• so I don't really know what peoples views are that's why im posting this,
    so my nan is a jehovahs witness and for I while ive been thinking she is abit brainwashed,she came over tonight and we started talking about her religion and there was lots of questions she couldn't answer, I started digging and doing some research and came across a few things that leads me to believe that they might be controlled or be part of the illuminati, jesus might actually be the devil in disguise and that's who they are really worshipping, and also the fact that they allow child abuse and don't see it as a crime and wont report it to the authorities.
    there is so much more but I want to hear your opinions.

• I don't believe at all, but I respect everyone for what they believe in. Religion is very helpful to find meaning behind life and to create a binding story in the community. But justifying child abuse with religion is just wrong. So wrong. Jehovah's witnesses are just a few brainwashed individuals in the masses of regular believing people.

• ♡ soul searchers ♡ Music Lovers

Imho religions are fine, there just a set of guidelines how to live life the best way basically, wether ppl agree is another debate.
    Radicals exist in all religions (as well as non) and that's where the issues start, 1 nutter follows another because ppl tend to follow.
    I don't think your grandmothers church is any worse than another.

Jesus being Satan has been debated to death, some interesting reads out there if that interest you (I only glimpsed so can't really add a decent opinion)

• Jesus being Satan just sounds so weird. In my eyes Jesus was a real historic person, and Satan just a medieval personification of death and the evil. Jesus of course wasn't a magical healing wizard, but he did exist, and probably had some strong ideas about his own religion, thus upsetting the people of his time.

• @SomeBelgianKid Just being rational. It's what school taught me, and I'm glad about that

• Thankyou for both of your comments, both opinions have been thought about, i'm definitely going to look into it further but I also feel like going to the head of her congregation and questioning him as I have found proof of subliminal messages and images being published in the watch tower (the magazine that the print, read and share to people around the world) of satanic symbol's ect…

• @SomeBelgianKid said in Religion, this one is weird.:

Jesus being Satan just sounds so weird. In my eyes Jesus was a real historic person, and Satan just a medieval personification of death and the evil. Jesus of course wasn't a magical healing wizard, but he did exist, and probably had some strong ideas about his own religion, thus upsetting the people of his time.

I'm on the fence if Jesus was real or not
    (Bit Robin hood n king Arthur like)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/13711-jesus-christ-man-physical-evidence-hold.html

• @INSANE-INSIDE I'm not sure either, but there has to have been a very influential man that got into trouble for expressing his ideas around that time. Sorry I'm not going to read the article you linked, but my brain is foggy from a long day studying.

• @jaeh "but I also feel like going to the head of her congregation"
    You should, just be respectful, most of them love talking about it

• Yeah you should. Being open towards people you are scared of/disagree with is very important. Just stay safe though.

• @SomeBelgianKid your not missing anything, just says no real proof, points to the usual bits n pieces.
    I also assume there was a free thinker about the time (or splinter group) but a historical Jesus seems a step too far. But hell I'm happy if proven wrong, that will set a cat amount the pigons

• @INSANE-INSIDE thanks bro, can I ask where you're from?

• @INSANE-INSIDE @SomeBelgianKid Definitely it's a must, I don't know what the outcome will be, I kind of hope they will say that will look into it or give me answers, as then I know the person i'm dealing with is clueless, where as if the act suspicious in some way then I know that maybe i'm digging too deep as I don't really want to get caught in a political/ secret society/government accident or something.

• Maybe go with a friend or family member to feel safer? Pick someone with the same vision tho.

• @SomeBelgianKid I'm from Adelaide South Australia (aka the city of churches lmao (no serious)

• @jaeh I doubt it would be dangerous lol, have a coffee n chat, see what they say

• How is religion in Australia? In Belgium we don't really do religion anymore. Only the older generation still visits church occasionally. Most do get baptised though, but we don't really practise Christianity. The most religious people are immigrants I guess.

• Honestly I don't want to put anyone at risk so I would go alone, and the only reason I think it could be dangerous is because if they are involved with the freemasons, witch craft and illuminati ect, they will make accidents happen if people know too much and are getting too involved

• @SomeBelgianKid yep same really, Muslim sects are becoming more popular but that's mostly due to imagration like a lot of places, baptism still common (though I didn't get done) but Australia is very multicultural, I think it's 50% of ppl are either born overseas or have 1 parent who was, lots of Greeks, Italians, then the Asians then ppls from the sub contanant then some Africans
    Being so multicultural makes us pretty chill to each other but there is some legal rumblings starting

• Nice to hear about that. Being multicultural is great. Both our countries have had their share of terrorism though. How do you think that is going to develop?