• So since lockdown I have almost destroyed all my free time with video games and binging anime/we series. How about you guys? Do you guys picked up some unique skills during this time?
    Thank you🤍

• astronomy
    drummimg

• @sleepysaint Gaming, chatting, binging series as well haha. I was working from home for awhile but that ended so now I'm on a "vacation" at home.

• @mikeJB said in What do you do in your free time?:

astronomy
    drummimg

I LOVE Astronomy, got my first big telescope at age 12. I just wish it wasn't cloudy most the time where I live now :(

• i have big space binoculars. highlights for me are when i first saw the space station fly overhead when i was on my rooftop. also seeing mercury in thre morning. i hard planet to spot usually since it rises and falls with the sun. also a satellite iridium flare

• @mikeJB yes I have never seen Mercury. I remember the first time I saw the rings of Saturn and moons of Jupiter. So exciting and takes your breath away.

• I took up trail building. I really enjoy making trails with minimal disruption of living things. It has helped with avoiding stepping on snakes. My trails are extensive.

At night I follow astronomy. Sit in the hot tub/pool looking for fireballs and shooting stars. And have reported quite a few at American Meteor Society.

• @Wonder said in What do you do in your free time?:

I took up trail building. I really enjoy making trails with minimal disruption of living things. It has helped with avoiding stepping on snakes. My trails are extensive.

At night I follow astronomy. Sit in the hot tub/pool looking for fireballs and shooting stars. And have reported quite a few at American Meteor Society.

This all sounds so amazing :) Trail building sounds like a wonderful hobby.

• I've built them wherever I lived Hawaii, California and Arizona. I might of missed my calling I enjoy it so much.

• @mikeJB I once wanted to learn drumming and I failed at it pretty bad lol. But I'll surely try to pick it up again some day.

• @Janet home "vacation" sounds kinda cool ngl. I did start a internship but it was worst😂

• @Wonder The closest I have came to trail building is that once I went for hiking but I wouldn't mind doing things if I have someone I can trust cause alone I'll be like yaa I am kinda scared now😂😂

• I got an Orba,

First time I played on a nearby mountain top. I was immediately swarmed by bees! I really enjoy my Orba!

• @sleepysaint haha, whether your free time was "destroyed" is debatable. It is your free time, after all. When I get any time to myself, I end up cooking or baking for someone. If not that, I like learning new languages, specially those with a script completely different from the ones I know. I recently started with Japanese, but man it's tough to find enough time to be consistent. It's still super fun though.

• @Wonder it's my first tike seeing an Orba. It's really cool I might want one😂

• @Fana I used the word destroyed cause I wanted to use that time productively 😂. Btw you doesnt seem like you destroyed your time lol. And learning japanese is really cool. One day I might do it too🥺

• @sleepysaint They are pretty cool! I got mine on a kickstarter years ago. It has great sound and good capabilities. They were my default Christmas presents for family and friends last year. I think they're around a $100 now. I used to play drums but didn't want to take my drums up the mountain. So it was perfect portable instrument! I can recommend the Orba!