• Skipping!
    Some have done it a lot, others would never imagine themselves missing a period, what about you? What’s your opinion on skipping?

I’ve never skipped a class until this year. I used to often call in sick so I’d stay home, but this year a couple of my friends and I have found a breach in our school’s system that allows us to skip with almost no repercussions. XD

Let’s just say I kinda abused of this this recently... only last week I skipped 5 periods and tomorrow I’m intending to skip 3 so I can go to a sweets shop and ToyRus with a friend 😂

I realize this is really not the best of ideas, but this is my last week at this school anyways and next year all my friends are gonna be divided in different schools so why not take this last week to hang out with them?

I don’t really know what’s the point of this topic, just wanted to talk about skipping and hear you out to see how and if you’ve done it.

So tell your skipping stories! I’ve got quite the lot and want to talk about this 😂

• I’m on summer break lol 😂 but I’ll skip classes with u lmao 😂

• @wtfjudith first time i skipped school was when i was class 2, long time ago. I was tired of school already. It became a habit, here on tanzania after finishing class 7 you start "form 1" then you study to "form6" they are all classes, just different names, when you get to "form 5" you get to decide what facult you want to focus on depending on your results. (Final results). I took language classes, and on my school, students who took language classes was only 1 plus me.
    So the whole class had 2 students, yet i skipped most of classes. 😂
    Rnow i am almost done with my bachalor degree and if i count number of times i went to class is less than 30. Not to mention we always suppose to have classes, 3 classes per day. Lmao.
    I always use the front gate when skipping classes. Like a boss 😎😎
    Ps. Damn your tags are killing me

• @heyitszoey said in Let’s talk about skipping school!:

I’m on summer break lol 😂 but I’ll skip classes with u lmao 😂

You lucky bitch!!
    Glare
    I’ve got a week of classes left, then a week of exams then prom baby!

• @ragnar said in Let’s talk about skipping school!:

@wtfjudith first time i skipped school was when i was class 2, long time ago. I was tired of school already. It became a habit, here on tanzania after finishing class 7 you start "form 1" then you study to "form6" they are all classes, just different names, when you get to "form 5" you get to decide what facult you want to focus on depending on your results. (Final results). I took language classes, and on my school, students who took language classes was only 1 plus me.
    Rnow i am almost done with my bachalor degree and if i count number of times i went to class is less than 30. Not to mention we always suppose to have classes, 3 classes per day. Lmao.

My way of skipping is less obvious than that tho 😂
    I’ve figures out three ways to do it:

1. when we are late for a period, we have to go to this ladies office to get like a “ticket” you’re supposed to present to your teacher when you come back to class.
      What we do is we arrive late on purpose, go straight to the ladies office, get the ticket (which marks you late but present. So the school only thinks you arrive late, not that you skipped) we just hide in the bathroom and chill for the hour.
      This way is nice because we can do it to skip a period you really can’t attend at the last minute, but if we’re late too often we get dentention..

2. I figured out my dad’s password to his school portal account. Meaning when I want to skip without getting in trouble (like a presentation or something) I write a fake email from my dad’s account saying I’m sick and can’t attend school.
      This way is my favourite, I can skip whole afternoons with it and leave campus

3. outright skipping
      Our school is hella strict so if you miss a class, they give us detention straight away. The thing is that the last two weeks of school, they don’t give detention anymore so if really doesn’t matter anymore 😂

I really wish I had heard of skipping before my last year of high school, but at the same time just judging by the way I’m abusing of this rn it’s best if I hadn’t XD

• @wtfjudith said in Let’s talk about skipping school!:

@ragnar said in Let’s talk about skipping school!:

@wtfjudith first time i skipped school was when i was class 2, long time ago. I was tired of school already. It became a habit, here on tanzania after finishing class 7 you start "form 1" then you study to "form6" they are all classes, just different names, when you get to "form 5" you get to decide what facult you want to focus on depending on your results. (Final results). I took language classes, and on my school, students who took language classes was only 1 plus me.

My way of skipping is less obvious than that tho 😂
    I’ve figures out three ways to do it:

1. when we are late for a period, we have to go to this ladies office to get like a “ticket” you’re supposed to present to your teacher when you come back to class.
      What we do is we arrive late on purpose, go straight to the ladies office, get the ticket (which marks you late but present. So the school only thinks you arrive late, not that you skipped) we just hide in the bathroom and chill for the hour.
      This way is nice because we can do it to skip a period you really can’t attend at the last minute, but if we’re late too often we get dentention..

2. I figured out my dad’s password to his school portal account. Meaning when I want to skip without getting in trouble (like a presentation or something) I write a fake email from my dad’s account saying I’m sick and can’t attend school.
      This way is my favourite, I can skip whole afternoons with it and leave campus

3. outright skipping
      Our school is hella strict so if you miss a class, they give us detention straight away. The thing is that the last two weeks of school, they don’t give detention anymore so if really doesn’t matter anymore 😂

I really wish I had heard of skipping before my last year of high school, but at the same time just judging by the way I’m abusing of this rn it’s best if I hadn’t XD

Damn!!! Here we dont usually use none of those, like if a parent have teachers dial then he or she needs to straight call the teacher sayin you wont attend. Not sending a damn text thou cuz they know we are smart enough to do that.
    we dont have "ticket" when you are late you just join, when you dont attent a class then your name will be ticked as "absent" and that wont affect your grade lmao
    Sometimes when you miss the class you get asswhooping. Just good asswhooping that gon leave some red marks in your body for few weeks 😂

• I feel very sad to inform you that I have never skipped school not even a single Class. I know this is so boring. And now I can't change it because I have finished my school.😞😞😞😞😞😞

• @yoursbucky there’s nothing wrong with not skipping too you know 😂
    I almost got caught a couple times and if I had done I would have gotten serious shit

• @wtfjudith Lol I skipped mechanics a lot and didn't pass and some of my religion classes to go to the mall until my next class, because the mall was two blocks down from my high school.

• Movie Buff

@wtfjudith I should say skipping is bad but naaaa is HELLA FUN. I'm on my summer break right now but dang all throughout my school days I skipped A LOT(I am blaming my friends for this) and I'm in college now and kinda still do it, I'll be waking up in the morning to preparing myself and then the next thing you know I will just not attend but for some unknown reasons all my teachers thought I was in every day meaning I was never "absent" in class. It was never hard to catch up all the lessons and work involved both in school and college so skipping was never a problem just fun doing it :joy:

• @im-a-bae how comes everyone is on their summer break but me!!? :(

And I couldn’t agree more, skipping is bad but fun

• @wtfjudith Tu es toujours pas dans ton vacances d'été, pourquoi ? Lol je suis perdue. Quand est ton vacances d'été ?
    Je parle le français parce que j'ai voulu une conversation française avec toi :joy:

• @wtfjudith I always used to skip Art class, Music, and any other class thats not related to the main subjects. In most of my PE classes, I would sit in the library.
    And sometimes, I would skip Hindi class and sit in the library.
    I got caught so many times, But since, I was good in academics I didn’t have any severe consequences. And also, A very senior teacher in my school used to like me a lot, I was her so called favourite student. And she used to protect me whenever I did anything wrong haha.
    Great times!

• @wtfjudith You'll reproach yourself one day if you skip even a single class. I skipped school classes only two or three times.

• @im-a-bae said in Let’s talk about skipping school!:

@wtfjudith Tu es toujours pas dans ton vacances d'été, pourquoi ? Lol je suis perdue. Quand est ton vacances d'été ?
    Je parle le français parce que j'ai voulu une conversation française avec toi :joy:

Je comprends pas comment ça se fait que tout le monde fini aussi tôt sauf moi! J’ai mon dernier examen le 21 juin :(
    Et je ne sais pas, c’est juste comme ça

En passant t’a utilisé google translate ou tu parles français?? 😃

• @rendezvous said in Let’s talk about skipping school!:

@wtfjudith I always used to skip Art class, Music, and any other class thats not related to the main subjects. In most of my PE classes, I would sit in the library.
    And sometimes, I would skip Hindi class and sit in the library.
    I got caught so many times, But since, I was good in academics I didn’t have any severe consequences. And also, A very senior teacher in my school used to like me a lot, I was her so called favourite student. And she used to protect me whenever I did anything wrong haha.
    Great times!

Why would you want to skip art class?? Art class is one of the periods that deserves never to be skipped! And PE too unless we’re doing a shitty sport like fucking golf -_-

• @damncuteguy said in Let’s talk about skipping school!:

@wtfjudith You'll reproach yourself one day if you skip even a single class. I skipped school classes only two or three times.

Never will never have 😂

• @wtfjudith

Skipping can be fun. I studied in arts school both in high school and in college none of the theorical boring classes were mandatory to be attended, which resulted i those classes being almost all the time empty except before exams :laughing:
    At first it was very fun cuz suddenly I was having alot more time to enjoy and have fun with my group of friends, but later in the years it just became an extra time to finish assignments or work that got delayed from skipping... oopsie :p

Jokes asside, I see no harm in skipping every now and then if things don't get too out of hand. If you finish your studies and manage to get in the college you want you succeded with or without skipping!

• @heyitszoey @im-a-bae

Oh sweet summer break, how I miss those times :laughing:

• @ragnar

Oh boy you had it harsh dude. Things were pretty chilled here, it was heavy workwise but most ppl tried really hard to do the things we were supposed too, so it was all good in the end without harsh punishments :laughing:

I do remember a crazy teacher in college, that disliked our class.
    It was the day of the exam to her subject and her class was one of those theorical ones, so most people only showed up for the exams and would often get late, even for that. As soon as the period started, she yelled: "there's not enough ppl for me to hang out the exams so you all failed" and just left the class behind. We were very puzzled, especially the ppl that arrived late and saw noone in the classroom.