• -deleted-

• @jujubabes hey hit me up

• @crimsxn No what for. His followers have killed too many people. People who disagree or who follow another god.

• This is like asking "If it was proven that gravity made things fall UP would you tie yourself to the ground?"

Gravity does not make things fall up, therefore the rest of the What If doesn't mean anything.

There is no god, therefore the remainder of your question seems silly to me.

• @Γαητα
    Well yeah, that’s my main reason for not believing in a God. However this god would prove themselves to me and that they existed wouldn’t be able to be something like speaking though someone to talk to me because that person could just be making it up

• Banned

Depending on what God you were talking about

• @Γαητα certainly not if he's anything like in the old testament... and doubt if I'll do it anyway..

• I guess I would, I mostly follow evidence for my beliefs

• @Γαητα
    what an interesting question! i think that if god was proven to be 100% real, i'd probably follow him. i mean, how could you not? if he was real, god would be the creator of everything and everyone, it would sure feel stupid not to follow him.

but yeah, since god's existence hasn't been proven yet (and probably never will be), i'll stay a merry agnostic~

• No way in hell god's existence can be proven. There is no such shit

• Well, I guess I'd have no choice but to believe in it, but I wouldn't worship it

• Banned

@jujubabes hi :D

• I am an atheist. And I think not. It is not enough to know that God exists .. you must have faith .. otherwise you are just a follower, not a faithful one

• Science can prove his existence, it's right in front of them. But what scientists are trying to do is- they are trying to fit god according to their own concoctions. But, science does leads to spirituality. You can't expect to perform experiment on table top of everything you need to believe in. In fact, there are so many things which are inconceivable according to our senses and tiny brain but still we have tools like mathematics on which we do believe, and hence we believe on its result. From centuries this is what's happening! Say, mind! No one can see mind and no technology can probe it..but it's there. We all are like frogs in a well and trying to imagine the vastness of Pacific Ocean in terms of our tiny - "well". Normally, people today believe what they hear from authority - scientists. They say , we believe. We need to search and experience that on our own, any sane person can arrive at the conclusion that god does exist. Ofcourse one doesn't blindly follow it, but isn't it more reasonable that you search first?

• @Achal99 said in QUESTION FOR ATHEISTS:

Science can prove his existence, it's right in front of them. But what scientists are trying to do is- they are trying to fit god according to their own concoctions. But, science does leads to spirituality. You can't expect to perform experiment on table top of everything you need to believe in. In fact, there are so many things which are inconceivable according to our senses and tiny brain but still we have tools like mathematics on which we do believe, and hence we believe on its result. From centuries this is what's happening! Say, mind! No one can see mind and no technology can probe it..but it's there. We all are like frogs in a well and trying to imagine the vastness of Pacific Ocean in terms of our tiny - "well". Normally, people today believe what they hear from authority - scientists. They say , we believe. We need to search and experience that on our own, any sane person can arrive at the conclusion that god does exist. Ofcourse one doesn't blindly follow it, but isn't it more reasonable that you search first?

really interesting in your point of view :)

• @Shardana hope that really helps you. So, still a non believer? 😄

@Shardana hope that really helps you. So, still a non believer? 😄

I confirm that I find your reasoning interesting. I share it in several places .. but as I wrote you need faith .. it's something that I don't have. Still not a believer in God.

• @Shardana we develop faith through reasoning-it's like when we seek, we find!! ..moreover, faith comes through direct experience of a higher reality or through the company of those who have attained that faith.

we develop faith through reasoning-it's like when we seek, we find!! ..moreover, faith comes through direct experience of a higher reality or through the company of those who have attained that faith.

I see faith as a seed ..
    in some fields it grows luxuriantly in others it dies. Here I am the example of a seed that has not germinated

• let's just say your seed wasn't nurtured properly, but with experience it might fructify too. It's just that we don't have the name, address, identity of god.. because we don't see him roaming on streets everyday. people usually believe on what they see! but lot of things are there which we can't see and perceive and yet we talk about them with such ease, thanks to the authority we have. when you were in school, you were told about electrons right? you wouldn't have doubted that or when you were taught history or when you were told that 1+1=2, because we rely on the authority and when we have proper insights, those things starts making sense isn't it? But this is not the same with God, people usually think this to be some common topic on which everyone can give their own concocted philosophies... it's like children trying to make sense of college mathematics.. point being, isn't it also obvious that to gain knowledge about higher stuffs we need to approach a person who knows about such stuffs or one who can give us insights? just like we have professor for science and don't think the seed won't germinate, I have met people who after gaining the right knowledge turned from a staunch faithless to monks. yeah! that's right. All you need is a authoritative source. does it makes sense? or am I pushing it too far?😅