFTED. BY A SCIENTIST. THE GUY SPEAKING IS A SCIENTIST

• @thestrangest said in Depression and anti-social issues. We all need help.:

Watch this video i already sent you:

That's the 4th(out of 4) horsemen of neo-atheism. A PhD in neurology and Bachlors in philosophy

Btw, this has no relevance in here. We are talking about Bush's speech and the reason he bans the funds.

• @thestrangest

THE VIDEO I JUST MENTIONED WAS MADE BEFORE THE BAN WAS LIFTED. BY A SCIENTIST. THE GUY SPEAKING IS A SCIENTIST

Not when, the ban was implemented, right? So, no relevance.

• @thestrangest What he says is true? But why shows it as an evidence that Bush banned it due to religious reasons when it was made years after the bush's speech.

• @sir-devil If you are not showing it as a evidence, then why to show it at all, you are just sidetracking the argument.

@thestrangest What he says is true? But why shows it as an evidence that Bush banned it due to religious reasons when it was made years after the bush's speech.

Because nothing changed in ideologies of both sides from this speach and the Bush one. DUH

• @sir-devil the scientist in the video describes the ideologies of both sides

• @thestrangest You can't use the ideologies discussed in his speech as an argument that Bush banned it due to religious reason,

@thestrangest What he says is true? But why shows it as an evidence that Bush banned it due to religious reasons when it was made years after the bush's speech.

Lol no. The speech of G. Bush was in 2001 and this one in 2006

@thestrangest You can't use the ideologies discussed in his speech as an argument that Bush banned it due to religious reason,

Oh but i can