• Watch Anime Eyes

@elayne said in Science and God:

Sciences proves that we are too complex to have randomly evolved so guess someone has a hand in it thinks

Bullshit. Evolutionary biology has prooved a long time ago that humans evolved from dead species of apes and that all life has evolved from a common ancestral microscopic life form. Pick up a science textbook for fucks sake and don't make up shit, say that's and act like you know stuff because you are clearly uneducated and scientifically illiterate

• If you believe in God you will feel that when you escape from the dengerous you will say thank God

• As an agnostic, I prefer to believe in science but there's nothing wrong at all with believing God.

• @shannonc41 that's right...

• @chandru-gowda said in Science and God:

If you believe in God you will feel that when you escape from the dengerous you will say thank God

Bullshit. So when you don't escape what do you do? Do you say fuck god "fuck god"?

• @shannonc41 said in Science and God:

As an agnostic, I prefer to believe in science but there's nothing wrong at all with believing God.

I dare to disagree

• Science is based on proof and the scientific process. So yes, we all evolved from the Neanderthal right after the dinosaurs. But with religion, I feel the answer lies in not a single yes or no, but are there signs of a "God" or "Creator". Studies show that in ancient cultures, tribes, or what have you, there are strange coincidences. For example, cultures on opposites sides of the earth have a "Great Flood Story" among other similar tales....yet thousands of miles away with no youtube. All in all, there may not be a man in flowing white robes looking down from the heavens, but I believe there is a master plan, that we are a small part of. As if our generation was nothing but 3 seconds on a 15-billion year time line. I can't explain God, and if we could, then He wouldn't be. All I know is that those who tend to lack morals, values, and ethics, usually lack God "or some form of" in their life. my 2 cents...

• I believe that science and God go hand in hand. God created science, he created an explaination for everything and he created the Big Bang.

• Science there is no god but there is some sort of higher power

• @meg99 yeah....that I was saying all the time in this topic

• Science
    My religion has unfortunately been forced on me

• @sammy I have a question for you, is it a must and should for all science believers to be atheist or can scientists too believe in God? Curious to know your reply

• Watch Anime Eyes

@vee-dubb said in Science and God:

Science is based on proof and the scientific process. So yes, we all evolved from the Neanderthal right after the dinosaurs.

Good. You are not a retarded creationist

But with religion, I feel the answer lies in not a single yes or no, but are there signs of a "God" or "Creator".

If signs=evidence then no

Studies show that in ancient cultures, tribes, or what have you, there are strange coincidences.

There is no reason to think they are anything other than coincidence

For example, cultures on opposites sides of the earth have a "Great Flood Story" among other similar tales....yet thousands of miles away with no youtube.

That's probably for the same reason every culture has tails of dragons ; dragons are a mix of snakes, dangerous 4 legged attackers like lions and other dangerous animals. So it is normal for people to tell stories about monsters that resemble the animals they are GENETICALLY configured to fear. Same with natural disasters like floods. Last time i checked you don't need any technology or YouTube to fear natural disasters.

All in all, there may not be a man in flowing white robes looking down from the heavens

There most likely isn't

but I believe there is a master plan, that we are a small part of.

So you believe that that plan was created by god, other more advanced humans or aliens. I really don't think thay there is any good reason to believe any such plan exists. The idea that nothing exists for a purpose makes more sense

As if our generation was nothing but 3 seconds on a 15-billion year time line.

You're off. The big bang happened 13.5 billion years ago and we don't know if there was anything before that

I can't explain God, and if we could, then He wouldn't be god.

This is just a bullshit. You don't just get to believe in unicorns and say "no need for evidence of their existence because if there was any then they wouldn't be unicorns anymore"

All I know is that those who tend to lack morals, values, and ethics, usually lack God "or some form of" in their life. my 2 cents...

BULLSHIT. "All you know" is bullshit. The research and studies show the exact opposite to be true

Extra vid:

• Watch Anime Eyes

@meg99 said in Science and God:

I believe that science and God go hand in hand.
    BULLSHIT
    Science&Philosophy:
    Evidence/good reasons 1st then believe.
    Religion:
    Belief 1st then proof, believe then find a good reason/justification if you feel like it.
    Scientists+Philosophers:
    74%Atheist/Agnostic(if i remember correctly also 93% of ELITE scientists are atheist.
    Religion: Studied 7 point average drop in IQ compared to atheists

I see a pretty big difference

God created science

Bullshit, there isn't any proof god exists, most scientists are atheist and we have historical proof that everything science was created by man and not an invisible man in the sky.

he created an explaination for everything

Bullshit. There is not a single religion that explains everything not taking into account that the vast majority of religions directly contradict scientific fact

and he created the Big Bang.

Bullshit argument from ignorance"we don't know therefore x must be true". Noone knows what happened before the big bang or if there was anything at all before the big bang. Not knowing doesn't mean you have the right to make up shit. It just means we wait until we know or we accept that we'll never know

• @scott-xaiver
    I hate the term "higher power". It seems like just a Bullshit way of saying that you believe without any evidence or good reason that there is something out there that has control over basically most/all the universe

• @lucky9 said in Science and God:

@sammy I have a question for you, is it a must and should for all science believers to be atheist or can scientists too believe in God?
    Curious to know your reply

Depends. If a guy with a physics degree believes the earth is under 10 thousand years old as Christianity claims as opposed to what science says which is that the earth is 4.5 billion years old then i do not think they should be allowed to teach physics but if he somehow manages to justify his baseless belief in god without contradicting what science says and having the belief get in the way of science research then why shouldn't he be a scientist, i think he should be able to.

• @Lucky9 Science cannot answer all questions in this world. That's where religion comes in. Those unexplained things, we rely on faith/God.