• OK people I’m about to drop some facts on you real quick

Depression is actually not real and before you cut me up let me state my fax depression is just a state of mind that makes you feel overwhelmed and have anxiety all the time and technically it just isn’t real I know you might say it’s a constant thing but that means that state of mind is happening too often too frequently.. Only way to get rid of that state of mind is trying to have better thoughts trying to put yourself out there trying to have people who care about you better..

656BAE37-716E-41E8-BDE2-66E7A3FF7B17.jpeg

• @Ashes-boba My sweet summer child, you are confusing depression with sadness, feeling down, feeling low, with so many other things. That you refer to it as a state of mind shows how little you understand of the science behind it.

• OK first of all I’m not a child and you should respect me as such
    And second of all I’ve been doing my research about depression and that is what I have figured out depression is just a mental state of mind it is not real and everyone has their different opinions and you can’t change mine

• @Ashes-boba Jolly good. I was about to say carry on in your ignorance, but that would be wrong of me. I'd much rather have an adult conversation and learn why I am wrong, so I'm going to invite you to share your research with the me and the rest of the community so we can learn. Does that sound fair?

Also, I have some free advice - take the stick out of your ass and stop being so defensive. Making assumptions will get you nowhere in life. I didn't have a clue about your age until I looked at your profile and treat everyone with the same respect regardless of age. "My sweet summer child" is a fairly common phrase which has fallen into use thanks to Game Of Thrones which relates to naïvety, not whether one is an actual child or adult. I'm forty and I've taken it from friends in their 20s in the fun and kindly way it is intended without getting so uptight.

Serious question - do you need a hug or something?

• @Matt_Aranha no thank you I do not need a pitty hug
    You know it if you didn’t share my same experience you didn’t have to even respond to it you could’ve just looked at it and you didn’t have to share your opinion but it’s good that you did because hearing others’ opinions gets me more motivated so I can try to share everyone’s experience with other people to see if they share the same thing so I’m also allowed to be uptight and I don’t think I’m ever going to take the stick out of my ass and if I do I’m gonna shove it up yours so can you kindly just leave me alone ^^

• @Ashes-boba I dont usually get angry online, because I am trying to respect everyone's opinion.
    But.. this post doesnt make any sense?!
    Depression ( the mental illness, problem, not the typical deep sadness ) is real, is hard to live with and is untreatable! If someone whos struggling with it sees your post, imagine how they feel.. These people are heroes, you should not underestimate their "state of mind".
    If you want, text me, I study psychology and I can send you many other real scientific papers or many books to read about depression and how REAL it is.
    Think about that.. Words have so much power and you can hurt with them very easily.

• Chocolate Lovers ;) One Woman Army

Ashes is kind of saying "fake it until you make it". Depression sort of underlies the decision making process & I have my doubts that depressed people are super motivated to lie to themselves repeatedly to normalize a "positive" condition when they see all the real problems in their lives which validate their condition to them. That's my take.

• @Ashes-boba said in Depression isn’t real:

@Matt_Aranha no thank you I do not need a pitty hug
    You know it if you didn’t share my same experience you didn’t have to even respond to it you could’ve just looked at it and you didn’t have to share your opinion but it’s good that you did because hearing others’ opinions gets me more motivated so I can try to share everyone’s experience with other people to see if they share the same thing so I’m also allowed to be uptight and I don’t think I’m ever going to take the stick out of my ass and if I do I’m gonna shove it up yours so can you kindly just leave me alone ^^

There you go again making assumptions, this time that a hug would be out of pity. Tut tut.

Unfortunately you couldn't be more wrong, I can't just not respond to an absolute crock of shit. I wouldn't do it if you were saying people of colour have the same opportunities in the west as white folk, nor would I if you said gay and trans people haven't been persecuted, or there are only two sexes. There is a social responsibility to call people out on such bull.

You didn't post to share if people "share the same thing". You posted - as fact - what you effectively admitted was your own opinion, without any evidence-based backup, and expected it to go unchallenged. You dismissed not only science and medicine but literally MILLIONS of people who suffer every day. Now, I've managed to acquire quite a reputation over the years as somebody who goes out of his way to help and listen to others, to show compassion and understanding to strangers and to see all viewpoints whilst changing his own when presented with new information. I'm calm and peace-loving. That said, on behalf of those millions who you are insulting yet aren't here to answer for themselves in person, fuck you most heartily.

What you could have done, since you want to be treated like an adult, is made the thrust and spiel of your topic "I've done some research and this is what I think about it, does anybody feel the same? I'm interested to hear you thoughts. Let's talk about this". You even had a second opportunity to share your "research" evidence when I invited you. But you didn't did you. You created a topic with your mind already made up and closed, unreceptive to adult discussion and debate, only interested in hearing from people who agree with you, sticking your fingers in your ears shouting "la la la la you can't change my mind" like the satsuma in The White House.

They have a word for people who do this. Who aren't interested in facts, don't understand the concept of burden of truth so won't back up their (ludicrous) claims, but still start shit like this without a shred of compassion or empathy.

Troll.

• @Allison Fake it til you make it is a great technique for sure, it can often help especially in less severe cases and where the root causes are subsiding.

• @Ashes-boba Incidentally, I sincerely and truly hope that, if real depression should ever find you, you receive the support you need to get through it quickly, and that you are shown more compassion and love than you currently show those who suffer.

• @Matt_Aranha Ya it's more so for developing a social persona than anything in the cases i've seen it used. Useful for ending certain doubts. Surface level things.

• @a-lost-girl yea u r ryt , depression is not just a state of mind as it doesn't just last for few hours or a day. It can affect the victims mentally as well as physically sometimes when they try to hurt themselves, and this can last for very long period. And according to me what ashes boba mentioned as a solution for this serious problem here is a solution for the demotivated state of mind, not for depression. And hey @Ashes-boba I'm not being rude here so plz dnt mind as what I believe we all are here to learn good things from eachother 🙏😊