• It's uncool to judge people by their physical appearance, especially if it's the face they were born with, and they've got no control over it. That's some pretty gold-standard morality, I think.

And yet,

and yet,

I'm fascinated by Jo Swinson. I've never known a real-life character whose face matches their angry, dismissive, passive-aggressive politics so completely. Internet-search images of Jo Swinson making a speech. How is it that the pupils of her eyes expand so gleefully, and everyone's OK with it? Because I want my politicians to have solutions for angry, divisive politics, not to embody it. Why does her brow writhe around so incredulously? It shouldn't be incredulous. Whether you agree or disagree with the Brexit referendum, you should at least believe it happened, especially at this late stage. In the UK, more people voted for Brexit than have ever voted for anything.

And this definitely isn't a man-versus-woman thing. I'd be equally freaked out by a bloke who had a similar face. Indeed, she's probably beautiful on a basic feminine level, y'know, when she's asleep. It's just the whole consciousness thing that seems to rile her up.

Maybe it's just because I'm a Leaver. Could be. Maybe I'm wrong. If you're a Lib Dem, school me. This is TWS, not Twitter, so we're all friends, right?

• @Indrid-Cold said in RE Jo Swinson - is it OK to mention someone's physical appearance if they look evil and ARE evil?:

It's uncool to judge people by their physical appearance, especially if it's the face they were born with, and they've got no control over it. That's some pretty gold-standard morality, I think.

Is it cool to judge people by their physical disappearance then? :joy:

• @pe7erpark3r said in RE Jo Swinson - is it OK to mention someone's physical appearance if they look evil and ARE evil?:

Is it cool to judge people by their physical disappearance then?

It might be uncool to not judge someone by their physical appearance if it's a physical appearancey kinda scenario.

• @Indrid-Cold
    idk, i think that judging a politician based on their appearance is a bit of an ad-hominen type argument, because a politician's worth isn't defined by their physical beauty. i mean, you obviously disagree with her and it's okay, but it's usually smarter to stick to attacking ideas, not the people carrying the said ideas :)

• @sarah_the_magpie I hear that. I'll rig up some kinda headgear so I can still watch her when she comes on TV. Like they had on that episode of Star Trek when they had those aliens the sight of which sent people INSANE.