• @riyajohn said in What brought you here? What keeps you here?:

@pe7erpark3r This is news to me bruv

right right :joy:

• @nightshifter

I think i've replied to topics like this before but.... HERE WE GO AGAIN! :smirk:

The start of 2018 was being rough for me, I've been tho a harsh period and I was feeling quite lonely. Some night I decided to google "talk with strangers" and I ended up in random chat...
    Decided to keep visiting the site and eventually found someone in the same chat that eventually disconnected and made me curious enough to make an account here to try and reconnect with the said person and that's when I joined in TWS community... I made some cool friends and that, along with the new users that show up every now and then keeps TWS interesting to me, sometimes making me be much more active and some others just... lurking

• @nightshifter

A few years ago I was in this exact spot in Sweden, all alone so i wanted some company to lighten up the party since i got my paws on a bottle of Finnish happyness. I lit the campfire, got comfy with a nice view on the lake, and headed to Omegle.

20190611_145106.jpg
    20190611_144931.jpg

I kept getting banned on Omegle for skipping wieners to fast so i googled for an alternative and arrived at TWS in its babystage.
    Back then it was just 1vs1 chat and there were no wieners (they hadn't found it yet) and nobody asked for M/F at the start of the convo.
    Met alot of great people back then.

Stayed because the addiction took over 🤗

• @Wolfie11
    that's my birthday date :D

• @TheRisingSun , glad you stayed. :)

• @Lurker , 💜 Glad I met you here xoxo.

• @pe7erpark3r , I wish the same! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• @TheRisingSun , when we met you started out trolling me hard about why I’m here and not with my family. Lol. And the answer was always because normal people sleep at night and work or go to school during the day. I’m nocturnal. I ignored your jabs long enough and decided I actually like you. You keep the chat alive and fun and make a great Tequila Tuesday partner on here. Cheers.

• @TheRisingSun , and those are awesome shots! I wish I could show you these pics from Canada because they are so similar. I’ll take the beauty of nature and simplicity of camping or RVing over a 5 star hotel any day.

• @nightshifter said in What brought you here? What keeps you here?:

I wish I could show you these pics from Canada because they are so similar

Thx for the kind words. You can make it a topic and share your pics to everyone. (Send noods in DM though, they're just for me riiiight 🤗)

On a phone you use this thingy to select your pics:
    Screenshot_20190611-181352_Chrome.jpg

On pc, just drag them in the part where you type.

Wait for them to upload (it uploads them to imgur) and there you go, the pics will appear in your topic, or you can use that same link to show pics in pub or DM.

The pics you upload through tws are public on imgur though.

If you want them to be private, you have to make an account on imgur and upload them directly to Imgur.

Easy peasy ✌️

• @TheRisingSun I’m on iPhone though

• @TheRisingSun , I’ll figure it out eventually

• @nightshifter

Same thing as android, i'm on chrome android.

• do you really want to know what brought you here and what keeps you here?:

Well, to begin with, one of the main reasons what brought me here, would be boredom, you'd think, "Well, it's a simple reason", but actually my reasoning goes beyond what you think, the big question is, what does it consist of? frankly, for me boredom is more than a concept, by the fact of getting bored, one instinctively begins to perform actions to be able to eliminate that internal boredom that one possesses, certain actions can become absolutely absurd, as there can be things that one always wanted to do and is given the opportunity, well, this could be a case, to do something that I have not done before.

Now, what keeps me here, well the reason for that question would be because for some reason, I feel that this site has something that catches my attention, something that sometimes I don't even know what it can be, a mystery that to date has not been solved, and that sooner or later I will have to solve in any way possible.

• @Mr-Ghost said in What brought you here? What keeps you here?:

Now, what keeps me here, well the reason for that question would be because for some reason, I feel that this site has something that catches my attention, something that sometimes I don't even know what it can be, a mystery that to date has not been solved, and that sooner or later I will have to solve in any way possible.

I just had an idea. People talk about safe spaces all the time these days right? Spaces where there is no hate, and everything is safe and nobody gets offended...

I like the idea of a safe space, I'd just define it a little bit different. To me a safe space is a place where you can spout all kinds of dangerous and crazy ideas, without getting mobbed to death. (not even by a twitter mob)... Maybe tws is such a space to a certain degree, I wonder...