• Do you think the spiritual is as real as the physical?

• Probably ...

• @kkkkaty OK....can you give a little explanation of why you think so?

• Well I think, everyone has their own specific thoughts about it.
    I think it is, as for what I experienced in my whole life till now. I do believe there is something, and I do believe it is also almost the same as physical things.

• The spiritual is like the physical, but a lot bigger and better

• I believe that the spiritual is a separate thing from the physical much like emotions are not a physical thing. Let me explain, when we feel, it is not a physical thing. This is not something we can hold, or even see, just feel. I think the spiritual falls under a similar category.

• @Futushimo OK good

• @hornyguy2896 hmmmm seems like you a lot of experience from the spiritual...

• @svper that's really nice

• Well in my opinion, I think the spiritual rules the physical, whatever happens in the physical has already taken places long ago in the spiritual realm.
    Using a father and his son let me buttress my point,.a father has lived years long before his son came into being so whatever character or habit the son shows is something he already experienced and went through.
    So it is about the spiritual and physical, the spiritual has been in existence long before the physical came into being.
    So to me the spiritual is more real than the physical.

• @xoyee I do not know how you perceive this "spiritual" or "physical" stuff. I am just amazed to see what you've written here. I'm a South Asian scholar and once I was going through the Holy Quran and various ol' Hindu scriptures. If people from my religion find me trying to link Islam with Hinduism, they'll perhaps kill me. However, a closer look into these scripture will reveal a lot of description about the present times although they've been compiled hundreds of years ago. Not just that, you'll be amazed to know that some Hindu scriptures have been written in the past with reference to the time which is yet to arrive. In physics, manipulation of time is only possible if we start moving beyond the speed of light which is scientifically absurd. But there are references to such events that have been described before it actually occurred, exactly the way you've described above. I'm a scientist by profession but I always fail to understand the power of spirituality. I cannot understand how some people can predict events so well with minutest details. Spirituality is still a riddle to me while I am sure that modern physics is still busy to solve riddles about the physical world.

• @anonymous92 hmmmm you know, if I had the opportunity I would like to see you face to face and have a good talk with you.
    Physics, no matter how much it tries will never be able to solve the puzzle behind the physical and spiritual realm, and neither would science.
    A natural man can never and will never be able to comprehend the things of the spirit simply by mixing up some kind of chemicals or coming up with theories or philosophies, but a natural man who becomes really spiritual might be able to understand the things of the spirit. In the Bible it is written " ye are gods and children of the most high God ". This saying means a lot that I can't explain here because its really broad, its quite unfortunate that we humans have no understanding of the power we have to create and make things happen, ( not mere physical things).....this is the reason why for example, one who wants to have extra ordinary powers either consults an oracle ' witch doctor' or goes to God following God's teachings and word. How do you think a pastor is able to heal someone who is near death?...the power lies in the spiritual realm.
    A day in the sight of God is like ten thousand years here on earth ( the physical )

• @xoyee The "puzzles" behind the "spiritual realms" are humans puzzles. They were humans designs, spoken by humans, prized by humans, conceptualized by humans.

Physics is as objective as it gets, the process of gaining new axioms foundation of knowledge is not subjectively driven.
    It never aimed at any specific goal of dismissing divinity, rather to further answer our curiosity of the working world.

Words are just words. "Pastor able to heal someone who is near death" is just a story. One could be angry at this response, however, you just haven't witness enough deaths in your own lifetime yet to understand. If you were to empathize for all 100,000 people whom will die today, I wonder how you would feel about such statement.

"A day in the sight of God is like ten thousand years here on earth ( the physical )"

So what? I'm not of divinity, nor do I know how to raise to divinity of that caliber, and any "divinity" reached by past humans are divine in their thought, what good does that divinity do pass peace of mind and possible world peace?

For any humans whom think they can ascend to such a divine status in which they may heal every sick being, is hubris lacking prudence. Other fruitful effort have already helped out our specie tremendously, of which you won't ever know about the horror of "the iron lung".

Decades of research regarding Polio vaccine does do, humans are the proprietor.
    If divinity or enlightenment was an aspect of a human, one of the top quality should be the ability to look past one's lifetime, about the future generations. About the reality of how long some task will take to be completed.

Saying that divinity have perceptions beyond human comprehension is not that enticing to some humans.

For we have already witnessed many genocide, beyond your youth, experienced many religions to understand others better, and dare not preach what we do not truly understand like laws of gospels.

"...the power lies in the spiritual realm."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chūnibyō
    Middle-school second-year syndrome" or "eighth-grader syndrome", typically used to describe early teens who have delusions of grandeur, who so desperately want to stand out that they have convinced themselves they have hidden knowledge or secret powers.

So one could argue, that we should meditate all day. Nothing against that, everyone will follow the path they feel like will yield positive results for humanity.

Medicine have saved more lives than any enlightenment guru ever has, prevent lost lives more than any prospect. Vast numbers of researcher in the medicine field are doing good work.

Meanwhile, past religions sacrificed their first born to appease rain entities. In terms of results from intention of positive, science improves real physical lives, in physical terms, through physical means. No divinity, have ever done that for me, so.

• @Zas I appreciate your writing about the folly of humans aspiring to things divine. It's some cool, succinct writing, which is rare in these kinds of science v religion debates, I think.

Me, I can see a relationship between science and the spiritual, inasmuch as this: one time I was feverish, and the dreams and hallucinations I had --in hindsight-- could be seen as a direct parallel with my body fighting off the invading germs. Who is to say that, on a macrocosmic scale, mankind's spiritual dimension doesn't serve a similar purpose with regards to shaping society? You could argue that, regardless of whether religion has a good or a bad outcome, the important thing is just that something is happening in the collective unconscious?

Imagine that the world was abstracted along the lines of the quantum field before it's broken down for human consumption? It'd necessarily be a bizarre place, ala most spiritual conceptions <-- I reckon.

• @Zas Lol good talk, you sure have a lot to say...