Do you think ISLAM is a religion of terrorism ?

• @thestrangest Maaaan chill, the part where i said get the feel, just coz theres no punctuality doesnt mean its in a single sentence, "get the feel now and annoying right?" - that was in a single sentence.
    Do you agree with me you're extremely curious, and want the best out of this world, from us, humanity ? Do you agree with me you're not wise, rather full of knowledge - continuously asking questions and seeking answers ?

• @thestrangest said in Do you think ISLAM is a religion of terrorism ?:

it is the biggest reason of the issues. I do not understand how you have come to the conclusion that it isn't. Of course it is not the only reason but aslong as there are a big number of muslims which ARE not scripturally ignorent of their religion then they are going to be causing BIG problems.

as this ignores geopolitical climate.

No matter the geopolitical climate that doesn't change what I'm saying. Even in the most secular, democratic countries research shows that a lot of muslims still would prefer to live under shariah law which supporys the death penalty for homosexuality, apostas, cheating along with other bad things.

But here are the real questions, 1) are these Muslims first generation immigrants, because if they are, then you can hardly blame them for maintaining the conservative viewpoints they've had since their time in the Middle East, given their limited exposure to this new secular democratic environment. 2) To what extent are they willing to qualify Sharia Law, meaning do they have to take 100% of the Quran literally or are they willing to adopt and change bits and pieces, AND to take this question further, can you even generalize responses to this question? What if one person supports the death penalty for homosexuality but not for cheating, and another vice versa? Because if they don't all agree on the same view, then it's not really fair to lump them all as one group with a similar viewpoint, it's like how all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares.

https://www.google.fr/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/uk/738852/British-Muslims-Sharia-Law-enforced-UK-Islam-poll/amp

"The report found that 26 per cent of Muslims did not believe in extremism and 48 per cent would not turn to the police if someone close to them became involved with people linked to Syrian terrorism."

To qualify, "a majority of Muslims polled said they would attempt to personally intervene rather than contact police if someone they knew was getting involved with people who support terrorism in Syria." Which is basically saying if your buddy Bob who you've known since 5 years of age wanted to blow up a train station, would you take it seriously and call the police on him as though he were a stranger?

Here's another statistic from the poll: Notably, the poll also found little support for terrorism, with 85 percent saying they condemn those who take part in suicide attacks, and 73 percent saying they opposed how the Islamic State was trying to create a caliphate (just 3 percent said they supported it). They're not deliberately trying to foster terrorism, if anything it's more an issue of mentality and education, I'm pretty sure they don't teach in school "what to do if your best friend Bob decides to become a terrorist". It's not exactly as simple as 1+1.

"Forty-three per cent of followers of the religion living in the country believed that parts of the Islamic legal system should replace British law while only 22 per cent opposed the idea.."

Again first I would ask what aspects of the legal system and whether or not they fully understand the implications. I mean, I wouldn't trust someone who isn't an expert in Sharia Law and the British Legal system to give advice on anything legislative just as I wouldn't trust a car mechanic to perform open heart surgery. If these are again Muslim first generation immigrants, their exposure to Britain would be extremely limited and they'd likely be isolated and even ostracized given the political environment, so how would they know better?

https://www.google.fr/amp/www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/08/09/muslims-and-islam-key-findings-in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world/%3Famp=1

"World Muslims who want Sharia

Basically the straight forward answer is 69.7% (call it 70%) of the world’s Muslims want Sharia Law. That is a shocking 70% of about 1.8 billion people, which is 1.26 billion Muslims, 16.8% of the world’s population of 7.5 billion."

Tried Cntrl+F'ing this 69.7% statistic but couldn't find it, this infographic is all I could find which is hardly a solid representation of the world:
    alt text

Again assuming this "worst" case scenario, I would ask for further qualification of whether they 1) understand Sharia Law, 2) want 100% adoption, and 3) if not 100% adoption, which aspects.

It's like saying global warming isn't happening because it snowed the other day."

I see 0 correlation. You really suck at explaining things. Until now i have not understood your train of thought on anything you are saying.

Let me break it down to a level that even an Elementary School student could understand. When you blame religion as the sole cause of all terrorism, internal strife, etc, you're ignoring fundamental issues at hand. These include but are not limited to the economic downfall of the Middle East, the shifting paradigms of the younger generation, and the intervention of bigger players like the U.S. and Russia in the form of NATO (for control over the region and oil/trade). These issues play an equally significant factor as religion does to spurring terrorism, but because the masses typically don't have enough education or care to even learn about how all these factors come into play, they usually just hone in on a simple idea like religion and use that to justify all their actions. Religion is used as a tool to create a sense of identity and empowerment for action, which for terrorism is a backlash against westernization.

I'm not a fan of wikipedia but it provides a good overview:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_aspects_of_Islam
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and_politics

I'm using global warming as an example because ignoring geopolitical climate is like saying because it snowed, global warming isn't happening. You're ignoring the bigger picture that global temperatures (other factors) are also at play based off this one factor (which is religion in terrorism's case). If you didn't understand it's not important.

ADDITIONALLY, considering that these polls conducted by media are typically heavily biased, I would be cautious when extrapolating the results to the rest of the Muslim population. You can read more about criticisms for this poll specific in the source I posted below, some key criticisms include:

• The Post's Clement suggests that the only reason for focusing on an area with a heavy Muslim presence would be financial cost. "It’s cheaper to interview a sizable sample of Muslims in areas where they are concentrated," he says. That could be a problem, however. Muslims make up only about 4 percent of Britain's population and tend to be spread out rather than concentrated in small areas. Critics have argued that ICM may have been limiting its view of British Muslims to those who live in Muslim-heavy areas — areas that may be unrepresentative both ethnically and socioeconomically.
    • Martin Boon of ICM Research has confirmed that the survey used geographic units of about 1,500 people where at least 20 percent of the population was Muslim. Boon says that 51.4 percent of Britain's Muslims live in these areas. Although that coverage rate is higher than some critics had extrapolated, it is far from enough to dispel all doubts — many general-population telephone surveys have coverage rates well over 90 percent, because nearly the entire population has a land line or mobile phone. The limited sample range of the ICM survey presents significant problems. Muslims who live in areas with large Muslim communities may well have different views on assimilation and religion from those who do not. ICM’s data cannot tell us either way, as these people never had a chance of being contacted.

Which further dampens the effect of the fact that they're living in a secular nation because this poll is only cherry picking Muslims who probably have limited interaction with the rest of the non-Muslim community.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/04/12/a-poll-claimed-to-reveal-what-british-muslims-really-think-critics-say-it-failed/?utm_term=.9011581f7668

If you look at it historically, Christianity has led to a lot of deaths as well

Hum. Bullshit. Where are the sources of what you're saying here

Specifically the bubble with the Christian Crusades (1-3 million deaths):

Source: https://waitbutwhy.com/2013/08/the-death-toll-comparison-breakdown.html

Dude. Of course stuff will get better if you solve the geographical climate but you'll still have problems with islan as demonstrated by the polls i showed from the UK unless you really, really in force religious moderation by secular progress, values and scriptural ignorance.
    In islam the scriptures and history are clearly violent but there is hope in moderating muslims. It is not that complicated

The Crusades ended in 1300, ignoring all the deaths caused from the Conquest of the Americas and Manifest Destiny in the name of God, give it another 700 years (today 2018 - 1300 ~= 700), I'm sure Islam will be tame by then. But by then we'll be blaming some other religion or social factor for some kind of conflict, and I'm sure our posterity will be making the same bloody arguments.

• @r_dx said in Do you think ISLAM is a religion of terrorism ?:

@thestrangest Maaaan chill, the part where i said get the feel, just coz theres no punctuality doesnt mean its in a single sentence, "get the feel now and annoying right?" - that was in a single sentence.
    Do you agree with me you're extremely curious, and want the best out of this world, from us, humanity ? Do you agree with me you're not wise, rather full of knowledge - continuously asking questions and seeking answers ?

Dude. The way you write and place words is so incomprehensible. I guess i agree with what you are saying as far as i understood

• islam is one of biggest religion i think

• religion is not terrorism
    what bad people do thing are

world is not divided on basis religion like this religion is wrong or right
    world is divide into two one is right and second is wrong

• yes quran teach to kill unbelievers

• This post is deleted!

• @i-am-male sorry dude. I accidentally posted the unfinished reply

• @mahmood-bhatti said in Do you think ISLAM is a religion of terrorism ?:

yes quran teach to kill unbelievers

So are you muslim?

• No of course not

• @alexthealien i was clearly not talking to you

• @thestrangest well that's good cuz I was talking to @Muslim :)

• @alexthealien oh. K whatever

• Yes, I do. Christianity and Islam are extremist religions

• So this isn't an attempt to "tip the scales", but because exposure to both sides is important, here's something we should be conscious about: https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-supremacist-charged-terrorism-alleged-031331509.html

• stop copy and ast everything you found in the intrenet . and talk for your selfs . be open be smart.
    Lets vote how about that ?
    whos say's yes and who say's no .... ?

• @muslim said in Do you think ISLAM is a religion of terrorism ?:

stop copy and ast everything you found in the intrenet . and talk for your selfs . be open be smart.
    Lets vote how about that ?
    whos say's yes and who say's no .... ?

How about no? This already happened and we know the answer, lol. It is stupid to do this without a "before and after":

• The politics is terrorist America.. Israel..
    Support Assad and Syria

• The answer is pretty simple, all religions are religions of terrorism. In each one of them there's been a lot of blood and a lot of dead people it only takes you a good analysis. Every religion is about human beings so I say none of them is worse or better than the others for we're all the same, everyone is free to believe in what they want but as anything that exists on this world everything has minuses along with pluses. If the majority of serial killers would be Christians would it turn the religion into a serial killer religion?

• SYRIAN PEAPOL DON'T HAVE PROBLEM WITH ORTHODOX CHRISTIANS ASSAD RUSSIA NOW IS BROTHERS..