Should I tell my friend I’m in love with them? Good idea or bad idea?

• I’ve been secretly madly in love with my best friend for 12 years. It was like love at first sight. We have always been great friends and supported one another while dating other people. I had some jealousy here and there but never a big deal. I always felt it was a one sided love so never thought about it too much. Over this past year, we’ve both been single and really reconnected. We talk almost everyday. They are super busy and I respect that, but I always felt like they carved time out for me. That made me feel special. It made me feel like it was just the two of us. I flew to NY in August to reconnect and although nothing physically happened and I didn’t confess my love, I felt like we might have something. Cut two moths later, I find myself back in NY ready to confess my love, and they tell me they slept with two other people in the last month. Seems to really really like one of them. Looked happy about it. They broke my heart and didn’t even know it. I kept my composure well. Told them I was happy for them, and I’ll always root for them no matter what. The friend side really came out. I left NY without saying a word about my feelings. My gut told me there was something there between us. Now my gut tells me they are falling for the other person and soon will be back in another committed relationship. My question is, do I tell them how I feel or just let it go and be the best supportive friend I can be?

• I actually typed a long message for you. I wrote my whole story that I went through for you to decide what you should do. But damn bro hahaha I made myself cry a bit. And just couldn’t put here. However it looks nice in my notes now hahaha never thought I’ll type all that.

However honestly. Just do whatever feels right in your heart. But all I’m gonna say is. Have no fucking regrets no matter how things turn out. Just stick to it and live it. It may turn out good! I really hope for you. But it may not turn out the way you want. Whatever the case. Own it and live it. But most likely the friendship won’t stay the way it was before.
    If that person says no. Then definitely move on. And never look back.

All the best!

• @elle2022 this is my advice, when you like someone / fall in love that person, just be straightforward and tell that person. You perhaps dealing with broken heart when you expect a good answer / yes button but the reality does not give you good answers. It is better to have that, rather than you pretend to be OK but your heart is not OK :)

I wish you have a good companion and a new person who can make you happy, in every situations you have.