• I'm 14 homeschooled and have pretty much no irl friends. Online friends yes. But not irl. I play softball and i am in martial arts and there are homeschooling events that i go too, but, it seems like everyone already has their friendgroup and have no interest in expanding it. I am sick of always being alone. I like to hang out with people. I am the shy girl who tries to talk to people but, am just brushed off. What can i do about it?

• ABOOBS

What makes you think you have no friends vanie? πŸ€” your teammates in softball or the people in martial arts are all potential friends for you and its just about keeping in touch yk πŸ˜‹

• @GodStranger i try to keep in touch. They soon turn into one sided friendships

• ABOOBS

@Vanie haha that tells me, you are expecting something from them!!

• @GodStranger yeah i am. Its called giving a shit. I text them, most of the time they don't even answer. I ask them how they did in a sports tourney and they say fine. Thats it. I get ignored most of the time. All i am asking for is someone who give a shit. Is that really to much to ask?

• ABOOBS

@Vanie Expecting something from someone always gives them the freedom to gift you pain, now what you can do is to lower the expectations from your end so that they can go duck themselves if they don't care πŸ˜œπŸ˜‚

• One Woman Army Sarah's Fan Club

@Vanie
    now that hits close to home, because i was basically in a similar situation as a 14-year-old. no friends other than online friends, spent most days alone, etc.
    the best advice i can give you is that you should keep doing those activities you mentioned. you're definitely bound to find new friends if you keep up your martial arts training, for instance :) i mean wow, what a cool thing to do, right? i wish i had such of an awesome hobby back when i was a 14 year old, maybe then i wouldn't be such of a geek today :D

also, chatting with online friends helps you develop your social skills, which will come handy in the future. keep doing it, it's a good habit! once your social skills reach a certain level, no one will ever brush you off in a conversation, trust me ;)

• @sarah_the_magpie
    Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. And haha i wish i didnt have to do martial arts tbh lol.

• go outside

• @Vanie so what is the reason Such a young and talented intelligent and I’m sure attractive along with extremely sexual young lady doing up this late and on the net playing with the boys I was just wondering LOL

• @Vanie said in Guys, how can i make irl friends?:

I'm 14 homeschooled and have pretty much no irl friends. Online friends yes. But not irl. I play softball and i am in martial arts and there are homeschooling events that i go too, but, it seems like everyone already has their friendgroup and have no interest in expanding it. I am sick of always being alone. I like to hang out with people. I am the shy girl who tries to talk to people but, am just brushed off. What can i do about it?

Thassa why i said UNBEATBLE ALMIGHTY VANIE πŸ˜‚

• @Vanie hi how are you

• Get off this website

• Friends are not easy to make. If you are struggling, do not beat yourself up. Keep yourself at a high standard, you shouldn't have to dumb youself down to fit in. The activities you are in, are great way to meet different individuals. Maybe they are not what you are looking for, continue following what you enjoy and try new things. Eventually you'll find yourself involved in an activity and someone will come along (and it ALWAYS happens when you are off guard and not actively looking). You'll click, and a friendship will bloom.

I'm in the same boat though. It can become frustrating be the one that always checks up on people, but get nothing back. But just think.. only leaders take charge ;) you got this!