• @Indrid-Cold If you can, try and take some pics, ok?

• @Lazz David Lynch's Dune --> Miley Cirus --> Peter Gabriel --> Twin Peaks. It always comes back to David Lynch, doesn't it? That guy owns us.

• @Indrid-Cold Absolutely. He's everywhere.

I had a date just over a week ago. Where did we decide to go? An exhibition of Lynch's art currently showing in Manchester.

I've been watching S3 of Legion round at my Dad's recently (I don't have "normal" telly at home). My Dad comes in on Saturday night, sits and watches a bit with me. He tries to follow what's going on for a while, then says "It's very David Lynch isn't it?"...

• @Indrid-Cold Also, no Sting should not - but I strongly suspect you already know this 😉

• @Matt_Aranha Yeah. Lynch is a very cool artist. Famously, his reason for making films and TV was simply because he had a hallucination of a painting coming to life. Personally, though, I just like the stupid stuff like 'The Angriest Dog in the World'.

Is Legion any good? I hear it's not your average Marvel show.

• @Indrid-Cold To be frank, Deadpool aside I have in some way disliked most things Fox have done with the Marvel characters they had rights to. Their other series are drab and their version of the X-Men universe can't decide what it wants to be, regularly throwing continuity out without the slightest care.

That said Legion is fucking amazing. I expected it to be typical Fox drivel and it turned out to be like no other superhero series I have ever come across before. My Dad wasn't wrong, it does get quite Lynchian at times, and that is no bad thing. It is extremely brave, and it works (though clearly would not be for everybody) - I would go so far as to say it is the finest series of its genre I have ever seen.

• @Matt_Aranha Hmm. My local CEX has Season 1 on baby-blu. I think it's going to be on my shelf by the end of tomorrow.

I'd suggest it to my dad, but he only watches westerns made before 1959.

• @Indrid-Cold Legion, all three seasons, was fantastic!

• @Lazz @Matt_Aranha Geez, I really am L8 for the party...

• no more apologies for historic events please. there is a reason why old crimes cannot be punished anymore: because people are not the same people anymore... honestly stop that shit, before we have destroyed every statue, thrown every politician out of his position, kicked every CEO that has ever said something stupid... and stop killing art and commedy for political correctness. thank you.