• I feel like I suffer with depression although it’s not medical confirmed. On the outside I am a comical bubbly girl so I’m too scared to tell my parents incase they don’t believe me because I’m always acting so happy.

• @emc23 Saying they wouldn't believe you because you're always acting happy is just a silly thing to say. As with most things it's always best to just talk about it. Reach out to them and try to put your feelings into words.

• @martybadger thank you Marty, I know that would help as they are very understanding I guess I’m just nervous about the whole thing. I know speaking out is the best thing for me I just find it hard

• @emc23
    What @MartyBadger says is right. Try and reach out.
    Speaking as a parent it’s not an easy thing to discuss by you or for parents to hear, but it’s always good to talk. You never know they might be really understanding.
    Until you try you will just beat yourself up about it.

I struggled with depression years ago. Always had a negative felling about people i new, family, work and more. Always felt worthless in all I did. Sitting in a room knowing in your heart that people cared but my head saying otherwise. All the while projecting a happy go lucky persona.

Talk to those close to you, it’s worth a shot.

• @mr_peanut thank you that’s is really helpful, I will talk to my parents soon but it’s just the case of building up the courage to do so.

• @emc23 said in Hidden depression:

@mr_peanut thank you that’s is really helpful, I will talk to my parents soon but it’s just the case of building up the courage to do so.

No trouble, and when you feel the right time to talk comes I wish you well ;)

• @emc23 And hey if need be, you could probably empty your heart to someone on here that's willing. No harm no foul.

• I wanted to talk to someone about how I feel as I have no friends as my last day on earth . I can't even get that here.