• Okay. I refuse to believe there's no mileage in this one. Because if there's one thing everyone LOVES and finds INTRIGUING it's #drama, right?

Times when you've been in close vicinity to a stranger having a full-on, screaming row.

Last weekend, I was in Stroud, right. Stroud is kinda the English version of LA, but with factories and garden centres in the place of Hollywood. The hills are full of posh people: the outlaying estates are full of roughboys. And outside the town hall, there was this almighty, top-of-yr-lungs shouting match going on between this bloke and his phone. In the street at his feet was a smoking, shigged-out dirtbike. Turns out that immediately beforehand, he'd bought this thing from --I got the impression-- some kind of smirking, upper class villain. The discourse --screamed at the top of his lungs, remember-- went in a repeated loop:

"I WANT MY MONEY BACK YOU THIEVING, F' ING C. IF THAT MONEY ISN'T BACK IN MY F' ING PAYPAL ACCOUNT RIGHT NOW, I WILL COME ROUND THERE AND GO F BALLISTIC, I'M NOT EVEN JOKING".

You could tell his pupils were narrowed like the big crunch, and his heart rate probably sounded like an oil barrel full of grit. But the funny thing is, at one point, the bloke on the other end of the phone asked, 'Are you threatening me?', and it was hard to believe he hadn't said it for laughs, out of sheer cheekiness.

There were about ten people watching the meltdown from over their shoulders. At one point, some rich student girls walked by very close and were like, 'Tee hee giggle' like feckless manga characters, but if I'd tried it, he would have ripped my head off.

In the end, I myself scarpered because I was starting to get freaked out. Can't imagine how it ended. Stroud, again like LA, has a very strong Po-Po presence, so they presumably came and busted him on a public shouty rap.

Beat that.

snake basil.jpg

• @Indrid-Cold said in Overheard meltdowns:

Last weekend, I was in Stroud, right. Stroud is kinda the English version of LA, but with factories and garden centres in the place of Hollywood. The hills are full of posh people: the outlaying estates are full of roughboys. And outside the town hall, there was this almighty, top-of-yr-lungs shouting match going on between this bloke and his phone

Good story :joy:

Okay. I refuse to believe there's no mileage in this one. Because if there's one thing everyone LOVES and finds INTRIGUING it's #drama, right?

Yupp that kinda has become an integral part of everybody's life ig. People live for it. I remember there was this *James Charles- Tati Drama * going on YouTube a few months ago...and damn people turned into freaking leeches..sucking every goddamn information. Some even didn't know wht happened but where there's a drama there's a way!

• @Anastasia-Smith I really like Tati Westbrook, but to me she seems indistinguishable from the average character Kristen Wiig plays on Saturday Night Live.

• @Indrid-Cold can you delete my account

she seems indistinguishable from the average character Kristen Wiig plays on Saturday Night Live.

I don't think she'll be pleased to hear that😂