Can Islam really teach ethics to anyone ? Think again.

• In the Koran and Islam, you can see the umpteen amount of intolerance towards women and other religions. People who think Quran is the word of God, also think that humans cannot decide what ethics are and only their holy book can decide them. But they often omit the Koran is word of humans so their claim still contradicts themselves.

I do not think I have to prove that they are not the words of God because it contains a lot of contradictions, absurdities, inconsistencies, errors already. God would not commit such mistakes like humans since he is supposed to be an intelligent being. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_Quran#:~:text=The most common criticisms%2, concern,evidence%20%22disturbing%20and%20offensive%22.

Who can teach us ethics ? The one who himself married, 6 years old Saudi Arabian girl Aishah and slept with her when she was 9 years old ? Or the one who had 13 wives ?

Sources - 1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aisha
    2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wives_of_Muhammad

The median age of puberty is declining in Saudi Arabia, so it means the median age of Saudi Arabian's girls' for puberty was higher than now. It was 11 to 14 between 2006 to 2012.

Source- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4673370/

The median age of their puberty was 12 years in Saudi Arabia (2013)

Source - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23640021/

That concludes to 'Aishah was a child and Muhammad raped her'.

To argue for or against such arguments, you have to follow some rules otherwise you will be disqualified-

1. You cannot abuse anyone. People who abuse, lack rational arguments. You cannot argue like this -

Screenshot_2023-07-11_06-38-25.png

1. You cannot cite an unauthentic website especially which lacks any reference. Encylopedias and research websites bring more weightage of evidence to other websites. Do not assert w/o evidence.

• I think you should learn about islam from someone knowledgeable, you will get all answers you need and many more.

• @ODIN said in Can Islam really teach ethics to anyone ? Think again.:

I think you should learn about islam from someone knowledgeable, you will get all answers you need and many more.

Why should I learn from them, Ragnar? Sunnis, Shias and other sub-denominations Ahmadiyya, Alawi, Druze, Hanafi, Ismaili, Jafari, Kharijite, Maliki, Shafi, Sufi, Wahabi, Zaidi interpret the Koran in their own ways. None of them interpret every book like Quran though. Even though, their prophets are different. Who is correct or incorrect among them? Btw, I myself read what is written in the Koran. I do not interpret them. I use individual sources.

• I understand your point, perhaps you have learned alot from different legit sources about islam and koran itself. And you came to conclude about how intolerant the quran and islam is toward women and other religions. Thats a good step toward knowing the truth about islamic religion.

If you wont mind perhaps i would share how i understand islam, koran and different sources describing about this religion

• Koran itself is the word of Allah (God) revealed to the prothet Muhammad (pbuh) through angel gabriel. This is what we Muslims believe. It is a sacred text containing divine truth, metaphysics, practical injuctions aimed at general walfare of human beings, society and the environment in which we live

• Quran is one amongst few sacred holy books which was revealed to prophets before prophet Muhammad (pbuh) i.e torah, injeel, zaboor., since we believe before prophet Muhammad there was many more prophets before him like issa (a.s)/ (jesus) , Mussa (a.s)/ Moses , ibraheem (a.s), Noah (a.s) , ismaeel (a.s) and many more, each of them had a way to talk to God him self through reveleations or many more other ways.

So we believe after jesus / issa (a.s) we had Muhammad (pbuh) as the last messanger. Hence God gave us everything we need to understand as human beings in the Qur-an / koran since it is the only revelation that remained intact for 1400 years, no one ever tried to change a word from it.

• If you dont have knowledge about islam or how the book was revealed then it might be difficult to grasp each and every thing about Quran it self, it is basically speech from The Creator himself. You need someone who understand about Quran well to teach you what it means in each and every verse.

• @ODIN everyone is illiterate about something unless he/she is ready to learn something new

• Every verse in the Koran was revealed due to some circumstances, either it was a command, teaching or warn about something. Koran answers everyting we know and everything we are about to discorver. Ill give you a good example.

Mind you Koran was revealed 1400 years ago.

1.The theory of the origin of the universe is one of the most noteworthy scientific things mentioned in the Quran. Until 100 years ago, it was believed that the universe has no creator and has always existed. But Albert Einstein, during his field equations study, challenged this belief when he presented the theory that the universe is an expanding force that is growing like a balloon. Later, a mathematician and Belgian priest proposed that this expansion must have begun from an initial and dense point.
    The holy book of the Quran which came into existence centuries before the uncovering of the Big Bang theory details this idea. The text states that “do not the disbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were a closed-up mass (Ratqan), then we opened them out?” (Quran 21:31). The word Ratqan used in the text hints at darkness and closed up mass. This is exactly how the universe must have looked before the big bang happened

1. Oceanic Division

The meeting of two oceans is termed conflux. When two seas meet, their waters retain individual properties like temperature, color, and density. At a point of conflux, one can see two different water bodies running side by side. Even though this discovery is recent, the holy Quran informed the readers about this phenomenon in its 55:19-20 passage. The scientific fact in Quran is stated as “he released the two seas, meeting [side by side], between them, is a barrier [so] neither of them transgresses.”

1. Embryology
      Embryology is a branch of biology concerned with the study of fertilization and embryo development. The central religious text, at one point, talks about embryology and states a significant scientific fact in Quran. It says, “We created man from an extract of clay. Then we made him as a drop in a place of settlement, firmly fixed. Then we made the drop into an Alaqah (blood clot), then we made the Alaqah into a Mudghah…” (Quran 23:12-14)

Here the word ‘Alaqah’ can be defined as a leech, blood clot, or something suspended in the air. According to science, a foetus gets nutrients and oxygen from the mother. In this sense, it is not unlike a leech that sucks blood. Also, in the early stages, the foetus stays stationary and the blood does not flow, which renders it similar to a blood clot. Lastly, in the womb, the baby hangs from the uterus wall by the placenta and lies suspended.

1. Iron Within Meteorites
      According to M.E. Walrath, iron is not an element that was naturally present on Earth. Studies suggest that a billion years ago, a meteorite struck Earth. This meteorite had iron on it, and when it exploded after coming in contact with our planet, Earth got iron. This scientific fact in Quran is stated in passage 57:25 as “we sent down iron with its great inherent strength and its many benefits for humankind”.

• Talking about Quran and intolerence toward woman and other religions, in my point of view, i find Koran is actually shows us how blessed woman is in many ways.
    The Quran, the holy book of Islam, indicates that both men and women are spiritually equal. The Quran states: "Those who do good, whether male or female, and have faith will enter Paradise and will never be wronged; even as much as the speck on a date stone."

• It is very cowardly to cut my words and offer only the words that I was laughing at lol I'm coming to reply .

• This post is deleted!

• In the Koran and Islam, you can see the umpteen amount of intolerance towards women and other religions

Replying to this : "O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have rights over you. Remember that you have taken them as your wives only under Allah's trust and with His permission. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as well as never to be unchaste." Prophet mohammad words before he died in the farewell seremon . https://atida.org/forums/node/2587

• (In the Koran and Islam, you can see the umpteen amount of intolerance towards women and other religions)... Replying to this : Al-Ahzāb: (35) Indeed, the Muslim men and Muslim women, the believing men and believing women, the obedient men and obedient women, the truthful men and truthful women, the patient men and patient women, the humble men and humble women, the charitable men and charitable women, the fasting men and fasting women, the men who guard their private parts and the women who do so, and the men who remember Allāh often and the women who do so - for them Allāh has prepared forgiveness and a great reward. NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN AS ALLAH MENTION THEM BOTH EQUALLY .

• (In the Koran and Islam, you can see the umpteen amount of intolerance towards women and other religions.)... Replying to this : Al noor 2 .The [unmarried] woman or [unmarried] man found guilty of sexual intercourse - lash each one of them with a hundred lashes, and do not be taken by pity for them in the religion of Allah, if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a group of the believers witness their punishment. EQUALITY IN PUNISHMENT FOR COMMITING ADULTERY .

• (In the Koran and Islam, you can see the umpteen amount of intolerance towards women and other religions) replying to this : Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just. MUSLIMS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ATTACK THOSE WHO DO NOT ATTACK THEM BUT ONLY TO FIGHT BACK OR PREPARE FOR A FIGHT IN A WAR OR GHAZWA WHICH MEANS INVADING THOSE WHO ARE WILLING TO INVADE US OR WILLONG TO PUSH US OUT OF OUR HOME AND FIGHT US IN OUR RELIGION .

• ( In the Koran and Islam, you can see the umpteen amount of intolerance towards women and other religions.) Replying to this : Surah al-Baqarah
    190. And fight in Allah’s way those who fight you, but do not commit aggression—Allah does not love the aggressors...Surah al-Baqarah
    191. And kill them wherever you overtake them, and expel them from where they have expelled you. Oppression is more severe than murder. But do not fight them at the Sacred Sanctuary, unless they fight you there. If they fight you, then kill them—such is the payback for the unbelievers.
    MUSLIMS SHALL ONLY FIGHT WHEB OPRESSED AND PUSHED BY VIOLENCE FRON THIER HOMELAND FOR OPRESSION IS MORE SEVERE THAN MURDER AS ALLAH SAID.