• alt text

• Now there's a fascinating, ballsy topic. Dunno. I'm pretty sure that I have a super-low IQ, but I compensate by being well-read, and having a good vocabulary, so it'd be hypocritical for me to expect intelligence in prospective pal. Just some good word-play and surreality, maybe some edgy dialogue, that's all I ask.

• Honesty and loyalty is.
    Everything else is bonus.

• @Karina-Kara for me Im torn for loyalty, in a lot of cases you cant be loyal but at the same time be honest, I think a friend is someone that may make u feel "stabbed in the back" at the moment, but on the long run its for the best, especially if its done so with good intentions. Like maybe ur friends with a guy, but u know he hit and run a person under a DUI, but no one else knows, and he tells you not to tell anyone especially the police, if he doesnt sober up he can do it again, so u report it to the police like "snitch", but its overall for the safety for the guy and for everyone.

• @IM-NOT-HORMY best case scenario there is equal feelings of usement lol, other case would be co dependent.which is probably worse for the one getting used. But hey some ppl like to feel in control and completely relied on, then they use that as a tactic to manipulate and control the "user" to become the "used".

• @Indrid-Cold Im gonna give a classic yahoo response of I doubt you have a low IQ constructing a sentence like that, aFtEr AlL u did say u have good grammar and is well read. Unless u really tried very hard overtime to make it look as perfect as possible, like sometimes I do but trying very long is better than just giving up I say lol. But from what I know of IQ is genetically how natural u are at picking up patterns or how fast u comprehend things, but knowledge is so important in intelligence, because even if u naturally have a high IQ, not putting it to use like to read or actively participate in different kinds of debates or training thinking in areas like chess or sports is what will definitely slow a person down a lot. I just rememberd this was about in relation to friendship, ur answer seems reasonable.

• @IM-NOT-HORNY
    Taking a risk.
    A big one while we are at it.

• @IM-NOT-HORMY I dont really know, I have never kept any long term friends, always struggled making ones when I was younger up till now, I had one friend a year and just thought every class change I switched to another, some years Id go friendless. First few years of secondary I had a group of friends which ended badly, I used to just obsess over the idea of it and think of all the reasons why ppl left and how I blamed em then mostly blamed myself,went to poly got worse, then I just stopped giving a f-ck and dropped out of school lol. I live my life with the one or two friendship rule lasts at most a year, its less drama lel, normally it fizzles out or ends badly I move on to the next.

• @IM-NOT-HORMY of course I did u moron like I said "I used to just obsess over the idea of it and think of all the reasons why ppl left and how I blamed em then mostly blamed myself," do u need reading glasses or are u choosing to ignore a very huge chunk of my text.

• not really if he or she isn't mean, then it dosent matter as long as they follow the law and is a good person

• @Chicken-meat Nah, my dog is like my best friend and she is literally a retarded bitch. Anyone can be friends it just takes a little time and purity.

• @Zen00 weird flex but okay

• Intelligence to act normal when its needed is important, I guess.

• I mean have you seen Dumb and Dumber? lol

• @Zen00 is that what u view important as friendship to you? Lol

• @Chicken-meat If you have friends then No😝

• @Zen00 Having a dog is a good example of friendship per se. Doggys have lightning fast thinking, and maybe that's all you need. They know what they want, they know what makes them smile (dogs smile, though, don't they? They do, though, don't they?), and intelligence doesn't much enter in to it.

For example, I could make a very elaborate, wordy joke about a certain politician* being a bellend, citing party dynamics and the history of British politics, and say it to my pal, who is non-political, but he'd still laugh because A. He'd find my emotions funny and B. It's plain to see the guy in question is a bellend.

@Chicken-meat said in Is intelligence important to you for making a friend?:

I doubt you have a low IQ constructing a sentence like that, aFtEr AlL u did say u have good grammar and is well read. Unless u really tried very hard overtime to make it look as perfect as possible

I wrote the above over the course of two hours, like in 'Life of Brain' with the two Roman centurions shouting at him to get his verbs right. Even this sentence now is taking upside of half-and-hour, and this bit right now is taking at least ten minutes, and I tried to remember how spell 'minutes' and that took, ironically, a minute, and, in turn, I was so pleased with using the word 'ironically' correctly and cleverly in a sentence that I'm now full of hubris and that can only mean trouble for Mankind.

• @RealHuman how does that answer my question? Im asking if intelligence is an important factor for u in making friends, or well an important value in the friends u have made so far.

• @Chicken-meat
    Intelligent people have less friend, coz more u become intelligent u become more selective .. So intelligence is not important but "sense of humour" or "sarcasm" xD