Depression and anti-social issues. We all need help.

• @sir-devil said in Depression and anti-social issues. We all need help.:

@thestrangest said in Depression and anti-social issues. We all need help.:

YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER

Nice little words, you got there. ahem ad hominem

Uhm uhm. Not an ad-hominim since i wasn't responding to an argument

• @thestrangest or trying to prove anything by calling you a dense motherfucker

• @thestrangest Oh was I the one who made you?

If you don't know about something, you shouldn't argue against or for it until you properly research it.

• @sir-devil well it is an ad-hominim but just not n ad-hominim fallacy

• @thestrangest okay, I'm new to this fallacy game. I actually need a guide for that.

• @sir-devil well i feel like i did a good amount of research throughout the debate. Starting from having 0% expertise i think i now know around 20% which is still shit but enough to explain this to your lazy ass in 3-4h

@thestrangest okay, I'm new to this fallacy game. I actually need a guide for that.

Yeah you should watch videos

• @sir-devil I'll link you some

• @sir-devil these are probably all the videos you'll ever need

Introduction to Critical Thinking: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtKNX4SfKpzX_bhh4LOEWEGy3pkLmFDmk

• @thestrangest Ah... Slow Internet. I couldn't reply on time. What I meant by that statement is that I needed to refer a guide which I'm keeping by my side in another tab.

• @thestrangest Wow! That's great news.

lazy ass

This must be an ad hominem because that statement implies that I'm not doing proper research or not giving enough materials in the argument.

• Watch Anime Eyes

@sir-devil said in Depression and anti-social issues. We all need help.:

@thestrangest Wow! That's great news.

lazy ass

This must be an ad hominem because that statement implies that I'm not doing proper research or not giving enough materials in the argument.

It is implying that the debate was not necessary if you had done deep enough research. Is this being used to imply that something you said is wrong? No therefore it is not an ad-hominim. If it was implying that you are wrong BECAUSE you are a "lazy-ass" meaning that you didn't do your own research then it is an ad-hominim

• @thestrangest Where did I not do necessary research? I was the one who disapproved many of your statement with proper citation and research. Ad Hominem means using personal attacks to undermine one's argument and your statement is implying that since I didn't do the necessary research, my arguments were improper and not good, which is undermining my entire argument.

• @sir-devil in other words if "lazy ass" is ALWAYS an ad-hominim (meaning attack on character" but if it isn't used to say that an argument is valid, unvalid,strong or weak then t is not AN AD-HOMINIM FALLACY

• @thestrangest You're implying that my argument was weak due to lack of proper research, aren't you?

• @sir-devil doesn't that mean that it was a fallacy?

or better, show me where I didn't did enough research.

• @sir-devil and btw, you are worse. You were arguing against something that even you have accepted to not have proper knowledge of.

• Watch Anime Eyes

@sir-devil said in Depression and anti-social issues. We all need help.:

@thestrangest Where did I not do necessary research?

I DID NOT SAY THAT YOU DID NOT DO NECESSARY RESEARCH. I said that if you could've tried to only research the topic yourself then a debate would've been unnecessary

I was the one who disapproved many of your statement with proper citation and research. Ad Hominem means using personal attacks to undermine one's argument and your statement is implying that since I didn't do the necessary research, my arguments were improper and not good, which is undermining my entire argument.

No. I said that a debate would not have needed to start if you didn't disagree, did research and did not start a debate instead of debate whilst researching stuff

@sir-devil and btw, you are worse. You were arguing against something that even you have accepted to not have proper knowledge of.

At the beginning of the debate yes but then researched to provide proper research throughout the debate

• @thestrangest

I said that a debate would not have needed to start if you didn't disagree, did research and did not start a debate but instead of debate whilst researching stuff