• @Indrid-Cold
    And i agree with you that most modern music from today is not "that great" as even i used to remember.
    Maybe it is just nostalgia and my habit to cling unto everything i like?

• @spaceboy Evolution is depressing. It's just an example of how everything is slow, and nothing works together. It's all very well, aspiring to, y'know, develop wings, or live on the land if you're Fish from Marillion, but what's the point if your cardiovascular system and your cells just turn around and say, "Sorry, mate. Metabolics, innit. You can get it done, but it'll take a million generations and you'll never see the results".

If I'd been around at the same time as Darwin, I would have bullied him. I would've pulled his beard and thrown his hat in the sea, and run off laughing.

• Teenagers then Vs Teenagers now.
    I know about the current scenario so focus more, on how they were then.

• @sup When I was at school in the 80's, you could expect all teenagers, even nerds and goodie-two-shoes, to do a certain amount of messing around at the teacher's expense. Also, no one had any ambitions. There was always one kid who wanted to be a rozzer, but that was about it. Nowadays you always overhear teenagers pontificating about what they want to do in the future, and it does seem a little bit pretentious to me. The worse thing they do is stay up all night looking at the internet, whereas we'd just stay up until about 11.30, watching grindhouse films on Channel 4 (before it turned shi), and painting Citadel Miniatures (not necessarily for your own use - you could make a fortune by selling them).

Kids today? It seems like it's either one extreme or another: they're either stabbing you or else they're prototype yuppies and business managers from thirteen onwards. In my day, there was a happy medium. It was like Trainspotting. No one expects you to be a bank manager, or start your own design consultancy, it's just enough that you stay off heroin. Which I did. Where's my medal?

• @IM-NOT-HORNEe , How does it feel to be surrounded by kiddos? Feels like home. Lol. I have 2 kids, my younger daughterā€™s friends all want me to adopt them. I worked in pediatrics for years and now in mother/baby and Neonatal intensive care. So basically, Iā€™m always surrounded by kiddos. šŸ’•šŸ’•

• How has the perception of the world changed from then until now, for you and the people around you? Do you see the world now more as a global thing? Or were you always othe pen to the world kinda guy?

• @petrapark3r Great question. People really have to go a ways now before I hate them on a personal level. Unlike when I was a youngerz, when I blamed individuals for the fact they were bellends, I now tend to blame peer-pressure, or the fact we all lead such busy lives in a stoopid, superficial society. Does that sound like a cop-out?

• @Indrid-Cold said in Q and A session with the oldest person on TWS...:

@petrapark3r Great question. People really have to go a ways now before I hate them on a personal level. Unlike when I was a youngerz, when I blamed individuals for the fact they were bellends, I now tend to blame peer-pressure, or the fact we all lead such busy lives in a stoopid, superficial society. Does that sound like a cop-out?

If I have learned anything about human beans, then it's that as long as you make things easy to them (me included :sweat_smile:), and others hard, they'll eventually do the easy things. But does that take all responsibility from them?

I see things along the lines of how Jordan Peterson tends to formulate it: it is not clear where you end and your surroundings begin. Is your room a part of you? There are good arguments that it is. And so are the relationships with the people around you and with society.

Still I think the only real responsibility lies with the individual. But it lies not in being stupid or deaf or blind (metaphorically speaking), it lies in not facing your deafness, blindness or stupidity in a proper way.

One woman can change an incredible lot, if she just takes up real responsibility. But it's not our job to save the whole world. It's enough to properly fill out the room, your very own life can fill.