Looks like you have some misconceptions, and im happy to clear them :)

• Banned

@The-wise-one i think that Hinduism and his fake gods truly sucks with all its superstition and fake babas

• Just ignore this one.
    Not worth talking to.

• Banned

@Karina-Kara said in Looks like you have some misconceptions, and im happy to clear them :):

Just ignore this one.
    Not worth talking to.

@Karina-Kara ignoring is not a solution of any discussion,and coming to hidusm and their gods so is it not right Kara that when we compared Hinduism with other relogions, hinduisim has many superstitions and fake babas and many people believe it blindly.answer it ?

• @Misotheism that is potentially the most ignorant thing I have read on the internet in a long time. Quite frankly, I am not interested in your subjective point of view.

• @IM-NOT-DORNY said in Looks like you have some misconceptions, and im happy to clear them :):

@theKing
    as a matter of fact we do, if thats how you want to call your mother, a goat. :)
    any other questions?

Good One , Bro . Thats how they understand.

• @IntoTheDeep said in Looks like you have some misconceptions, and im happy to clear them :):

@IM-NOT-PHONY Oooh, the "no, your mom" reply, been waiting for ages for this. Good job TWS, you keep evolving. Maybe, in the following decades, you will be able to actually come up with something well made and not overused

@Barton Matter of fact, I have no interests in what you do, but just so you know, there are public toilets for a reason. And the mountains desire your edginess.

@Kana Are you certain that you still want to defend your country? I mean, quite interesting how your own countrymates defy your arguments. From "your mom" insults to the pervert ones, am I wrong for generalising? Guess not.

Well I think this is a way to answer Idiots, because they dont really cares what u say to them, they have predetermined opinions which never going to change.

• @Misotheism said in Looks like you have some misconceptions, and im happy to clear them :):

@Karina-Kara said in Looks like you have some misconceptions, and im happy to clear them :):

Just ignore this one.
    Not worth talking to.

@Karina-Kara ignoring is not a solution of any discussion,and coming to hidusm and their gods so is it not right Kara that when we compared Hinduism with other relogions, hinduisim has many superstitions and fake babas and many people believe it blindly.answer it ?

I think thats problem of society and how we practice it, its not fault of Hinduism. Like Islam , Quran dosent ask for terrorism and Jihad but people do that on the name of Islam.

• @IM-NOT-DORNY said in Looks like you have some misconceptions, and im happy to clear them :):

One thing you have to understand about Hinduism, is that, it's not a monotheistic religion. That means, we all have different beliefs, within Hinduism itself. But those scattered beliefs, are united by some core values. These core values are:

• KARMIC NATURE OF THE UNIVERSE
    • Never ending cycle of birth and rebirth
    • Nothing is absolute!

so Hinduism, isnt a religion per se, its a way of life. A way to think!
    Thus, you can interpret the teachings in different ways. So i'm gonna give you, my beliefs.

@The-wise-one said in Looks like you have some misconceptions, and im happy to clear them :):

@IM-NOT-dORNY GREAT! How about we start with the creation myth, according to Hindu belief, how was the earth/universe created?

There is no absolute start or end, everything is very speculative and metaphysical.
    Like i said, the core value of Hinduism is of, a perpetual cycle of starts and ends.
    In today's terminology, we refer to it as the Big Bang and the Big Crunch.

But, in our religion, we never really focused on the 'how' part of the question, but it's 'why' aspect.
    To find out 'how' it was created, is something science will help you in better. But to search for the 'why' it was created is where my religion, shows the way!

further to that how were people created?

what exactly do you mean by people?
    is it consciousness you are talking about, or the physical aspect of us?

So after reading this, it inspired me to go search for myself some more information. What I found was really very interesting. Because Hinduism is a conglomeration of several different intellectual and spiritual texts, there is actually more than one creation myth, some of which actually contradict each other. Fascinating really. Thank you for this @IM-NOT-DORNY

• @IM-NOT-HHOENY tbh there are more misconceptions about my country but you are doing a good job :) . Be aware of trolls brother

• @zoob said in Looks like you have some misconceptions, and im happy to clear them :):

@IM-NOT-HHOENY tbh there are more misconceptions about my country but you are doing a good job :) . Be aware of trolls brother

What country are you from @zoob

• This post is deleted!

• @zoob judging by your remark about your country having more misconceptions than India, I would say, maybe in the middle-east

• @The-wise-one its close to india. And having conflicts with india right now

• @The-wise-one said in Looks like you have some misconceptions, and im happy to clear them :):

@zoob said in Looks like you have some misconceptions, and im happy to clear them :):

@IM-NOT-HHOENY tbh there are more misconceptions about my country but you are doing a good job :) . Be aware of trolls brother

What country are you from @zoob

You missed a question mark here.

@The-wise-one said in Looks like you have some misconceptions, and im happy to clear them :):

@zoob judging by your remark about your country having more misconceptions than India, I would say, maybe in the middle-east

And a full stop here.

Please stop making such silly grammatical mistakes or stop being a hypocrite.

https://chatrooms.talkwithstranger.com/topic/28766/grammar-and-spelling

• What's up with Kali? is she a normal hindi deity? or is she the equivalent of satan to christians?

• I see. well, I guess the question was really distorted by my monotheistic raising indeed... I mean, I now know that Satan is just one side of the same coin, but that took some time to sink in. I'm glad to see Hinduism have passed that dicotomy or have naver adhere to that whole concept to begin with. Thanks for the info.

• @DIV Indians are horny according to one post? Is this true? In a scale of 1 to 10, 1 the lowest, how horny are u?

• @DEAD_ said in Looks like you have some misconceptions, and im happy to clear them :):

This honest mistake is made, a lot of times by westerners.
    You see, one cant compare monotheistic principles with that of polytheistic, so before reading this, I will urge you to change the metaphorical lens, with which you perceive things :joy:

This is a very interesting subject. It's allways a good exercise the switch lenses, and I appreciate understanding the metaphorical hinduistic lens better.

I can give you the equivalent with the monotheistic lens if you want, because the world view people are brought up with and the actual metaphysical ideas of christianity tend to differ. Things are often simplified or just not known well to people...

In Hinduism, a person's body, is just their vessel for soul. It serves not much more purpose than being a career of your ataman(soul). This soul, which is you, has unique traits, which distinguishes it from rest of the individuals. And eventually, your body becomes a resemblance of your soul(your innate behaviour, learned behaviour, temperament, and so on).

Like; when a person has a lazy attitude in life, his body will resemble his attitude. Similarly, a 'healthy' mind, will be represented by a healthy body as well.

In christianity a person's body is much more than a vessel for their soul. In fact soul and body are an intimate unity and when a person dies, and that unity is broken, they are incomplete until soul and body are united again. And because of this intimate unity, in the christian world view, your body also becomes the resemblance of your soul (innate, learned, temperament and so on). So a healthy soul lives in a healthy body, they are one.

@Brazilian-Guy said in Looks like you have some misconceptions, and im happy to clear them :):

What's up with Kali?

Kali, in the mythology, is meant to depict the embodiment of a strength and aggressiveness, in the feminine nature. She has had quite a past, which made her that way, which will help you get things into perspective, when you read more lores and mythologies regarding her!

Here is an important difference to christianity. Like in all polytheistic religions gods have stories, they develop, just like human beings. In fact one might be tempted to say that they are nothing but archetypical images of human behaviour... and it seems you share this view... how would you not? it makes perfect sense.

is she a normal hindi deity? or is she the equivalent of satan to christians?

I see this a lot; so this might sound strange to you, but hinduism doesnt have a concept of evil person. It's the actions combined with the intentions, those actions were committed, which we find wrong.

for example; Ravana, a brilliant sage, isn't an evil being, but in many respects more knowledgable than many sages, but yet the scripts antagonise his actions, which were 'ego driven kidnapping and killings'. So, the sin is evil not the sinner.

Christianity does not have a concept of an evil person either. In fact you hear this phrase – the sin is evil not the sinner – a lot if you go to mass. To christians people are not black and white, they are all grey. Nobody is evil, or good. They are just doing good or doing bad. But just like the hindu gods they can be on a good path or a bad path, humans don't switch paths all the time...

So how come that satan is seen as evil? This is not rooted in monotheism itself. It has more to do with the christian concept of eternity.

First of all let me give you the defintion of good and evil from a christian point of view. God is the definition of good. Evil is nothing but the absence of God. This is similar to light and darkness in the physical world (this comparison is from Albert Einstein): We can measure light, light is real. Nobody can measure darkness. We measure darkness as the absence of light. Period.

So @Brazilian-Guy satan in the christian world view is not at all one side of the same coin. He's nothing but a creature, like you or me, just (quite) a bit more intelligent... So is satan evil? Lets return to the christian concept of eternity:

When you die, you leave time. This means, that you do not change any longer, all that you have done will be inside time and when you leave time, it is fixed (this is a simplification to be completely accurate: you can still, like God, act in time from outside of time in a way). Then comes judgement. Judgement is viewing everything you did, viewing yourself, through the eyes of God. Then you have a choice, to accept His mercy and let Him bring you into a complete – eternal – unity with Himself (this is the definition of heaven), or to say: "You have no right to judge me" and thus choose a complete – eternal – separation from God (this is the definition of hell).

Satan, as a spiritual being, has made his eternal choice against God. He was never subject to time, thus through all of time he acts against God, just as you become either completely good (with God) or completely evil (without God) when you leave time. So satan is not the embodyment of evil, its just his non-changing choice, his eternal negation of all that is good, which we see.

• @DEAD_ is traffic in major cities still 80% motorcycle, bicycle to fewer cars n trucks?

Does your schooling insist or allow children to learn languages outside your country, such as Chinese, German, English? ..as is, american children are sometime taught Spanish or French but not expected to be fluent.