• Freedom Writers

Here's the true story from start to finish

Once upon a time I came to TWS because I genuinely thought it was cool. Like literally everything else in life, it had plenty of faults, but most of the people here seemed happy. So, I joined. I didn't start making topics for a while but when I did, I got attention. I gained a lot of popularity and people started liking me pretty quickly. They expected me to post more and gain reputation and loads of other things. I didn't know any better, so I tried.

Then, shortly after I met 2 people. (a boy and a girl) For a while, I thought they were my best friends. Now I know they are both fake, I mean they lied about their identity, accounts, etc. One of them, the girl, I was happy she was friends with me. She introduced me to a lot of people, and we had a little circle. Most of those people don't come around anymore. They all slowly left, and now maybe 1 or 2 are still here.

The boy I met was really sweet. I thought he was being a good friend to me, so I tried to give him everything. He made me super happy. That all turned sour a few months ago when I realised he wasn't who he said. He had another profile, with which he pretended he was a girl and did a lot of very wrong things. This person convinced me to make different accounts as well, he said it was good and everyone did it. I believed him, and that's how the account @Gay-Boy was made. He told me to model them after my real life friends and stay active on them, so I did. After I found out it was bad, of course I stopped using them

A bit later after this, my friend Joey wanted to see what TWS was about, and I told him about the account I made after him. He started using this account every now and then, which I didn't mind because in a way, it was his. At this point he was learning about rep and how it worked, and began to upvote my posts. He said I should use the other ones to do the same thing, so I did. Now I know that in a way I am a follower and should learn to say no and think for myself. Lots of people lead me to do things that I wouldn't have done otherwise.

Anyway after this he started to get bored and said he would see how to fuck with people. He started being more annoying in the public chat and randomly downvoting posts. He asked me about a user called Sup and my relationship with him. I told him we didn't talk often and I didn't even know his name. All he said was okay. I didn't think much of it, and I continued to let him use my mac to get on TWS.

Shortly after, Joey said he wasn't interested in TWS anymore and I wanted to know why. He said people were too uptight. That day I found out he'd been downvoting people's posts, specifically Sup, and telling people about me so I could gain rep. I assume he thought he was helping, but he wasn't. Sup started to message to me after a while, trying to upset me and getting angry. I explained to him multiple times what was going on, and he just got worse and worse. Someone told me he cried and was very upset for a long time because rep is so important to him. For a while, I let things fly over my head because that's all I could do about it.

Recently, just yesterday I made a topic about the decline of TWS. I talked about what I thought they could do better, and what the users could do better. I was accused of the accounts, which I owned up to, because it's true. Someone did tell me to make other accounts, and I was foolish. I'll admit that much. But when the person accused me of downvoting posts to get ahead, I got upset. Me, personally? I would never do that. Yes, I have downvoted posts, but only on my own topics, and only when I don't agree with them. I wouldn't downvote posts recklessly just for the hell of it. After expressing this, things got better, and after explaining, a lot of new people felt for me and the old ones were no longer upset.

So, there you have it. It's all in the air now. This is the truth, and there isn't anything I can do to change it. I never would have thought reputation could be so important to people. I never thought it could be important enough to ruin relationships. I called Joey today and he said it was alright if I posted this using his real name, and he's reading this before I post it to verify everything. To be clear, YES I KNOW THIS IS A 1st WORLD PROBLEM. I know that there are people dying and starving and actually being abused in real life. I'm very in touch with reality, and in the grand scheme of things, this isn't important. It will be forgotten about, and the petty things done by Joey and Sup will fade within a few months. I did think, however that it'd be good to explain this to everyone before I leave and a topic was the best way.

This isn't the reason I'm leaving TWS. I am not one to run away when times get hard, and I can withstand the hate or anything else I may receive. I'm leaving because TWS isn't good for me. People around me have seen how it's been effecting me, and I personally don't even like it anymore. It really was fun while it lasted though, and I have no regrets. I'll be checking in randomly about once a month to have small chats with the people that follow me, and the other friends I have. So, I guess this doubles as a goodbye.

WELP If you read all that, you're a real one. I'll miss most of you guys, a lot of you were really special to me. I think that's all the tea I have to spill today, sis.
    Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee my beautiful babes.
    Remember that no matter what happens, things will work out if you stay real <3 <3
    Much love, and thanks
    -Sapphire

• hi
    hru can you pm me plzz so we can chat??
    pm me plzzzz??

• @thegoddess
    I think a nice movie can be made on this true story......
    Title :- life of stranger
    Nice story but try to stay away frm fakers...

• No you're not leaving you're staying because we miss you so don't go.

• Hmeh, Just a random guy randomly stumbled upon your post, I'm glad I did tho in the first 10 mins after creating an acc here. Sometimes I forget how internet works and how weird people actually are.. I just dont get it how do you thing to find something that you are looking for if you are pretending to be someone else.. kek..

• We'll miss you.

• @TheGoddess
    Who knows truth and false?
    The court is adjourned.
    So, you have to stay here 😂😂

• Freedom Writers

@DamnCuteGuy @TalkWithStranger Why is everyone asking me to stay? Like I get that I have some friends here but other than that no one should miss me.

• -deleted-

• @evan-elderson It's not that I'm letting it get to me, but if you read it, you'll see that through the whole situation I followed other people because I thought they knew what was good for me. I never ever used to do that and I probably need a sec to find myself again and just chill.

It still amazes me though how tiny numbers on a screen can turn people into little monsters though.

• -deleted-

• @thegoddess Read the whole thing. If only there were a way to cherry-pick who you interact with here! Wherever you go there will be people pulling you in directions you don't want to go in. Just make sure to learn what you can from the errors along the way, and nothing will be a total loss!