An Open letter to TWS Religious Zealots (especially those who are more "active" around here and are extremely vocal about their beliefs)

• Hello there fellow humans. Yes... I am talking to you all there, being called out from the shadow of your savior cross, cube or whatever upon which you pledges eternal devotion and a somewhat unreasonable vow of self-sacrifice.

I Used to be just like you all. A mindless (or extremely confused) human that had strong beliefs based upon a sacred text.
    I wasn't combative because I was really a christian (or so I thought) and being a christian, as far as I know and as far as pretty much 90% the gospel preach is all about "presenting the other face" and "reaching out to people with a child's heart". I am pretty sure yall (zealot warriors of Christ) been reading some other type of bible... or maybe yall just focusing on the Old testament, which is.... called old for a reason and if you had taken the time to read the gospel (which most of the time seems like a negative) you would know why... But then one day, the discrepancies between the texts and the dogma, the teachings and the actions, the words and the churches began to pile up and, even though I was not particularly bright or wise, it started to sound some sort of red alert inside my "Jesus-loving Heart" to a point I started, at first, questioning the "Clergy" of pretty much every temple I would go to worship.

First, they've tried to convince me of a bunch of horseshit, like "this is how we interpret the scriptures", which to my now skeptical mind sounded like " Hey, trust me here", even though their beloved old testment clearly says "Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord - Jeremiah 17:5".Then, they started with their veilled threats like "hey, you talking the devil talk, REPENT", not literally of course, because the clergy is lacking in many virtues for the most part, but damn they are good with words. Lastly, I was expelled from the little "egostistical and heretic club of dimwits" I used to be part of. Took me sometime to start questiong the validity of everything I was told and used to read in the scriptures, granted I never really read the scriptures by myself, but always acompanied by a tome of ultra-biased teological analyses taking my hand through it all. But once it started happening, it was a One way road away from conventional religion, which I know see as a mean to an end so to speak. it is a necessary path everyone (at least in the western society) must take to start their jorney of self-discovery and true apreciation of the divine.

So... now that i got my background out of the way while delivering some jabs at the whole religion-cult-thingy, I come here to propose a series of questions towards those self-entitled or deemed by their heretic and
    contradictory clergy "worshippers of the true god", whatever that may be.

especially @Silhouette. I've seen some of your most recent post about Homosexuality and I have some questions to bounce off of your thick, mostly empty and prejudicious skull (yeah buddy, you really pissed me off that's why I've thrown all courtesy out the window, since you dont seem to mind other peoples emotions and feelings anyway), but everyone is welcomed. Fill this post with your unreasonable garbage and dumbfounding dumb arguments. Reasonable people are welcomed to chime in, but I expect very few of this rare breed to be around this dark, troll infested, stupidity seething corners of the internet.

TLDR: I am a former christian zealot and could simply point out most of other christian zealots contradictions, especially regarding dogmatic aspect of their "warrior-like mentality". Also, I really dont like how @Silhouette act around this parts and this is kinda like a challenge.

I really dont feel like being around this post all day, so I ask @Global-Moderators to give me a hand here by deleting especially racist, homophobic, xenophobic, misogynistic and other untasteful extreme ideologic prejudicious and unreasonable posts. I thank you all in advance.

• @Thales_BG this is bs, everyone knows who’s our one true god and saviour, creator of life

Praise the sun

nice topic btw, fücking long to read tho XD

• @WtfPoutindith couldnt agree more.

• @Thales_BG said in An Open letter to TWS Religious Zealots (especially those who are more "active" around here and are extremely vocal about their beliefs):

Hello there fellow humans. Yes... I am talking to you all there, being called out from the shadow of your savior cross, cube or whatever upon which you pledges eternal devotion and a somewhat unreasonable vow of self-sacrifice.

I Used to be just like you all. A mindless (or extremely confused) human that had strong beliefs based upon a sacred text.

I accept that you feel like you were mindless, after an experience of your eyes being opened. And I cannot judge wether you were actually mindless, for there are certainly mindless believers. And I would certainly agree with you, that just because a text is presented as "sacred" it would be mindless to put strong beliefs in it. Somebody once asked christians on TWS wether they were just going to church (and believe in sacred texts) or had actually tested the waters themselves. If you belonged to the first group, well yeah, you were probably not really a christian :shrug:

I wasn't combative because I was really a christian (or so I thought) and being a christian, as far as I know and as far as pretty much 90% the gospel preach is all about "presenting the other face" and "reaching out to people with a child's heart".

Yup. Love the sinner. It's all Jesus does. Actually dies for the whicked in the end, instead of fighting them.

I am pretty sure yall (zealot warriors of Christ) been reading some other type of bible... or maybe yall just focusing on the Old testament, which is.... called old for a reason and if you had taken the time to read the gospel (which most of the time seems like a negative) you would know why...

Here is an interesting thought: The old testament is a set of stories, of God interacting with His people. That's how the faith was transmitted in israel: telling of God's actions, and people's actions. And people did a lot of horrible things.

One might also note the nature of the law of moses. The mosaic law was given by mose, not god. This is basically what Jesus says when he talks about divorce, and he tells them, that God sees it differently than moses allowed. So yeah, if you don't take the bible as a whole, including the gospels and John's, Jacob's and Peter's letters, you will not understand. Period.

But then one day, the discrepancies between the texts and the dogma, the teachings and the actions, the words and the churches began to pile up and, even though I was not particularly bright or wise, it started to sound some sort of red alert inside my "Jesus-loving Heart" to a point I started, at first, questioning the "Clergy" of pretty much every temple I would go to worship.

Yap. Poor clergy. Split itself. Does not act on Jesus words. Teaches nonsense. Causes millions to loose faith. Don't want to be in their skin. There always were saints too though...

Is your judgement right though? Is everything you call wrong actually wrong? While being sure that many of the things you call wrong, certainly are...

First, they've tried to convince me of a bunch of horseshit, like "this is how we interpret the scriptures", which to my now skeptical mind sounded like " Hey, trust me here"

You should never believe anything without a reason. People who want to be believed without a reason, should not be teaching. However, there are reasons that people today don't understand. At all. And yet they are perfectly rational and make sense...

, even though their beloved old testment clearly says "Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord - Jeremiah 17:5"

And this is why I've been writing such a long introduction. This one actually makes perfect sense. The man who trusts in man, and who's strength is human strength and departs from the Lord, actually calls curse upon himself. This is very factual. You can look at society today. People want to be like Gods, declaring what is good and what is bad. They declare themselves godless just so they can do whatever they want, any kind of immorality. (I mean the green party in the 60s in germany actually tried to make pedophily mass acceptable...). And society dies of it.

Then, they started with their veilled threats like "hey, you talking the devil talk, REPENT", not literally of course, because the clergy is lacking in many virtues for the most part, but damn they are good with words.

He. Yes they are. But many of them actually lack faith themselves...

Lastly, I was expelled from the little "egostistical and heretic club of dimwits" I used to be part of. Took me sometime to start questiong the validity of everything I was told and used to read in the scriptures, granted I never really read the scriptures by myself, but always acompanied by a tome of ultra-biased teological analyses taking my hand through it all. But once it started happening, it was a One way road away from conventional religion, which I know see as a mean to an end so to speak. it is a necessary path everyone (at least in the western society) must take to start their jorney of self-discovery and true apreciation of the divine.

Well my friend, you don't sound like you had a catholic past. But the clergy you depict could just as well be catholic. Most of them don't know the reasons behind their dogma either. Most of them actually don't believe in most dogma lol. However, I would like you to note, that before there were those final formulated statements, there was a centuries long rational debate. Their is logic in all of the catholic chuch's official teachings, and, it is all quite biblical. Just that most people don't actually know, nor put in practice as you have clearly recognized.

So... now that i got my background out of the way while delivering some jabs at the whole religion-cult-thingy, I come here to propose a series of questions towards those self-entitled or deemed by their heretic and
    contradictory clergy "worshippers of the true god", whatever that may be.

especially @Silhouette. I've seen some of your most recent post about Homosexuality and I have some questions to bounce off of your thick, mostly empty and prejudicious skull (yeah buddy, you really pissed me off that's why I've thrown all courtesy out the window, since you dont seem to mind other peoples emotions and feelings anyway), but everyone is welcomed. Fill this post with your unreasonable garbage and dumbfounding dumb arguments. Reasonable people are welcomed to chime in, but I expect very few of this rare breed to be around this dark, troll infested, stupidity seething corners of the internet.

Hehe, you didn't count me in :muahahaha:. Well any catholic really should take the church's teachings to heart: because indeed the first and foremost commandments are "love God" and "love your neighbour as (you should) love yourself". Which quite obviously does not contain the subordinate clause "as long as your neighbour is a saint".

Jesus love gays.png

TDLR: I am a former christian zealot and could simply point out most of other christian zealots contradictions, especially regarding dogmatic aspect of their "warrior-like mentality". Also, I really dont like how @Silhouette act around this parts and this is kinda like a challenge.

Point them out. However if you want to be better than the christian zealots I challenge you to do it with love instead of arrogance :yum:

I really dont feel like being around this post all day, so I ask @Global-Moderators to give me a hand here by deleting especially racist, homophobic, xenophobic, misogynistic and other untasteful extreme ideologic prejudicious and unreasonable posts. I thank you all in advance.

I really don't expect you'll get that kind of response, but we'll see. I'm excited to see the results.

• @pe7erpark3r Now that's what I call being reasonable and a good christian. you even meme about it, which is a telling sign of someone who is sure their beliefs could hold to the utmost scrutiny.

Regarding being arrogant, that's really my intention. To be irrestibly attractive to people that are too blind to see how they are easily manipulated. Also, I am not (or at least i dont think I am) christian, and I have a different spin on "being better than christian zealots". that aint possible by loving them, as in most case you are just beating cold iron so to speak... they dont really need love, and giving them love is just wasted energy. I rather give them insecurity, doubt and anger, as those feelings are easy for me to instigate and tend to cause a bigger reaction than ignoring their obviously flawed thinking.

oh, and btw, even though i dont consider myself christian anymore, I still hold his teachings in high regard as a proof that humans can be better if only they would control their bad side with a vicegrip, instead of projecting it on others and justifying it by pointing at the same book that should be the ultimate relief from hate.

• That's quite a lot to read. I admit I don't appreciate how condescending the post is considering I can flip that around because I used to be an atheist and now I am a Christian. "I used to be just like you".

• it was said to me this way once that i really like. and btw, i am so far from a zealout its not even funny. my walk with God is slow and steady and lots of stumbling with baby steps for now

but i heard this once "its all based on faith. you beleiving this diety died for you to live forever again one day. if you go through life beleiving this lie and in the end you find it to be false, what did you have to lose except maybe being a fool. oh, but if you dont and the end comes and you have no faith or followed, you have everything to lose"

guess id rather be a fool with that much on the line

• @Thales_BG Yoooo this is a lot of text 😁

All jokes aside, I agree with what you said. I hate people who think they have the right to tell others how they should live their lives. It's bullshit, bro. You'd have to be a literal saint to judge other people, and random strangers on the Internet ain't saints. Far from it. Live and let live ✌️

• @Codius are you a zealot? A warrior holding the banner of Christ marching through the internet while making everyone around either uncomfortable or straight offended? That's who I was being condescending to. If you are a responsible, tactful Christian, you are fine. I have absolutely no qualms with religion. I actually think Christ is pretty important and his teachings are actually quite vital. But if you go around judging people, and preaching repentance through fear mongering....well.. I will wait for a reply before starting my "questioning".

• @NathanOnFire said in An Open letter to TWS Religious Zealots (especially those who are more "active" around here and are extremely vocal about their beliefs):

@Thales_BG Yoooo this is a lot of text 😁

All jokes aside, I agree with what you said. I hate people who think they have the right to tell others how they should live their lives. It's bullshit, bro. You'd have to be a literal saint to judge other people, and random strangers on the Internet ain't saints. Far from it. Live and let live ✌️

You know what most people don't realize, that there is no righteousness in judging others. Ever. In fact this is what people have always done, and done, and done, throughout all of history. We have judged each other. We have not just called promiscuity bad, we called promiscuous people sluts.

Did you know that looking down on a person, looking down on any person, looking down on a bad person, calling somebody a slut, judging them, is a sin in christianity? In fact both the old and the new testament say that you are judged for the utterences of your toungue. It seems to be quite heavy in God's eyes, and yet everybody feels perfectly justified to talk badly about a bad person, don't they?

The new orthodoxy judges one not for being a slut, they judge one for calling promiscuity bad. They judge you for saying that men and women are not equal. They judge you for saying that your country is good. They judge you for saying that not every religion is the same.

Vegans feel morally superior to you. So do environmentalists. So do LGBTI enthusiasts. Everybody wants to feel morally superior. And from their high seat be able to judge others for not thinking the same, not acting the same. And of course so do Christians – just that everybody else nowadays feels morally superior to them.

But it is absolutely wrong to judge others. Even Christ himself said to the adulterous woman, that He would not judge her. You don't have to be a saint to judge others... On the contrary one will recognize how much of a saint you are, by how you much you refrain from judging others. You will never hear a saint call anybody a slut, or treat anybody like a slut, or treat anybody like they are morally superior to them.

However one also recognizes saints by the fact that they are ready to die for the truth. They are not afraid to speak up, even if they are hated. Jesus was hated and killed for telling others how they should live their lives. And yet he never judged anybody. That is what a saint is.

• @Thales_BG What do you mean by Zealot? If you mean a zealot by someone who wishes ideally to give themselves fully to God, I will bear that title. I try to "hold the banner of Christ" in every part of my life, not just online. I have the suspicion that you interpret these things in a much different manner than I do. Do I judge people unjustly? Sometimes, but that is my own failing that I need to repent of. I do not believe in "fear-mongering" as a means to repentance, but rather the love of Christ working through me and others to bring the broken into healing relationship with Christ. I believe personally that acts of mercy, charity, kindness, self-sacrifice, and gentleness are a weapon sharper than even the pointiest sword.

• @pe7erpark3r Well said bro

• @Codius Ok, you seem to be fairly reasonable and truthful, you deffinitely aint the type of "christian" I was calling out. I dont think you have been around here enough to identify who I was being condescending to and calling out. I hope you never get to witness first hand what the "warriors of christ" are doing around this parts. But I think once you do, you will understand who I am talking about here.

• @pe7erpark3r said in An Open letter to TWS Religious Zealots (especially those who are more "active" around here and are extremely vocal about their beliefs):

However one also recognizes saints by the fact that they are ready to die for the truth.

I think this is very complicated, for who can actually say what really is the truth? I mean, if we are talking about factual truth, Yes, I agree 100%. if you are talking about religious truth, then we have a small disagreement. because that's highly subjective in a sense, unless you are not excluding everyone that died defending their own religious truth from the "Saints Hallway".

• @Thales_BG hello my respected fella. I fully support your post about this. However, have you ever tried to flag such post before? report it to @Global-Moderators? If yes, then you are doing the right decision.
    As far as i concern, we can not control for whatever people posts or thoughts about their belief, we can drag Tag or many users who followed him. However, this is just a piece of humble advice from me, BE A MODERATOR. You will control all of that, but remember, you are not paid, you do it voluntary :)

Then if you get that title, please banned that Stoopid Hooman name Tag. Thanks ;)

• @Nibba_Nibby I am not sure what has gotten into you recently, but my intend with this post was not to become a moderator as I am, as of right now, considering joining the bandwagon and abandoning this wretched place filled with immature and twisted people.

• @Thales_BG i am showing you the easiest way to kill them till you feel "giving up".

• @Thales_BG I see, I see. You spoke your piece, you stood your ground. You mentioned me directly, as a real man should. Good, good.

Fine. You win. I concede a loss. I do not have enough backing to face you, for it seems like I am a minority on this site called TalkWithStranger.

If we were on Voat or Gab, I would vaporize you. Penetrate your mind and make it weep. But not here, not on this site. The mainstream of this site is quite clearly opposed to my presence here. No thinkers on this site, apparently. Only horny boys, third-world peasants, vapid sluts, fake Christian cucks like homosexuality-defending Peterparker and Marxist cucks like you. Tsk, pity pity, great pity.

I was not deriving much enjoyment from reading through all the imbecilic posts that were on the main page anyway, so I shall depart at once. Enjoy your victory. You struck publicly, you gathered popular support and you made sure to read through my posting history. I despise you, but I will congratulate you. You earned this victory as a Man should, and I can respect that.

Farewell. I will not miss any of you, and I expect none of you cretins to miss me.

• @Silhouette oh no... The pussy ass master of them incels gave up before we started? So much for being clever and right eh? In need of backing ? I never thought you could go lower than before, this whole "if we were on a voat or gab I would destroy you" sounds like excuses for someone who is too dumb to realize he is not as smart as he thinks. You overestimate your intelligence bruh. You are actually quite predictable and dumb. Go find yourself a nice little "club" of people who agree with your dimwitted idea of religion and die quick. You are a waste of space and oxigen, not to mention food. Your ancestors would be ashamed of ever giving rise to such a useless white trash. Go away dude. Go with your tail between your legs like the coward you are. Also, I recommend a new religion for you... Have you ever thought about worshipping Ares? Seems more fitting for such a "warrior" like you... Oh, wait... I guess not even a dead God would find use for such a stupid incel like you... Oh well . Glad I hit my mark here. Your departure is most welcomed by 99% of this platform as I would assume not even them "horny guys" were fond of you. Not to mention the "peasants from the third world (me) and sluts (pretty much everyone who isn't a male human). Have a pretty desgracefull life out there bitch, hope death finds you quick.

• @Silhouette Disgraceful. All of this.