• There are some theories there, but which of them is more true than the others.
    alt text

• @Mr-Ghost Humanity or all of existence? Science already proves that humans evolved over millions and millions of years through natural selection

• @Zen00 said in How do you think that humanity was created?:

Humanity or all of existence? Science already proves that humans evolved over millions and millions of years though natural selection

the humanity (the real queston)

• @Zen00 Science does not prove because all science can do is create theories and disprove them. That's just its nature. Proving something is not part of the deal. What people actually believe in when they think they believe in science is the current consensus of the scientists.

Even though I "believe" in evolution I want to add that there are arguments against it. To name one: Suddenly: Trees. Trees just popped up in a super short timeframe – way faster than our understanding of evolution would imply (of course our understanding might be wrong). Another one is the fact that in super short lived organisms – mayflys – evolution should be happening in an observable way when you put them into a specific environment for long enough – but it doesn't, the studies have been done. Again this indicates that our understanding of evolution might be wrong.

There is however a bigger mystery: Everyone knows DNA. But DNA is suuuuuper complex. Science has no explanation for why some carbon molecules would ever have arranged themselves in anything resembling DNA. "It just happened somehow" is the best explanation we have – and that is no explanation at all.

Well and of course there is the biggest mystery: Why is there anything at all? Let me make the paradox tangible:

Take a bike. Say I borrowed it from you. You borroed it from @Bela-Hella. @Bela-Hella borrowed it from @Adyyan who borrowed it from @Mr-Ghost who borrowed it from @DarkIce who borrowed it from @SoFa_king_Cody who borrowed it from @Kakashi who borrowed it from @Alte... You get the idea. Now assume that this chain goes on forever. It explains why I have the bike now and you had it before me. But it does not explain where the bike came from and it does not explain why there is a chain in the first place.

So to be honest I believe that life is just way too amazing, way too specific and way too complex to have just happened – just like the guy who found DNA: his research converted him into a believer. Also I believe in rationality and that chain just needs a reason to exist if we are not going to throw logic overboard (though it is certainly possible that our mind's logic is not able to comprehend existence). So what I believe is that there was evolution and that evolution was directed.

• @pe7erpark3r You're right man, thanks for the enlightenment:) much appreciated !

• @Zen00 said in How do you think that humanity was created?:

@pe7erpark3r You're right man, thanks for the enlightenment:) much appreciated !

Sure thing. I dig your questions btw. Like half of the questions I contribute too are Zen questions. You sure know how to invent intriguing topics.

• @pe7erpark3r (holy shit man)

• @pe7erpark3r Aww thanks! I'm just a curious cookie that gets curious about other peoples opinions and thoughts!:) I'm glad you like them

• @Mr-Ghost said in How do you think that humanity was created?:

@pe7erpark3r (holy shit man)

Some questions are just the right questions I guess, can't help it. Arrg I'm really fighting being apologetic right now, but this time I'll win against my nice guy mentality. Being real and being me is soo hard I tell ya. I just like this topic. Arg I'm being apologetic again. But I really do like this topic :joy:

• @pe7erpark3r Why did I have this fucking bike??!!! @Bela-Hella n I have cars :sunglasses: We drive in style :v:

• @DarkIce said in How do you think that humanity was created?:

@pe7erpark3r Why did I have this fucking bike??!!! @Bela-Hella n I have cars :sunglasses: We drive in style :v:

Some mysteries will remain unresolved forever. Next time I'll borrow your car I promise :yum:

• @pe7erpark3r said in How do you think that humanity was created?:

.....I believe is that there was evolution and that evolution was directed.

What do you mean by "directed"? Do you believe that evolution was not random and was "triggered" by some factor?

• @Mr-Ghost Humanity was created because human want to be human. The aim is clear enough for them so they wont do such "animals" stuff. However, in this era, humanity is kinda rare around us 😥
    I want to have an intellect debate if you take this pleasure 😄

• @Kakashi said in How do you think that humanity was created?:

What do you mean by "directed"? Do you believe that evolution was not random and was "triggered" by some factor?

Well the reason for the chain being there is either non existent (= there was always a chain of energy/matter and it has no reason for being) which is completely irrational OR there is a reason which – by definition – we call god. Since I am more on the rational side of things, at least when this universe/multiverse is concerned (I believe that the material world is indeed logical and understandable using science) I prefer the second alternative (god is not understandable but if god does not exist then the world becomes not-understandable/irrational and I don't like that).

Maybe a little foray: we know (as in have measured) that time runs slower when we move faster or when we are closer to a massive object (like the earth or the sun). This implies that time itself (as Einstein showed...) is linked to matter. If time is linked to matter than time itself MUST be part of creation. Ergo if god is, then he is "outside" of time, because he must have created it. Now this is a little hard to understand because non of us could even begin to understand what "before" the beginning of time would even mean. The point I am trying to make is that from his perspective everything is now (past, present and future) because he is looking at it from the outside. This is the best I can do trying to explain that.

On another sidenote: having above in mind isn't it a strange coincidence that the biblical god called himself yahweh (naively translated as "I am here" but) which actually means something like "I am, was and will be here" (the verbs tense is a "timeless" tense).

Ergo from god's perspective the concept of chance really makes no sense. Thus I don't believe that chance really is a thing. And if chance isn't really a thing then evolution cannot be random. I however don't believe that god took some dirt and molded a human being, I just mean that the seemingly random combination of molecules that lead to the first living beings happened because it had to happen, because there is no chance.

Uh I had a great idea for a topic just now: Do you believe...

• @Mr-Ghost darwinian evolution as thou it's the most promising one