• I know this is a post that is free for the public to see but this is more like a self discussion, I guess? I don't know, but don't hesitate to comment any words of advice, encouragement, or hate. I'm not really sure why I'm doing this but I am and I would like to see where this goes.
    So, Hello, I am Olivia, well, I'm not, but that's my pen name. Or Olive, if you like those, but I don't.
    Last night I found out I have "daddy issues", which I knows is lame 'here comes another sensitive female that cant get her life together because daddy didn't hand her a silver spoon'. But this is different, at least I hope it is. My dad is still in my life and he always has been, I live with my mom but my dad has never been far away. But he still was never really a dad either. I never thought that mattered though because my mom has awlays felt like my mom and my dad in one, like some kind of super parent. Even though I know my relationship with my dad is probably worse than average I never considered myself a daddy issues kind of person, I didn't even think that was a real thing, I thought people just used that as an excuse to act out and be irrational. But now, here I am, about to turn 20 and I crave male attention like a meth head craves a bump, but I don't seek it. Well, I try not to, but yet I'm writing my personal problems on a website called Talk With Stranger. I still don't know why. Maybe I still want attention, or maybe I'm hoping that I can connect with someone who feels the same way. Whatever the reason may be, I will admit that it feels good to write my thoughts down. But maybe this isn't the way to do it. oh well, thanks for listening.

• @OliveOlivia

I have a very close friend that has the same kind of issue going, it's not like she has daddy issues, tho she is very submissive and often feels lost without someone to help her guide herself in life.
    You gotta try and understand if you crave male attention like sexually or if you crave male attention to a degree where you need someone to protect you, be there for you and hug you and say that everything will be alright, like a dad would... Tho this 2 things can be easily mixed... Hope I helped somehow?

• @Lurker its definitely the second one that I crave but I am a girl with needs so I crave sexual attention too just not as much 😂

• @OliveOlivia

Would that sexual attention be sought into the same person that fulfils the second option I gave you? Or it could be any other male?

• @Lurker no they have to fulfill the second option like you said

• @OliveOlivia

Word of advice then :sweat_smile: Guys that are looking for that kind of girls are often jerks, try to filter as much as you can hahahah... And I wish a very good luck in finding "the one" :p

Also, here's something you will like... for sure:

• @OliveOlivia do you Skype my dear

• @Lurker said in E N T R Y:

@OliveOlivia

Word of advice then :sweat_smile: Guys that are looking for that kind of girls are often jerks, try to filter as much as you can hahahah... And I wish a very good luck in finding "the one" :p

Yeah, I've learned that 😂 but thank you!

Also, here's something you will like... for sure:

perfect song for this post 😂

• @OliveOlivia it not as much Daddy issues as it is with in love

• @blahs3xy Im sorry, i don't

• @OliveOlivia That's a brave thing you've just done (whether anonymously under a pen-name or not) and you deserve the utmost respect for it. Whatever happens I hope you find the support here outweighs any hate you might receive.

Sometimes it is easier to open up to people not connected to our situation than those who know us best. The advice we get is objective and there is a certain layer of insulation - if they betray our confidence and trust we can walk away from them relatively unscathed. I think it makes a lot of sense to put feelers out in a place like this. Rest assured you are NOT lame.

Attention and attachment are incredibly complex issues which can't be resolved online in a day/night. But if you feel good about writing things down, putting them out here, then that's a positive start. You've realised your situation and that self-awareness is a big thing, it will stand you in great stead as you move forward dealing with this. Just, and I'm sure I don't need to say this but in case I do, please stay safe. There are opportunists in the world (not necessarily here, I generalise) who if aware of your situation will attempt to take advantage of it.

• @OliveOlivia line one up we can chat and I can give you a show you would like

• @Lurker said in E N T R Y:

Would that sexual attention be sought into the same person that fulfils the second option I gave you? Or it could be any other male?

This hits a little near to home, I can't decide if after what I've been through this year I should back away from this topic or it gives me a uniquely qualified perspective...

• @Matt_Aranha Wow, I wasn't expecting this much kindness, thank you!:)
    No need to fear though, I've learned my lesson on being taken advantage of and I'm much more careful now 😂

• @Matt_Aranha

A piece of advice is always good, you weren't the only one that had to deal with those :joy: but yeah... yours is at a new level :shrug:

• @OliveOlivia It's the least any of us can do, and that's very good to know 🙂

• @OliveOlivia the hardest thing to learn is how to live! Most people suffer from multiple issues from their child hood. You have to truly move past it with believing in yourself. Confidence in your achievements not matter what the out come.

• @OliveOlivia see honey there is only emotion in life the people, outside of yourself have control over. That is their sexual being in your eye. Love, hurt and hate all come from with in you.

• @OliveOlivia are you a horny female?

• @Matt_Aranha Offered perspective is helpful and appreciated but mental health comes first! Im sorry if this topic was a trigger