• Knowing yeah........no. it also means you know Exactly when and how you and anyone you know is gonna die. Can you save your Grandma's life knowing her heart is bad? Can you tell that friend to not drive at night at the corner of Freemont and Main? Can you avoid your dog getting old?

• @Sabo-go-thud said in Imagine you knew your future:

Knowing yeah........no. it also means you know Exactly when and how you and anyone you know is gonna die. Can you save your Grandma's life knowing her heart is bad? Can you tell that friend to not drive at night at the corner of Freemont and Main? Can you avoid your dog getting old?

About all the real profecies (debatable of course but give me the benefit of assuming here) I know of, e.g. any profecy in the bible as well as a few others are always conditional. When God says to a king in the old testament that he'll die for his sins, and he converts himself, he doesn't die. And if God says to His people that they will see the blessed land, and they leave Him (after moving out of egypt), then only their children reach the land.

So yeah, with a real profecy of this kind you could save your grandma and the friend killing himself in the car. You cannot, and should not change the natural course of life (preventing your dog from getting old). In the end the profecy is given for your conversion, for your good and for the good of those around you. That is its only purpose...

• @petrapark3r I think there is more to life than knowing with whom you're going to spend your life with

• It would be really scary for me if the person I thought I would be spending my life with would be a different person in the future. Oh, not only scary but I would feel pain in my chest and be sad.

• wow such a creative question. I guess if we knew our future we might alter it because knowing whats going to happen will make life too boring.

• @petrapark3r

I think if ppl would know their future and destiny there would be alot more suicides tbh :sweat_smile: I mean, if you didn't like what you saw what would you do? Keep hoping it would get better? Well no... It wouldn't... So yeah, it would lead to that eventually. It would either be ppl super happy or supper sad! So i think it would be boring.

• @Boredoutofmymind said in Imagine you knew your future:

wow such a creative question. I guess if we knew our future we might alter it because knowing whats going to happen will make life too boring.

Hehe, if you knew everything yeah. That's not the case with this question however, you only know her and you know what your purpose is, not how it will play out. And yeah, you might want to alter it, if you don't like this purpose or the purson you're going to be with :yum:, but imagine for a moment, that you actually love her. I wouldn't want to change my destiny :joy:

• @Lurker said in Imagine you knew your future:

@petrapark3r

I think if ppl would know their future and destiny there would be alot more suicides tbh :sweat_smile: I mean, if you didn't like what you saw what would you do? Keep hoping it would get better? Well no... It wouldn't... So yeah, it would lead to that eventually. It would either be ppl super happy or supper sad! So i think it would be boring.

Yeah, you might be right :joy:. If it was all determined that might be the case indeed :disappointed_relieved:... But say it isn't (you could also run from your destiny) and say you love that person and say the purpose scares you, but it isn't so bad :shrug:

• @petrapark3r said in Imagine you knew your future:

@Lurker said in Imagine you knew your future:

@petrapark3r

Yeah, you might be right :joy:. If it was all determined that might be the case indeed :disappointed_relieved:... But say it isn't (you could also run from your destiny) and say you love that person and say the purpose scares you, but it isn't so bad :shrug:

Isn't that the same as how we live now? :joy:
    Or you know what's gonna happen and you can either avoid it or live it? Is it something like that? Cuz if that's the case it's really boring as well :p

• @Lurker said in Imagine you knew your future:

@petrapark3r said in Imagine you knew your future:

@Lurker said in Imagine you knew your future:

@petrapark3r

Isn't that the same as how we live now? :joy:
    Or you know what's gonna happen and you can either avoid it or live it? Is it something like that? Cuz if that's the case it's really boring as well :p

Fine, I respect your opinion Ms. Lurker...