Should people feel guilty for living an ordinary life?

• Someone asked me this today, and I don’t know. And what is ordinary afterall? what makes our life extraordinary?

• Ordinary may have different definition for different people but as per my standards...
    I love living ordinary life and I won't be happy with myself if I will fail to make extraordinary difference for at least one life throughout my life.

• @Pia no people should not feel guilty, but they feel thankful and appreciate what they have. but not guilty

• @Pia they should not feel guilty and I think they should feel happy for what they have and .... Nothing makes your life extraordinary unless you are a freaky teen 🤣🤣🤣 (according to me)

• @Pia said in Should people feel guilty for living an ordinary life?:

Someone asked me this today, and I don’t know. And what is ordinary afterall? what makes our life extraordinary?

No no one should feel guilty for any life they live. ( unless they are a criminal then they should haha). I live a pretty normal life. I am very lucky to have everything I do. What drives me crazy is when people ask "Why aren't you married?" Why do I have to be? I am happy with who I am and if I find the guy that completes me then great right? So why do people "feel sorry" for me or think I should not be happy. Would a man in my life make my life extraordinary? Maybe. But I am happy as is.

• Hun.. I doubt anything about anyone else ordinary or normal. He's just some of us choose to live it more freely than others but I highly doubt anyone here is normal

• There's*

• @Pia since there is no wrong doing in being ordinary, I don't think anyone should feel guilty for it.

But perhaps in your friend's mind an ordinary life means a dull and dreary existence. If so then it is understandable that some negative feelings would be attached to that. Not guilt but perhaps a feeling of dissatisfaction

Dissatisfied feelings could be useful to prompt you to desire change and even make changes that result in a more fulfilling lifestyle.

I hope this makes sense to you.